Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Run In

How I see it is 68 points will do it and 70 points Will almost certainly do it.

6 wins 2 draws 3 losses will be enough.

Tomorrow and next week are huge games, literally vital to our season. Then we have only Man Utd in the FA Cup, 2 week break then Man City(a game that it doesn’t matter really if we lose, free hit).

So from now till the West Ham away game, we have 5 full weeks to get our squad fit and only 4 games(only 2 crucial league games).

Barring more injuries, by then we will have Madders back. 3 top options at CB. Vardy having had a huge rest and potentially Barnes close to fitness. We will have a good chance at the last 8 games with that squad, so I still feel we have a strong chance of top 4!

As said FA Cup match(Utd look nakard and would of been on the back of a tough AC Milan game) and we’d have had a week off. Then 2 week break and then a free hit vs city with not much to lose and then another week. We actually have a very good situation to recover and get injuries back after the next period.

To cut a long story short, the next 2 games are monsters, but IF we come out of them , then we’re in for a huge chance.

Tomorrow and Sheffield Utd, for me if we get 6 points out of these then we have a fantastic chance imo. Tomorrow is the biggest game we’ve had since 15/16.
If we win, then the confidence comes back, we probably then beat Shef U and then get a good rest to kick on.

If we don’t, the pressure will be huge vs Shef U and failing to win both, with tougher fixtures to come will mean it’ll be very hard to get top 4.

These next 2 games are literally the be all and end all of our season. MUST win tomorrow for me.

• Thanks 1

On 04/03/2021 at 14:34, jayfox26 said:

Liverpool-75

Man u -72

LCFC-72

Spurs-70

West Ham-70

Chelsea-69

Everton-65

Given the remaining fixtures this is what the expected points tally would look like. However we all know this season that results do not always go as they would be expected. It's going to be incredibly tight and I can see 2nd-8th only being separated by a few points and goal difference could play a huge part. We have to beat Brighton and Sheffield United if we are going to make top 4, as the chasing pack won't drop too many more points given their fixtures and its unlikely we can expect much against Man City given the form they are in. 

Liverpool are getting nowhere near 75 points.  After losing to Chelsea, they've picked up 3 wins in their last 13 prem games.  I know they have the easiest run in on paper, but to get more than 70 points would require them to win 10 of their final 11 games.  I've heard a rumour that they have some injuries as well, but they've kept it fairly quiet and not many people know this.  #ITK

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, nnfox said:

Liverpool are getting nowhere near 75 points.  After losing to Chelsea, they've picked up 3 wins in their last 13 prem games.  I know they have the easiest run in on paper, but to get more than 70 points would require them to win 10 of their final 11 games.  I've heard a rumour that they have some injuries as well, but they've kept it fairly quiet and not many people know this.  #ITK

Yes after losing again I can't see that either. I had a feeling they would pick back form up by they look shot. It almost feels like Klopp isn't too bothered about them losing as he can just keep blaming injuries 

6 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

How I see it is 68 points will do it and 70 points Will almost certainly do it.

6 wins 2 draws 3 losses will be enough.

Tomorrow and next week are huge games, literally vital to our season. Then we have only Man Utd in the FA Cup, 2 week break then Man City(a game that it doesn’t matter really if we lose, free hit).

So from now till the West Ham away game, we have 5 full weeks to get our squad fit and only 4 games(only 2 crucial league games).

Barring more injuries, by then we will have Madders back. 3 top options at CB. Vardy having had a huge rest and potentially Barnes close to fitness. We will have a good chance at the last 8 games with that squad, so I still feel we have a strong chance of top 4!

As said FA Cup match(Utd look nakard and would of been on the back of a tough AC Milan game) and we’d have had a week off. Then 2 week break and then a free hit vs city with not much to lose and then another week. We actually have a very good situation to recover and get injuries back after the next period.

To cut a long story short, the next 2 games are monsters, but IF we come out of them , then we’re in for a huge chance.

Tomorrow and Sheffield Utd, for me if we get 6 points out of these then we have a fantastic chance imo. Tomorrow is the biggest game we’ve had since 15/16.
If we win, then the confidence comes back, we probably then beat Shef U and then get a good rest to kick on.

If we don’t, the pressure will be huge vs Shef U and failing to win both, with tougher fixtures to come will mean it’ll be very hard to get top 4.

These next 2 games are literally the be all and end all of our season. MUST win tomorrow for me.

You are ignoring that the two week international break will involve some of the players having three games !  

players like wilf and youri who really needs a break won’t get one. Timmy could do without it aswell given that I expect him to play every game for us. Evans is carrying a knock but will no doubt play all three fixtures.  Little wes only just back but will want to play all the U21 french games. Kasper isn’t getting any breaks.  Cags is a worry too.  The only player who I’m happy do see go on the break is cengiz who may get into some rhythm over the ten days. 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Need to win the following games

Home

Sheff utd

West Brom 

Palace 

Newcastle

Spurs (hopefully we don't need to by then) 

Away

Southampton 

Agreed. 6 wins should do it. 5 might. Any less than that and top 4 is someone else's.

On 04/03/2021 at 11:00, Nalis said:

Man U's 3rd last game of the season, West Ham's 5th game, Chelsea's penultimate game and Spurs' last games all look tough.

Are any of these above us in the League? The table does not lie. :nigel:

There's a couple of things in our favor.

Players coming back from injury gives Brendan more options.

We're going into the good Weather which will make for less mistakes with Passing and a feel good factor for the Players. 

Some of the opposition who are not playing for anything might be on their Holidays early.

Our early wins against the big Clubs will stand to us on the run in. Unlike last season.

The only run of fixtures that look tough are the last 3 games.

We should beat Sheffield United and then suddenly we have our confidence back. Any result against Man City is a plus.

Then we have 5 to 6 games to really build some momentum going into those last 3 games.

Spurs and Man Utd are underpowered this season so I see a top 4 finish as very plausible. Holding on to 2nd would be incredibly impressive.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

There's a couple of things in our favor.

Players coming back from injury gives Brendan more options.

We're going into the good Weather which will make for less mistakes with Passing and a feel good factor for the Players. 

Some of the opposition who are not playing for anything might be on their Holidays early.

Our early wins against the big Clubs will stand to us on the run in. Unlike last season.

Eh? lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

It really isn’t 

7th best 

3  sides   Villa Leeds  Arsenal will almost  certainly have a better  record and possiblly Everton  which would  make  us 11th at end of season I  agree points the name of the game  butwe have lost the same as 2 sides battling relegation  in Newcastle and Brighton and more than Burnley .