Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

In Case Rodgers Leaves

Rodgers has done a top job here, but we've got a capable squad and we're probably in the top 4/5 squads in the league, so personally don't feel like we're overachieving massively. Rodgers usually does very well with young players and we have loads of good young players so feel like we're a perfect blend. If he was to take up jobs at Spurs, United, etc, he'd have a massive rebuilding job to do, so can't see him wanting to do that. I can't see him leaving us for any other PL team atm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like smoke created by an agent. I think we need to treat everything that involves Sporting with a high degree of suspicion.

Has anything involving them and us ever worked out in our favour?

Always looking towards the doom n gloom and easily manipulated by the bs of the media.

Put this depressong perspective into the eyes of the LCFC directors, do you really think they are scouting a replacement?! after having two great years under BR and i still dont see why he would jump ship, all because the Celtic story was blown out of context he has this mark on him as a selfish minded individual so the media capitalise on this for a story when they ' feel' a big6 club 'could' sack a manager. Same shit happened with Arsenal.

Fickle minded fanbase of LCFC at its finest. Until some official news comes out, stop feeding the sharks and spreading it about.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Always looking towards the doom n gloom and easily manipulated by the bs of the media.

Put this depressong perspective into the eyes of the LCFC directors, do you really think they are scouting a replacement?! after having two great years under BR and i still dont see why he would jump ship, all because the Celtic story was blown out of context he has this mark on him as a selfish minded individual so the media capitalise on this for a story when they ' feel' a big6 club 'could' sack a manager. Same shit happened with Arsenal.

Fickle minded fanbase of LCFC at its finest. Until some official news comes out, stop feeding the sharks and spreading it about.

Theyll always be interest in him. Hes a very good manager, not doom and gloom at all. If a bigger job comes up he'll go, he's ambitious, zero issues with that from me. From his perspective imagine what he could do with a decent transfer budget and not selling a player every year - he won't get that here.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 2

Would be staggered if we weren’t tbh. Not saying I buy into this, but we are usually fairly good on succession planning for players, so see no reason why managers would be any different.  :scarf:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Simoken said:

We should always have a replacement in mind no matter what the situation. 

You never know whats round the corner!

I think its perfectly sensible for us to be scouting managers and players alike to prepare for any possible outcome, whether it be a long term injury or a player/manager being poached.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

One of my closest mates is a Spuds ST holder. He says they aren't interested in Rodgers. They want Julian Nagelsmann to eventually replace Jose. 

Yes, he seems an atrocious fit for Spurs too me, and listening to one of the football podcasts a while ago, they reckon Rodgers wants to be the big fish and be loved. Something he is not going to get at a more historic club.

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

I do agree! We seem to have this "underdog" position and feeling that everytime one of the "big" clubs lose players og manager they will immediately come for ours. We are (seemingly) establishing ourselves in the top 5-6. Have a young and ambitious squad, a state of the art training centre and a very bright future and the best owners in the game. Why would BR want to go to Spurs or Arsenal for that sake? Bigger stadium? Higher ambitions? Better owners? Less toxic? Better pay?