Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Watched the game back again. Everton are channelling their inner Burnley. Absolute shocking football team. I thought Allardyce left them on 2018. They parked the bus at home and took off their striker for a defender late in the game. We should have won. Definitely 2 points dropped.

Yet they feel they deserved the win and man for man have a better team lol:dunno:

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/01/2021 at 13:10, David Guiza said:

Glad somebody said it. 

Everton have taken 4 points from us this season and could arguably have taken all 6 if weren't for Gomes miss controlling or DCL/Richarlison not passing up very good heading opportunities. They were also without their screen in Doucoure and Allan. 

That said, I'd be disappointed to not finish above them this season. 

I dont think he really did miss control. It came at him at crotch hight and he was unsighted until the last half a second. Its hardly the glorious chance gone begging its made out to have been.

It still staggers me they went so defensive in the 2nd half.

It showed in the final few minutes how much they could have threatened us even if they tried to do it a few more times earlier in that half. It's why I was so confident of us scoring just before we actually did - most attacks were nearly coming off and it really was only a matter of time. 

I think Ancelotti absolutely bottled it at half-time. I know they were probably compensating for a lack of Doucoure/Allan to bolster that midfield (ours were 100x better than Davies and Gomes) but they regressed so far back it was very surprising. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It showed in the final few minutes how much they could have threatened us even if they tried to do it a few more times earlier in that half. It's why I was so confident of us scoring just before we actually did - most attacks were nearly coming off and it really was only a matter of time. 

I think Ancelotti absolutely bottled it at half-time. I know they were probably compensating for a lack of Doucoure/Allan to bolster that midfield (ours were 100x better than Davies and Gomes) but they regressed so far back it was very surprising. 

Have to agree - thought we were toast at half-time.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I couldn’t agree more. Think most people on here were saying ‘we were unlucky to win’ when I saw it more like how you’ve described it above - Everton gave us a chance sitting off so much and being passive.

We were like a boxer on the ropes, 1 punch away from being knocked out and Everton decided to let us recover and get our legs back when we were there to be beat.

At the end they decided to attack and caused us problems, despite being without their best midfield and James taken off.

Does anyone actually think Leeds will be that passive!? Not a chance. That’s why I think we have a really huge task on Sunday now.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned previously, but there is no way Evertonians are going to put up with watching that type of football. The fans would have been on the players backs by showing a performance like that at home. This would have made them make mistakes which we would have exploited and then we would have gone on to win easily.

A lot of teams within the league are currently being allowed to play dull, dog shite football... most notably Everton and those dirty potatoes from there that London way. I know we are all excited about being able to watch this amazing team we have live along with the quality of football they are producing... in a way, I feel sorry for anybody who has to sit through an Everton game every week.

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

Theyre at the negative anti football stuff again today. Baffles me with some of the quality they have in their side.

I LOVE that there whole argument for why they're better than us always comes out as 'we took 4 points off you'. Newcastle have just done the double over them lol

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1