Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Run In

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

"We haven't picked up enough points - and the points we HAVE picked up, make that even worse!" 

No pleasing some people...lol

The ideal compromise is that we just win every game. Hopefully this is something Rodgers and his team can look into for next season

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Which makes it even worse that we dropped the points that we did, as we would have been in an even better position and would have been able to soak up the injuries much easier. 

I never like this argument. It works both ways, we have picked up points against top teams. If we never "dropped" points, we would be top of the league. All teams drop points against teams below them. They also pick up points against teams above them. There is no exact science, anything can happen on the day when it's 11 v 11 and so many factors are involved. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Only positive about having our toughest games at the end of season, is we may actually have a near fit squad by then! lol

It also puts matters more in our hands if things don't go so well beforehand. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Don't care. Just want our name on the FA Cup and I can die happy. 

I would like that very much too, but Man City are a huge obstacle. However its not impossible. Although they beat Wolves 4-1 they had to bring on subs ( they can always bring on very effective ones) and work very hard to do so imo. This is football and results can never be predicted, desire to win, good tactics and luck will always be factors. The surprise for me was i was getting bored with Man C's superiority (Rumblefox went to sleep !) and then for 15-20 minutes Wolves ,who presumably had never practiced it almost equalled Man C playing much the same style. Rumblefox missed a treat ! Eventually Man Cs stronger subs. practice and more expensive players told and they scored again , heads dropped and Wolves conceded another 2.

Also while my heart would love a cup final and win ; my head says a top 4 finish should  leave us with a better chance in 2021/2 season both of winning the FA cup and continuing CL football. This is a big ask but imo possible and I'd be sleeping easier if we manage the rest of the month with maximum points. That will keep things in our hands. 

Iheanacho I always feel could give more effort, he's much improved and his Burnley goal was brilliant . No player can be guaranteed to score goals as diifficult as that 10 times out of 10. That's the luck factor. BR will have done brilliantly if his selections and tactics pull off the FA cup and top 4 and imo will need some luck on top of that. Unfortunately one can't earn luck but that does n't stop me feeling he has earned some. I think had Barnes self inflicted injury (a result of his will to win ,so no blame involved) and Justin's injury, not happened: this very big ask would have been say 60% smaller.   

Edited by Alan Frost

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

It also puts matters more in our hands if things don't go so well beforehand. 

Very true. I am still a little scarred from last season's genuine "must win" game against Man U though. We seemed to just roll over that day. Hopefully lessons learnt though and we see a much improved Leicester if it comes down to the last few games. Confidence will be key as always.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I never like this argument. It works both ways, we have picked up points against top teams. If we never "dropped" points, we would be top of the league. All teams drop points against teams below them. They also pick up points against teams above them. There is no exact science, anything can happen on the day when it's 11 v 11 and so many factors are involved. 

It's called the 'poor-me prerogative'

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Which makes football so great.

One game we lose to Fulham and in the same season we beat Manchester City.

It happens to every side in the division.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

66 points, joint 4th with Chelsea after a Liverpool resurgence. 

Not what I'd have predicted at all, but that's my maths (which was painfully accurate last season).

Let's hope our goal difference is good!

Edited by sdb

Liverpool-75

Man u -72

LCFC-72

Spurs-70

West Ham-70

Chelsea-69

Everton-65

Given the remaining fixtures this is what the expected points tally would look like. However we all know this season that results do not always go as they would be expected. It's going to be incredibly tight and I can see 2nd-8th only being separated by a few points and goal difference could play a huge part. We have to beat Brighton and Sheffield United if we are going to make top 4, as the chasing pack won't drop too many more points given their fixtures and its unlikely we can expect much against Man City given the form they are in. 

Edited by jayfox26

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just a different mentality I guess, each to their own. 

Yes, one mentality that says points are points and that points gained against top 6 rivals are more valuable than those gained from bottom half teams. 

And another that says one set of points is arbitrarily different to another, and that points gained in X, Y and Z matches are a stick to beat the team with for points lost in other games. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

I would favour us in the bigger games we seem to rise to that challenge it’s against the bottom half teams we struggle sometimes 

I'm not sure we rise to the challenge of pressure games to be honest and that will be our issue if we don't beat the easier teams.

We'll know soon enough.

49 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

What we really need is a resident Foxes Talk mathematician to help us through all of the mathematical permutations

rachel1.thumb.jpg.980efce4f158fff0d4f1f19415ec8aa6.jpg

5+2+1=8  8 x 100 = 800  10 - 4 = 6           800 - 6 = 794

Edited by Pablito

Someone very accurately observed that the Top 4 number is going to be low but the Top 7 points tally is going to be high. 

Top 4 on a PPG is sitting as low as 66 - when the average is normally up towards 69-71. Top 7 thought is 63 which averages 55 normally! 

Probably a little early to reveal the tracker / projector at the moment. 

It's doable - but christ the injuries don't half throw a spanner in the works. 

We need Nacho firing and starting more games. Mad to think it but he's going to be our main goal scorer - based on current form. 

Do we know when Barnes and Maddison are back?