Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Who would you like to see come to us on loan?

It still says he's on loan at Norwich on the Norwich website.

Have you been to east anglia? like a 3rd world country mate. Obviosuly the 486 cpu they use to edit the Norwich website is still uploading the the fact he's been recalled. ( no offence Phil )

Recalled Over a month ago

And he scored in following week for charlton reserves. So unless hes gone back, which I didnt think he had and can find no information regarding him going back, hes at Charlton. and he's fit.

Two players worth looking at

who both know where the net is.

Gunnar Heidar Thorvaldsson from Halmstad.

Daniel Omoya Braaten from Rosenborg.

Probably wouldn't cost too much either

Lots of clubs are after him, he scored something like 25 goals in 30 games for them last season. I saw a wonder goal of his the other week on another website. He'll be going for over a million I reckon.

Braaten was linked with Spurs not to long ago for somthing rumourd to around the high hundred thousands as well, I belive.

Mbesuma has just made his first start at Portsmouth and will want more. Rodic has had a few games and Mornar's more of a winger than a striker. I remember one of our ex-strikers getting criticised along for drifting out wide, so we wouldn't want another one of those would we?

I'd love to see Chopra or Lupoli come here on loan :thumbup:

Braaten will cost quite a bit!! Besides, I don't think he'll want to do a Rab (ditching Champions League for Fizzy Pop league) at his age...

I'm not entirely confident that Elvis will start scoring and if Levein doesn't give Hume a continued run in the side then neither will he. de Vries is hit and miss this season and can't be relied upon all the while and neither can Dublin who's shot his bolt years ago.

Portsmouth have 3 strikers spare who aren't even getting a sniff, i'm sure one of those could add competition for places and score us a few goals.

Collins Mbesuma

Ivica Mornar

Alexsander Rodic

Then you've got Nathan Ellington at West Brom who's kicking his heels and rarely even getting a place on the bench so i've heard.

Heider Helguson isn't getting much playing time at Fulham, not started a game in the premiership this season. He knows where the net is at this level and works his bollocks off aswell.

Then there's Michael Chopra who can't do anything to force his way past Shearer, Owen, Ameobi, etc. I think he'd be good at this level, he's done well whenever he's gone on loan before even if it was a division below.

Arsenal have loaned us a few players in the past season or so and they've got a few strikers spare, the prolific Lupoli would be easier to get than Quincy Owusu-Abeyie and he's better I reckon. Lupoli and Smith took our reserves apart last season and this season, I bet Levein has clocked that aswell.

Birmingham have got Njazi Kuqi who's Shefki's brother, Bruce would be willing to loan him out and he's meant to be a bright prospect.

Ricardo Vaz Te from Bolton? Not seen much of him, any takers?

Jason Euell at Charlton, not played a game this season? Is he injured or out of favour? He'd be mustard at this level. Jay Bothroyd, Jonaton Johansson, Shaun Bartlett? All rarely featuring

Marcus Bent at Everton, yes please! Or even James Vaughan that youngster they've got, he would fit in nicely here.

I wonder when Neil Mellor is back to full fitness? I'm sure there would be plenty of takers for him, perhaps a trip down to the midlands might be up his alley.

Man City have got plenty of young strikers they could lend us, at youth level they are blinding.

I like the name of this one..........Sylvian Ebanks-Blake, must be something to do with Nathan Blake. I bet United would let us borrow him, perhaps even let us have him for good? Rossi? Probably a fish to big for our pond.

Danny Graham at Middlesboro showed last season how talented he is, he's only made 1 appearance for them this season. They have alot of good strikers and loaning him out is best for both parties I reckon.

Kevin Kyle is coming back to fitness at Sunderland, he'll struggle to get in for them but knows where the net is at this level.

What about big, bad Bob Zamora from West Ham? So nearly signed him several times before, I like the lad and West Ham don't need him. He could be a loan with a view to a permanent deal.

And finally what about the return of David Connolly? I know he's injured but soon Wigan will be able to sign players again and if they are still in the top 3 then they'll try and sign a world class striker. Connolly will be left stranded.

There are alot of strikers we could get from the premiership, we could even get one from the lower league on loan until the transfer window opens and then sign them permanently like some clubs have done with players.

I'd like to see Lupoli from Arsenal here or that Ebanks-Blake, both of them are too young to have a say in where they go and their managers might see how good Levein is at bringing youngsters through. Go on fella's gis' a striker.

Not much to work on there! :)

Seriously I think we've probably got enough "potential" strikers and need someone proven.

Connolly is the devil we know and the £1m owed to us might be a factor in gettinghim back (if Levein want it) but otherwise I'd just like someone whose record suggests he'll score more than Chambers would.

Marcus Bent/Nathan Ellington might fit the bill, or perhaps Chopra (while still a bit of a gamble, might still be a good one). Someone with a bit of strength wouldn't go amiss because we're lacking up front in that department.

Not much to work on there! :)

Seriously I think we've probably got enough "potential" strikers and need someone proven.

Connolly is the devil we know and the £1m owed to us might be a factor in gettinghim back (if Levein want it) but otherwise I'd just like someone whose record suggests he'll score more than Chambers would.

Marcus Bent/Nathan Ellington might fit the bill, or perhaps Chopra (while still a bit of a gamble, might still be a good one). Someone with a bit of strength wouldn't go amiss because we're lacking up front in that department.

Excellent point, now that would be good business! :)

Mbesuma has just made his first start at Portsmouth and will want more. Rodic has had a few games and Mornar's more of a winger than a striker. I remember one of our ex-strikers getting criticised along for drifting out wide, so we wouldn't want another one of those would we?

I'd love to see Chopra or Lupoli come here on loan :thumbup:

Braaten will cost quite a bit!! Besides, I don't think he'll want to do a Rab (ditching Champions League for Fizzy Pop league) at his age...

I'm not so sure he might be playing Champions League,

but he's not being paid Champions League.

The Scandanavian sides pay Div 1 wages at best.

He's probably on better then that at Rosenborg but he may want

to use a Championship side as a stepping stone to better things.

I think if CL is looking, he's better off looking to Scandanavia

that is where the bargains are.

Robbie Fowler on loan. Linked with Southampton in the press to help get him up to full fitness. Im sure we could steal in. The commercial boys will be happy. Think of the extra tickets sold & TV appearances from having a player of his pedigree. I think he's grown up a lot over the last 5 years and would do a good job at this level.

It would certainly give a massive boost to the dressing room to have someone of his history walking through the door.

Robbie Fowler on loan. Linked with Southampton in the press to help get him up to full fitness. Im sure we could steal in. The commercial boys will be happy. Think of the extra tickets sold & TV appearances from having a player of his pedigree. I think he's grown up a lot over the last 5 years and would do a good job at this level.

It would certainly give a massive boost to the dressing room to have someone of his history walking through the door.

This would be very good, but i just can't see it happening.

Archived