Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

In Case Rodgers Leaves

Not blaming the OP for posting it but this is just another article which is absolutely awful from the  Mercury. I mean what is the point they are trying to make “if Rodgers leaves” it’s a load of bull. Course he’ll leave at some stage but can’t really see it happening in the immediate future and when it does happen then discuss other managers.

All there articles on Us really are embarrassing these days. I really don’t give them the time of day anymore. 

• Like 4

I suppose no harm in just tracking good managers but it has no meaning in the here and now. I don't understand why somebody would write an article about it tbh. I have my eye on my misses BFF's ass but I'm not going to be jumping it any time soon and by the time I'm freely able to (ie my misses has died) it'll probably be old, sagging and past it. 

Plus where's Rodgers going? I don't see him going anywhere in the PL tbh. He's not going back to Liverpool. He's not going to ManC. Chelsea have got their new hope and any sensible manager wanting a long term project wouldn't touch them with a ten foot barge poll. Arsenal? I guess but at this point giving they don't invest the financial money it's not much of a come on, and as a team it's a step down. Spurs is the same. It's a lateral move if anything else and I can't imagine anybody wanting Levy over our owners (same goes for ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal). So that really only leaves ManU. As long as OGS does what he's doing he's not going anywhere. As somebody else said I can only imagine him going to a foreign club. 

Its good forward planning from the club if true. 

My biggest fear if Rodgers leaves is the relationship he has built up with the squad. It seems from interviews that guys such as Youri, Harvey and Maddison all appreciate the positive impact his coaching has had on their careers. 

Rodgers is a great coach and good young players appreciate that. Any replacement has to ensure that aspect of the management legacy is not lost. 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, he seems an atrocious fit for Spurs too me, and listening to one of the football podcasts a while ago, they reckon Rodgers wants to be the big fish and be loved. Something he is not going to get at a more historic club.

Wasn't he loved at Liverpool? 🤔🧐

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Would look elsewhere if he left. 
Lucien Farve 

Leonardo Jardim 

Erik ten Haag 

Christophe Galtier  

That would be an awful appointment. If so many people hated Puel, then they wouldn't want Favre. Dortmund couldn't wait to get rid, such a negative manager.

Can’t see him going for a long time. 

he’s very well paid, amazing owners, great youth set up, great business model and I imagine he feels in control here. I get the feeling at the majority of other clubs the manager/coach doesn’t have much say on what goes on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

How about taking a gamble on someone like Thomas Frank at brentford, constantly losing his top players but some how managing to replace them and still very much challenging.

Have you noticed that every manager at Brentford looks impressive. It's down to the way they're run as a whole.

I genuinely think he will be here another 2 years. 

The new state of the art training ground must be such a positive for him as a coach and I still think there are doubts about him from his mixed time at Liverpool and although he is getting a lot of praise from the outside, I still don't think a traditional top 6 club will come knocking for a year or two

Investment will be key though, as always. Top can hopefully give him a fair sum in the summer to thicken out the squad with quality and we go again! 

Less injuries and more quality players added, could genuinely have us competing on three fronts next season 

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rafa for me, I believe he was on the shortlist for the job last time. Available this time. 

We should be aiming higher than that tbh. If we want him we might as well get Steve Bruce. You get the same results and playing style at a tenth of the cost.

If the worst was to happen and we did lose Rodgers (it could be catastrophic) we would need someone who plays a similar style and is actually a realistic target, to continue what Rodgers has built rather than try and change everything. I have no idea who that person would be to be honest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Give it until the end of March when we are out of all the cups and down to 6th, im sure the rumours will fizzle out like last season.

The rumours will change from "if Rodgers leaves" to "get rid of Rodgers and get the guy from Sporting". From a few idiots anyway 

52 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We should be aiming higher than that tbh. If we want him we might as well get Steve Bruce. You get the same results and playing style at a tenth of the cost.

Seriously?

Rafa Benitez as a manager has won La Liga, EFL & promotion, FA Cup, Coppa Itallia, Europa league (twice), and the Champions League.

Steve Bruce won a couple of promotions.

I'd argue most Newcastle fans would have moved heaven and earth to have him stay on, and as a manager he deserved better than Ashley would give him in resources. His teams may not be the most attractive to watch, but he deserves a lot more credit than he gets for his achievements, and what he gets out of teams.

Whilst I'm not suggesting that Rafa would be a glamour appointment (neither was Ranieri) should Rodgers leave at any point, I'd certainly not turn my nose up at having him in charge of our club, should we find ourselves managerless, and comparing him equally to Steve Bruce, is comical.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, he seems an atrocious fit for Spurs too me, and listening to one of the football podcasts a while ago, they reckon Rodgers wants to be the big fish and be loved. Something he is not going to get at a more historic club.

SPURS.... HISTORIC?  EH?!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Gliballs said:

Seriously?

Rafa Benitez as a manager has won La Liga, EFL & promotion, FA Cup, Coppa Itallia, Europa league (twice), and the Champions League.

Steve Bruce won a couple of promotions.

I'd argue most Newcastle fans would have moved heaven and earth to have him stay on, and as a manager he deserved better than Ashley would give him in resources. His teams may not be the most attractive to watch, but he deserves a lot more credit than he gets for his achievements, and what he gets out of teams.

Whilst I'm not suggesting that Rafa would be a glamour appointment (neither was Ranieri) should Rodgers leave at any point, I'd certainly not turn my nose up at having him in charge of our club, should we find ourselves managerless, and comparing him equally to Steve Bruce, is comical.

Rafa hasn’t achieved anything of note for nearly a decade and hasn’t been at his peak for even longer. Football moves on and he’s not a top manager anymore. While Rafa has been off in China managing at an awful level Bruce has been managing in the best league in the world as successfully as Rafa did at the end. No way would I have either as manager by the way but if it was a choice between the two I see very little difference apart from the fact Rafa would be greedy and want another huge pay day.

Good planning ahead that if so, always think you've got to be looking up your replacements in advance just incase. I feel we did that well with initially getting Rodgers - Puel was out and Rodgers in within a couple of days.

• Like 1