Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Run In

Liverpool won't have anymore players back from injury until may now, although Jota and Fabinho's recent return will be a boost once they get fully fit. Hopefully Klopp will place top priority on champs league fixtures and then get knocked out in the semi finals. 

Think 65 to 68 points could be enough. 

Here's how many points the teams below us would need to take (out of available points) to finish on 68.

image.png.068c38d2fa5fd3df101bbb379d1b822f.png

Can't really see anyone but maybe Chelsea doing that. Although in terms of points per game and the schedule, I think it's actually Everton and West Ham that are the real threat to our top 4 place. 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Here's how many points the teams below us would need to take (out of available points) to finish on 68.

Can't really see anyone but maybe Chelsea doing that. Although in terms of points per game and the schedule, I think it's actually Everton and West Ham that are the real threat to our top 4 place. 

I thought 68 would be enough but I think we could be in a position that we haven't wrapped it up with 3 games to go and that there could be the potential that were we to lose all 3 that someone overtakes us at the end. 

6 wins from 10 will do it for us, that makes it so difficult for 2 of Chelsea, West Ham, Everton and Spurs to catch us really. Although that means we need to win 6 out of the next 7 if we want to be home and hosed with that horror last 3 games. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought 68 would be enough but I think we could be in a position that we haven't wrapped it up with 3 games to go and that there could be the potential that were we to lose all 3 that someone overtakes us at the end. 

6 wins from 10 will do it for us, that makes it so difficult for 2 of Chelsea, West Ham, Everton and Spurs to catch us really. Although that means we need to win 6 out of the next 7 if we want to be home and hosed with that horror last 3 games. 

To be fair with our full side out we have done extremely well against to the traditional big six.

We have beat Man C, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and draw with United.

Having only lost to Arsenal and Liverpool.

If we can get everyone fit, bar JJ we will win at least one of those games.

Hopefully we have got through our tough time with injuries and fixtures congestion.

I think people are all forgetting that Chelsea, United and Spurs have European football still.

Also a couple of ropey games people seem to be forgetting that in the last 15 PL games we have Won 8, Draw 5 and lost 2 = 29 points at 1.93 point per game.

Pretty confident we will take between 15-20 points in the last 10.

• Like 1

We've got to win the winnable games and the West Ham game is going to be a big challenge for us, but they could be out of the running by the time we play them. Lets hope so. 

If we avoid the banana skins we can get draws even against the final three. So I think we'll just get there this year.

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Everton and West Ham have games in hand and an easy schedule.  Spurs is easy too.  None of them can be counted out.

13 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Everton and West Ham have games in hand and an easy schedule.  Spurs is easy too.  None of them can be counted out.

Well sure, that's accounted for in the points available stat. 

Everton and West Ham are the main threat in my eyes, because they only have to maintain their current form to finish on 65-68 points. 

Spurs and the rest all have to have a pretty big uptick in form to get that many points. Everton are on 1.8 points per game, and need 1.8 per game to get 68. Likewise West Ham are on 1.7 points per game and need 1.9 per game to get 68 points. 

Spurs are on 1.7 points per game, but need 2.1 points per game to finish on 68 points

• Like 1

Spurs have more talent them West Ham and Everton, though.  What worries me is their run-in is pretty easy (all three) and ours is damn tough.  You can't afford to even consider dropping points against Sheffield - I loathe the overused "must-win" cliche but boy, that game is a must-win.

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Spurs have more talent them West Ham and Everton, though.  What worries me is their run-in is pretty easy (all three) and ours is damn tough.  You can't afford to even consider dropping points against Sheffield - I loathe the overused "must-win" cliche but boy, that game is a must-win.

*But not must win though...

49 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

And @Ric Flair

More context/data

image.png.e3e8c67d19f7d137570821e35ac04ce2.png

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

When you say run in do you mean the last 3 games? Our next 7 games are so lovely on paper bar 2 of them that it's really in our hands to win 5 or 6 of them and be pretty much home and hosed unless 2 of Everton, Chelsea, West Ham and Spurs win all of their next 8 games. 

• Like 1

Look at the strength of schedule for the remaining fixtures and ours is one of the toughest in the prem.  Totts, WH and Everton have it pretty easy.  I think Chelsea will almost surely pip us - likely the last spot is coming down to us holding off those three teams.

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Look at the strength of schedule for the remaining fixtures and ours is one of the toughest in the prem.  Totts, WH and Everton have it pretty easy.  I think Chelsea will almost surely pip us - likely the last spot is coming down to us holding off those three teams.

As I've said, up to those last 3 games we have the slightly easier next 7 games compared to Everton, West Ham, Chelsea and Spurs. Its those final 3 games where on paper you wince as its panic stations to rely on needing a result or two and that's even knowing how unreal we've been this season against the traditional big six.  

My prediction is we will be 6 points clear of 5th with 3 games to go. 

31 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

No PL game is easy for example, since the turn of the year.

Everton got beat 2-0 by Fulham and Newcastle since the turn of the year.

Spurs got beat by Brighton and draw with Fulham.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

No PL game is easy for example, since the turn of the year.

Everton got beat 2-0 by Fulham and Newcastle since the turn of the year.

Spurs got beat by Brighton and draw with Fulham.

I'll take my chances with Fulham over Tottenham and Newcastle over Man City, thanks very much.  Sure, upsets happen and the pressure enters into it, but your odds still go up or down depending on the strength of the opposition.

12 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I'll take my chances with Fulham over Tottenham and Newcastle over Man City, thanks very much.  Sure, upsets happen and the pressure enters into it, but your odds still go up or down depending on the strength of the opposition.

Everyone has to play every team twice no matter what.