Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

In Case Rodgers Leaves

27 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

If BR went tomorrow I’d want Graham Potter.

Brighton play great football, just got no-one who can stick it in the net 

Agree with this, Potter is tactically excellent, he's just dealing with a team who cannot take chances. I'd even guess that the exact team he has at Brighton now could finish mid/top half on another season if they had more composure & luck infront of goal.

For what it's worth, I'll be amazed if most teams don't have a shortlist of next potential managers regardless of how they view the current one.

I think with any manager the key to them staying at a club like ours is by retaining the best players so to hear players like Youri saying he is happy and wants a future here will only help to persuade Rodgers to stay longer. He knows he will have good quality players to build a team around that is capable of challenging for a title.

The only way i can see him considering leaving is if a club like United or Chelsea offered him a job or if we sell our best players and turn into a feeder club. 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

i think £10m a year is quite a lot of money, and I think our club is increasingly prestigious.

Can't disagree with that but I do believe Rodgers views himself as being in the tippy top bracket of managers and as such will want to eventually be a genuine big hitter club to validate that and until we have gone deep into the Champions League once or twice we will not count as a big hitter.

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Money and prestige talks this is naive thinking

We pay him loads already, and he could be worse off in the long term by getting a little bit more money in the short term. Think David Moyes for example, he's only just about recovered to where he was before, after his time at United. 

I'm torn on potter. I can't tell if their problem is simply a lack of good finishers or there being a fundamental flaw in their gameplay - I mean the fact it's still happening after about 50+ games is mental, it's more than bad luck now.

• Like 1

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

I'm torn on potter. I can't tell if their problem is simply a lack of good finishers or there being a fundamental flaw in their gameplay - I mean the fact it's still happening after about 50+ games is mental, it's more than bad luck now.

I'm wondering what fundamental flaw their gameplay could have other than terrible finishing? Missing 2 penalties in a match (for example) is nothing more fundamental than failing to take your opportunities.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm wondering what fundamental flaw their gameplay could have other than terrible finishing? Missing 2 penalties in a match (for example) is nothing more fundamental than failing to take your opportunities.

That game itself is obviously ridiculous that they've lost and given what happened against Palace too, one after the other, it's really highlighted the problem. Are they really 'that' dominant and missing sitter after sitter is what I'm wondering, or are they just bumping the stats up to make it look more convincing than it was?

On 02/03/2021 at 13:24, Leicesterpool said:

Rafa for me, I believe he was on the shortlist for the job last time. Available this time. 

Would have been a good choice after Ranieri or Shakespeare but not now. It's clear that the club want a possession based style of football with young players. Benitez is a good manager, but he doesn't fit that bill.