Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Iheanacho

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

4 years is too quick to right him off?! Seeing what stage a 25 year old is at who cost £20 odd million, has been at the club for four years and has never been good enough to play semi-regularly and is probably on about 60k a week? Fine if your 19 or 20 but not someone who should be an experienced player by now.

Time to cut your losses on him and get some money while you still can.

He has been good enough to play semi regularly the issue is vardy. He came in as a youngster to replace vardy but vardys longevity has made that impossible for the last few years. Saying he isn’t good enough to start ahead of vardy is not saying he is not good enough. The lad broke records at youth level, had the best goal to minute ration in premier league history at Man City and still has a very good one here. If we let him go permanently we may well regret it so why not just see where he’s at first.

iheanacho seems to be the latest scapegoat at the club. We always seem to have one and I personally think it’s pretty disgraceful. Those who were writing Maddison off two months ago now are his biggest fans. Same has happened with Albrighton, Vardy, Barnes, Justin to name just a few. As fans we need to be more patient and less fickle based on short term performances. As far as I can tell this anti iheanacho sentiment has formed after one bad result and that just isn’t fair on someone who has served the club in such an admirable way when playing such a hard role as a second choice striker behind a club legend.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

He has been good enough to play semi regularly the issue is vardy. He came in as a youngster to replace vardy but vardys longevity has made that impossible for the last few years. Saying he isn’t good enough to start ahead of vardy is not saying he is not good enough. The lad broke records at youth level, had the best goal to minute ration in premier league history at Man City and still has a very good one here. If we let him go permanently we may well regret it so why not just see where he’s at first.

iheanacho seems to be the latest scapegoat at the club. We always seem to have one and I personally think it’s pretty disgraceful. Those who were writing Maddison off two months ago now are his biggest fans. Same has happened with Albrighton, Vardy, Barnes, Justin to name just a few. As fans we need to be more patient and less fickle based on short term performances. As far as I can tell this anti iheanacho sentiment has formed after one bad result and that just isn’t fair on someone who has served the club in such an admirable way when playing such a hard role as a second choice striker behind a club legend.

That's exactly what I am saying though, he's not good enough at EPL level, especially not for a team in the top 4 and I'll eat my hat if he ever is. Has the past four years not sufficed in terms of "seeing where he's at"? Four years is being very patient, he's not a scapegoat he's just not very good, based on weirdly enough performancs he has put in, in the four years he's been here.

Bojan broke every record going at youth level, it means nothing, nor can you put much credence on coming off the bench and scoring a few goals for Man City nearly five years ago.

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That's exactly what I am saying though, he's not good enough at EPL level, especially not for a team in the top 4 and I'll eat my hat if he ever is. Has the past four years not sufficed in terms of "seeing where he's at"? Four years is being very patient, he's not a scapegoat he's just not very good, based on weirdly enough performancs he has put in, in the four years he's been here.

Bojan broke every record going at youth level, it means nothing, nor can you put much credence on coming off the bench and scoring a few goals for Man City nearly five years ago.

He’s never had a long enough run in the team to properly judge him. All I said is that I’d like him to go to somewhere like Leipzig if they are going to start him for half a season then we can reassess. I personally thing with a good run of starts at a good level he will come good. However he also might be utterly shit. It’s worth finding out first rather than potentially regretting it three years down the line.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

4 years is too quick to right him off?! Seeing what stage a 25 year old is at who cost £20 odd million, has been at the club for four years and has never been good enough to play semi-regularly and is probably on about 60k a week? Fine if your 19 or 20 but not someone who should be an experienced player by now.

Time to cut your losses on him and get some money while you still can.

....I knew a long time ago that he was unsuitable to be the replacement striker!!!

Why we maintained this situation for so long has benefitted no one and the fact that game time was not available to him only serves to ask why we did not replace him and to allow him to  build a career in another team which supports and plays to his strengths.

He needs to go and I hope he finds the team that he can excel in.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it was sarcasm.....!!!

Why would anyone with 2 braincels post this 2 hours after it was amicably discussed, and which you must've read the feed... 

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

6 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

I find it bizarre, that there seems to be any opinion on here, that he could offer much positive at all. The 1 thing I can credit Nacho with is that, when he has space for a shot, he is adept at shooting... but that's it! & for £24 Million transfer & £80k a week... come on. 

He doesn't run a lot, he doesn't work hard, he doesn't have the skills to beat a man, he doesn't defend from the front, he doesn't win the ball in the air.

He is a professional, who is just not at the level of those around him, or who he plays against. If we can in anyway remove his wage, and get rid on a free it will be a positive for the Club, and he would get more games at a lower standard, a positive for all, surely?

He can beat a man, but then he's so slow he loses it again. I think when playing regular if the ball comes to his feet he can hit the net as well but he isn't good enough for our set up. Get rid as soon as

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’d agree to it if it means we get a couple of million. Even if Vardy got injured for the rest of the season Iheanacho would do fvck all. Would genuinely prefer Ricardo up front than Nacho. 

