Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

In Case Rodgers Leaves

3 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Can’t see him going for a long time. 

he’s very well paid, amazing owners, great youth set up, great business model and I imagine he feels in control here. I get the feeling at the majority of other clubs the manager/coach doesn’t have much say on what goes on. 

Agree with all this but I do think he will become frustrated if he isn't given a decent transfer kitty in the summer.

I get the feeling he has been pretty desperate to bring in some more players and the funds haven't been made available. 

Tough times for all owners though. Just hope we have enough to get in 3 decent players in the summer. 

I dont think hes going anywhere. In been here 2 years, significantly upgraded his contract in between and has only just put his foot in the door to the new training ground. 

He wouldn't Tottenham. It wouldn't surprise me though if man utd got rid of gollum in the summer.

We have only been top 4/5 for 1.5 seasons and our squad needs strengthening further. 

I would be happier if he were here until next summer at least.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Agree with all this but I do think he will become frustrated if he isn't given a decent transfer kitty in the summer.

I get the feeling he has been pretty desperate to bring in some more players and the funds haven't been made available. 

Tough times for all owners though. Just hope we have enough to get in 3 decent players in the summer. 

Given that transfer dealings were the main reason he left the job he loved on the cusp of a treble treble, this is a very valid post.  I guess it depends how much he believes that the pandemic is a justification for no nett spending  - he looks at a club like Everton ......

if we drop out of the top four again and he is of the opinion that the main cause is a lack of squad depth due to a lack of spend then why would he hang around to have his ‘nearly man’ reputation sustained by things outside of his control ??  He’s ambitious .....

Don’t let it be forgotten that Rodgers Is on an absolute welt here as well. £10 million a year is a huge sum, it’s hardly like he’s paid peanuts, it would have to be a very serious offer to tempt him away. I’m not sure Levy would want to pay him much more than that and also fork out compo to us. 

He also categorically isn’t going to Spurs either so that’s that lol 

Edited by Manini

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Given that transfer dealings were the main reason he left the job he loved on the cusp of a treble treble, this is a very valid post.  I guess it depends how much he believes that the pandemic is a justification for no nett spending  - he looks at a club like Everton ......

if we drop out of the top four again and he is of the opinion that the main cause is a lack of squad depth due to a lack of spend then why would he hang around to have his ‘nearly man’ reputation sustained by things outside of his control ??  He’s ambitious .....

Precisely the reason that he's not considering any career move containing or associated with the words Tottenham and Hotspur.

Edited by Line-X

Bizarre one this! 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballfancast.com/leicester-city-news/leicester-links-to-ruben-amorim-are-baffling/amp

Despite Brendan Rodgers seemingly doing a fantastic job at Leicester City, there are currently suggestions that the hierarchy at the King Power Stadium are keeping track of a potential successor.

The name being bandied about is current Sporting Clube de Portugal Head Coach Ruben Amorim.

According to O Jogo and journalist Bruno Andrade, the Portuguese is being ‘closely followed’ by not only the Foxes but also Leeds United.

The reports also suggests that their interest in the 36-year-old former Braga man is a case of contingency planning should Rodgers elect to leave Leicester for another job.

However, it seems frankly baffling that those in charge of the club are even concerned about the Northern-Irishman’s loyalty.

He still has just over four years left to run on his current contract in the East-Midlands, having only penned a new deal in December 2019.

There might well be interest in his signature as there has been in the past in relation to the Arsenal job. However, there is a real lack of tempting positions that would likely catch Rodgers’ eye.

All signs in the East-Midlands, including the club’s brand-new state-of-the-art training ground, point to the former Liverpool boss remaining with Leicester and attempting to lead them back into the Champions League.

That does not go to say Amorim isn’t a talented coach. In his 13 games in charge of Braga, he racked up 10 victories before being appointed at Sporting.

Leading the Lions nine points clear at the top of the Liga NOS table and being unbeaten thus far this season, it only seemed natural that other players in the European game would start to notice.

