Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Run In

If you consider games vs Arsenal and Wolves to be particularly tough too then Everton and Spurs have a lot to do, probably too much, leaving 5 fighting for 3 places. West Ham have 4 top 8 plus the two I mentioned but end on a nice run of three easier games and look at Liverpools last 4!

I think best hope is that it's us, Utd and Liverpool and that Liverpool, Everton and West Ham beat Chelsea but falter elsewhere. We certainly need a cushion before those last three games, that 2nd last game with Chelsea could be their make or break fixture of the season. Man Utd's run in is actually very tough with 6 of the top 8 (incl WHU), could Olly's wheels wobble off?

As ever it's what you do yourself, I'd say avoid consecutive defeats and crisis of confidence and we can do it but it'll be very tight, 1 or 2 points above Chelsea for 4th is my forecast.

We need 5 wins out of, 

Brighton, Sheffield United, West Ham, West Brom, Palace, Southampton ans Newcastle. 

Then 3 points if not more from the final three of Chelsea, Man U and Tottenham. 

Given the form Man City are in, I've got that as a loss. 

The above should*** see us safe for Top 4.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, davieG said:

LCFC Play - Brighton, Sheff U, Man C, WHU, WBA, Palace, Southampton, Newcastle, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs. - 50

Have changed the scheme to put home games in bold, as our home form has been a huge factor this season. Predicting what we’ll get from those games is nigh on impossible though!

We have to be looking at maximum points from the non-bolded clubs. With the final 3, like last season, it's imperative we try and get over the line in top 4 positions before playing those. It'll be a tough ask but part of me thinks with the way other teams drop points, maybe this season it could actually happen?? 

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Everton Play - Southampton, WBA, Chelsea, Burnley, Man C, Palace, Brighton, Spurs, Arsenal, Villa, WHU, Sheff U, Wolves, Man C. - 43

Is one of them Everton Man City games in the FA Cup?  

• Thanks 1

From West Ham to Newcastle we have a fantastic chance to solidify our place..... And if we are back to full strength I fancy us to take points off at least one of the last three games, even grind out draws in all of them. The key for us is to now lose to anymore poor teams. No more gifts. We simply have to beat Brighton, Sheffield united, West Brom and Newcastle. 

• Like 1

Such as shame we let ourselves down earlier in the season dropping points against the weaker sides. The people that pointed it out at the time were shouted down as "moaners" etc as usual, and now we're likely going to need to pick up points against three strong sides at the back end of the season, putting pressure on that we usually fold under. 

It was supposed to be soo eaaassssyyyy.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

We need wins in games like last night.

We can't afford to drop points in the next two or we're putting too much pressure on games against tougher teams.

I would favour us in the bigger games we seem to rise to that challenge it’s against the bottom half teams we struggle sometimes 

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Such as shame we let ourselves down earlier in the season dropping points against the weaker sides. The people that pointed it out at the time were shouted down as "moaners" etc as usual, and now we're likely going to need to pick up points against three strong sides at the back end of the season, putting pressure on that we usually fold under. 

It was supposed to be soo eaaassssyyyy.

The flipside is that we've already beaten Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Liverpool. Would anyone have predicted 15 points out of those games? 

Sure, we've dropped points we expected to gain but we've also gained points we expected to drop - and against top 6 rivals, no less.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

The flipside is that we've already beaten Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Liverpool. Would anyone have predicted 15 points out of those games? 

Sure, we've dropped points we expected to gain but we've also gained points we expected to drop - and against top 6 rivals, no less.

Which makes it even worse that we dropped the points that we did, as we would have been in an even better position and would have been able to soak up the injuries much easier. 

• Haha 1