...just take a look at the amount of posters who put him in their team as the lone striker....it is as if they have never seen him play!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Bojan had years of first team experience. Iheanacho never really had a long enough run of matches to build his confidence

Edited by BlackFox

I think he needs a run of games to be honest. Whenever he's had sustained runs he's shown he's capable of scoring. He's like any striker in that confidence is key. I'm pretty certain that a confident Kelechi is a very good goal scorer.

For the argument that he is too old, we need to remember that Vardy didn't start his professional career until his mid twenties and I think most who watched him in his first season (at a lower level than we're at now) would have quite happily paid for a one way ticket to Ibiza for him. The fact that he has become arguably the best striker this club has ever seen really should remind people (myself included) not to write player's off based on limited game time. Of course very few will become the next Jamie Vardy but unless he's given the opportunity we'll never know whether or not Kelechi has what it takes to make that step up. 

I'll happily concede that I was wrong if he gets a run of games and doesn't perform but I really don't see what we have to lose by giving him that opportunity to show us what he can do. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackFox said:

Bojan had years of first team experience. Iheanacho never really had a long enough run of matches to build his confidence

The point still stands, breaking records at youth level means next to nothing in terms of making it as a top player. Maybe the question to ask is why Iheanacho has never had a long enough run of matches. He lacks in far more than just confidence.

36 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The point still stands, breaking records at youth level means next to nothing in terms of making it as a top player. Maybe the question to ask is why Iheanacho has never had a long enough run of matches. He lacks in far more than just confidence.

Might have something to do with a rarely-injured Vardy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What he needs isn't just a run of games, it's to be played in the right system. If we play him in a 4-1-4-1 / 4-3-3 as the lone striker then he needs the wingers to constantly push on otherwise he's very ineffective. His best position is as a support striker or in a front 2 very much like Perez. Only now are we starting to understand how to use Perez but I don't see us ever accommodating Iheanacho by playing 2 up top, especially as he is likely to only ever play when Vardy is unavailable and therefore as a lone striker.

With less than 18 months on his deal and being able to walk away for free we need to be looking to move him on.

West Ham are desperate for a striker! Maybe we can offload him to them for a decent fee and get a nice replacement in.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

What he needs isn't just a run of games, it's to be played in the right system. If we play him in a 4-1-4-1 / 4-3-3 as the lone striker then he needs the wingers to constantly push on otherwise he's very ineffective. His best position is as a support striker or in a front 2 very much like Perez. Only now are we starting to understand how to use Perez but I don't see us ever accommodating Iheanacho by playing 2 up top, especially as he is likely to only ever play when Vardy is unavailable and therefore as a lone striker.

With less than 18 months on his deal and being able to walk away for free we need to be looking to move him on.

Agree with this, he's not good enough to accomodate by having to change the system. Nealy four years is plenty, time to try and get a bit of money for him and sign someone who's good enough in the short term as a back-up option for a side with CL aspirations and ideally in the long term good enough to be the number 1 striker.

Feel sorry for him really, he is a goal scorer (proved it at Man City) but with Vardy staying relatively fit for the last 4 years he can’t get a run of games, the chances he has had this season have been few and far between but he has been poor in them, Perez is ahead of him now and if we do sign another striker I can’t see him staying. Slimani type of money loss incoming if he does go... 

2 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

I think he needs a run of games to be honest. Whenever he's had sustained runs he's shown he's capable of scoring. He's like any striker in that confidence is key. I'm pretty certain that a confident Kelechi is a very good goal scorer.

For the argument that he is too old, we need to remember that Vardy didn't start his professional career until his mid twenties and I think most who watched him in his first season (at a lower level than we're at now) would have quite happily paid for a one way ticket to Ibiza for him. The fact that he has become arguably the best striker this club has ever seen really should remind people (myself included) not to write player's off based on limited game time. Of course very few will become the next Jamie Vardy but unless he's given the opportunity we'll never know whether or not Kelechi has what it takes to make that step up. 

I'll happily concede that I was wrong if he gets a run of games and doesn't perform but I really don't see what we have to lose by giving him that opportunity to show us what he can do. 

You can't use Vardy as an example as his career path was so different, he was working in a factory at 23. 

Iheanacho has won the Golden Boot at the U17 World Cup so has been involved in the highest level football for years. I was a huge fan of both Chilwell and Gray until they both turned 23 and then realised that both players looked to have fantastic potential at 19/20 but the reality was that both were more or less the same player at 19/20 as they are today.

I was all for selling Iheanacho for £20m last season when he had a purple patch and the majority of the forum wanted to keep him. I just believe you won't go too far wrong if you sell players who had loads of potential as teenagers but are now 23/24 and not really kicked on. If you're good enough you force your way in to a team one way or another by the age of 23/24.

• Like 1