Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

21 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not knocking them, Dyche does a job with the budget he has but they have one way of playing and its dreadful most of the time. Time will tell if Dyche can do anything with money or whether he carries on with his hoofball to the big men up front routine 

21 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not knocking them, Dyche does a job with the budget he has but they have one way of playing and its dreadful most of the time. Time will tell if Dyche can do anything with money or whether he carries on with his hoofball to the big men up front routine 

I don't know enough about AVP to know ( they've only put peanuts in so far) but I will say this Bolton, Blackburn and Burnley used to be a scarier place to visit for football teams than Merseyside when I was young and only tiny Burnley F .C. ( pop under 80k roughly half the size of the other two ) looks like surviving. I think of them as the English Auxerre . They always used to play the most cultured football per Pound sterling in the first division but whether Sean Dyche could manage that again I don't know. That distinguished list of players they.ve had to sell since the sixties were I believe nearly all locals. Auxerre (pop about 30k  I think ) won what was the European Cup (maybe twice), not all that long ago. Mind you so did my works team PSV ( Philips Sports Club) but I don't think many worked in our factories:=). I was Centre Forward. (i made that bit up) Still it was nice when I was asked how's your sports club team doing and to be able to say just won the European cup. I dream of being able to say it about LCFC.

Edited by Alan Frost

We were pushing so far forward that we constantly left ourselves exposed to a break. For huge swathes of the game our centre-backs were parked in their half and Ndidi was tackling on the edge of their box which led to the goal against.

Felt like we were playing into their hands and could easily have lost it.

Mendy didn’t turn out as bad as I thought when he came on. When Ndidi hobbled off I thought that was it and Mendy would get swamped.

Edited by jim5000

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Everton were like old school Wimbledon for most of that game. Hoof ball and set plays, only happy when it was stop start. Mike Dean was the ideal ref for their shithousery. Surprised no analysis was done on whether Digne was offside for the James goal.

Mike Dean was terrible. I know everyone thinks the ref gives more to the other team but the amount of times they floored our players and we got nothing, whereas they seemed to get everything. Cant believe Tielemans got the first yellow.

Their entire gameplan seemed to be park the bus and constant niggling fouls to break our flow, only thing is they weren’t given as fouls 

Edited by jim5000

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

We were pushing so far forward that we constantly left ourselves exposed to a break. For huge swathes of the game our centre-backs were parked in their half and Ndidi was tackling on the edge of their box which led to the goal against.

Mendy didn’t turn out as bad as I thought when he came on. When Ndidi hobbled off I thought that was it and Mendy would get swamped.

A midfield of Gomes and Davies is not exactly a test tbh 😂 - it was definitely a game where Ndidi’s absence had no impact. Mendy played well imo.

Just now, jim5000 said:

Mike Dean was terrible. I know everyone thinks the ref gives more to the other team but the amount of times they floored our players and we got nothing, whereas they seemed to get everything. Cant believe Tielemans got the first yellow.

My favourite Mike Dean moment was when Richarlison headed the ball from our free kick, the ball was going out of play and close to their area, Mike decides to blow up because of the head ‘injury’ and then precedes to give Everton the drop ball. Also the free kick he gave to the Amish Hipster Davies for being hit by an invisible ‘ghost boot’  to the face. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Still haven't learned our lesson from corners. The way we 'defended' that one at the end was nothing shortbof comical and we should've been punished. Are we just accepting it as a deficiency or are we working to improve on it? 

It almost feels like we have accepted that it's a weakness. Our overall lack of height and strength will always make us vulnerable at set pieces against teams like Everton with all of their giants. But some of our organisation at corners seems very odd eg Mendy being the man 'marking' Richarlison at that last corner. 

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It almost feels like we have accepted that it's a weakness. Our overall lack of height and strength will always make us vulnerable at set pieces against teams like Everton with all of their giants. But some of our organisation at corners seems very odd eg Mendy being the man 'marking' Richarlison at that last corner. 

I was just astonished that the ball went over everyone as they were all bunched around the near post leaving *Gomesh completely unmarked

16 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Mendy didn’t turn out as bad as I thought when he came on. When Ndidi hobbled off I thought that was it and Mendy would get swamped.to

You  didn t Watch/follow  us then...when Menddy , early season was driving us into the Top 4...!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The Defence Coaching staff need sacking...,:ph34r:

26 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Everton were like old school Wimbledon for most of that game. Hoof ball and set plays, only happy when it was stop start. Mike Dean was the ideal ref for their shithousery. Surprised no analysis was done on whether Digne was offside for the James goal.

Me too. Did it count as another phase of play, because the first attack ended when little wes cleared the attempted cross?

2 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Me too. Did it count as another phase of play, because the first attack ended when little wes cleared the attempted cross?

Yeh but if the linesman thought he was offside, when the first attack broke down the flag should’ve gone up but he either didn’t see it or it wasn’t offside. As far as I know it wasn’t analysed by anyone! 

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Soyuncu looks like he’s fine , Wesley bit off it but still a beast.

I think we suffered more from losing Wilf. Everton sh*thoused us and we had no answers, despite knicking an equaliser through more luck than opening them up.

We played some good stuff but I’m suprised to hear we deserved to win as we didn’t really create much substantially and arguably were lucky to not lose, Pickford is an awful keeper.

The problem is without Ndidi, there’s too much pressure on our back 4 when we’re caught with more space to exploit. It was one of those games where we were so much better on the ball than Everton but they were a real threat ok the counter and set pieces and crosses constantly.

We will really miss Wilf if he’s out for more than a few games.

Good point for me though, tough game and backs were firmly against the wall and Tielemens is just such a world class player. I do think though that if Everton had Allan and/or Docoure, there’s no way we get back into it.

Can't agree that we were lucky not to lose. We were by far the better team and the only team with their backs to the wall were Everton as they were hanging on for most of the game.

58 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

I don't know enough about AVP to know ( they've only put peanuts in so far) but I will say this Bolton, Blackburn and Burnley used to be a scarier place to visit for football teams than Merseyside when I was young and only tiny Burnley F .C. ( pop under 80k roughly half the size of the other two ) looks like surviving. I think of them as the English Auxerre . They always used to play the most cultured football per Pound sterling in the first division but whether Sean Dyche could manage that again I don't know. That distinguished list of players they.ve had to sell since the sixties were I believe nearly all locals. Auxerre (pop about 30k  I think ) won what was the European Cup (maybe twice), not all that long ago. Mind you so did my works team PSV ( Philips Sports Club) but I don't think many worked in our factories:=). I was Centre Forward. (i made that bit up) Still it was nice when I was asked how's your sports club team doing and to be able to say just won the European cup. I dream of being able to say it about LCFC.

Per head of population Burnley are probablly the best supported team in the league   When it was more of a level playing field Burnley were  one of the most attractive and best sides in the country   I didnt realise Blackburnwere in trouble