With the Portuguese giants having paid out a princely sum of €10 million for his services just a year ago, it seems unlikely that either Leicester or Sporting would come to an agreement in the near future, leaving the links between the two somewhat confusing.

The media- Rodgers should/ will go to Arsenal. Should/ will go to Tottenham. Should/ will go to Chelsea.

Also the media- Why are Leicester looking at replacements for Brendan Rodgers?

Why is this major news? It is good planning. We appointed Rodgers two days after sacking Puel- we didn't pull his name out of a hat and decide he was the one 24 hours before getting him.

I'd expect us to have a list of names we're monitoring, especially in a volatile business like football management.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

One thing I will say is I have seen a lot of these rumours today. How will Rodgers take all this talk? If true it seems a little bit of a disrespectful thing for the club to be doing.

Every business needs a succession plan. 

Barcelona had done it really, really well for years. 

Then you look at the Manchester United and see what a mess they’ve been since Ferguson has left. They had years to prepare and didn’t do it. 

My business has one for me. :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

Every business needs a succession plan. 

Barcelona had done it really, really well for years. 

Then you look at the Manchester United and see what a mess they’ve been since Ferguson has left. They had years to prepare and didn’t do it. 

My business has one for me. :dunno:

I get it needs to be done and there needs to be forward planning but that should be done behind the scenes and not leaked. I can see it could rub someone up the wrong way if they new their employer wad actively looking at options for their job no matter the context.

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I get it needs to be done and there needs to be forward planning but that should be done behind the scenes and not leaked. I can see it could rub someone up the wrong way if they new their employer wad actively looking at options for their job no matter the context.

Oh yes, without a shadow of a doubt. 

Reading the article again, I wondered if it was more about Leeds and this was taken out of context by the article writer. 

• Like 1

We should focus on keeping Rodgers? He should be happy to be here, with the new

training ground, stability, young team etc. If he feels supported long term, there are not many managerial jobs out there as good as the Leicester one. Why go to Tottenham or even Arsenal or Man Utd only to be sacked a year later the moment you have a 5 game no win streak, which inevitably he will have, just like the extremely poor run he had with us second half of last season (though he is still in the job now)? Lampard had a mini slump in form and he was replaced.

It can be win win for Rodgers and the club if he keep him and support him. He is not perfect and has blind spots, though I sense he is learning and can grow with the club.

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

How about taking a gamble on someone like Thomas Frank at brentford, constantly losing his top players but some how managing to replace them and still very much challenging.

...must have a great scouting network, reminds me of Wenger when he first came to Arsenal!!!

They were tapping into areas other teams were not looking into or were afraid to bring in. It can't be easy watching your prize assetts being picked off and there is nothing you can do. The untold riches that lies before his defecting players he just can not compete with.

Saying that, the keep failing to get over the line.

22 hours ago, shailen said:

Rodgers has done a top job here, but we've got a capable squad and we're probably in the top 4/5 squads in the league, so personally don't feel like we're overachieving massively. Rodgers usually does very well with young players and we have loads of good young players so feel like we're a perfect blend. If he was to take up jobs at Spurs, United, etc, he'd have a massive rebuilding job to do, so can't see him wanting to do that. I can't see him leaving us for any other PL team atm. 

Money and prestige talks this is naive thinking

21 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rafa for me, I believe he was on the shortlist for the job last time. Available this time. 

21 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

How about taking a gamble on someone like Thomas Frank at brentford, constantly losing his top players but some how managing to replace them and still very much challenging.

Terrible shout (plays a completely different style of play to what we have currently, also overrated as fook) followed by an inspired shout (for all the reasons you listed, plus develops young players and also plays possession based football)

16 hours ago, filthyfox said:

SPURS.... HISTORIC?  EH?!

They were the first team in modern football history to win the League and Cup double.

If that's not historic, I don't know what is.