Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Happy 30th N'Golo

7 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Kante of 15-16 was better than Ndidi is now, however I think Ndidi is now better than Kante. This is partly down to him not being utilised properly during his time at Chelsea but I personally don't think Kante has been anywhere near as good for Chelsea as he was for us. 

His first season at Chelsea he was basically the same as he was for us. Since then, various Chelsea Managers have tried to make him into more of a box to box midfielder, which isn’t his strength. 

Incidentally, the game against Atletico Madrid recently, he was phenomenal. 

Agree though that the N’didi of now is a better holding midfielder. 

I remember a home game around October 2015 (against Palace I think) was my first of the season live and seeing that as good as Mahrez and Vardy were, Kante was running the show in midfield. By that stage the media hadnt picked up on it yet but the regular match attending fans had. I remember thinking either dont get injured and stay under the radar until at least after the January transfer window.

Shame we only had him for one season but still a legend to us.

As others have said, he could have played for a Real, Bayern or Barca and a sgame he didnt as he was that good in that position.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, murphy said:

Actually I'm not at all small penis... I mean, I'm not at all insecure.

NG has been gone 4 years now and presumably had 3 other birthdays during that time.  Just let him go. He's moved on, so have we.  I think it's you lot that have got the hang ups.

First part made me laugh.

I don’t think your second point bears any weight towards your argument... because that would essentially mean any past players is worthy of “letting go”. Nothing wrong with reflecting on his time with us, considering what a monster he was here.

16 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Kante of 15-16 was better than Ndidi is now, however I think Ndidi is now better than Kante. This is partly down to him not being utilised properly during his time at Chelsea but I personally don't think Kante has been anywhere near as good for Chelsea as he was for us. 

8 hours ago, Sly said:

His first season at Chelsea he was basically the same as he was for us. Since then, various Chelsea Managers have tried to make him into more of a box to box midfielder, which isn’t his strength. 

Incidentally, the game against Atletico Madrid recently, he was phenomenal. 

Agree though that the N’didi of now is a better holding midfielder. 

I believe Ndidi is Now a better Player for us, Simply because he s been with us & carried the Shirt  longer enabling us to create a team & back 6 with better understanding...and consistent fluidity...Fofana/Evans/Soyu with our FBs playing also a Major part,which helps then Ndidi to Interlink so well withTielemans,

or sometimes direct to the frontline...

Technically. IMO. Kante wins more 2nd balls , therefore defends those loose balls goal-side better which then gets Chelsea quicker on the front-foot,

from a breakdown or defensive positions..

Edited by fuchsntf

20 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Waiting for the standard.... “hE dOeSnT pLaY fOr uS anYmOrE wHo CaReS” response from people so painfully insecure they feel like even the slightest admiration for a non Leicester player means you’re a plastic. X 

This post seems a little insecure as well :D

I absolutely adore the little man! Best player I will probably ever see play for the club and it's an absolute travesty that he's not playing for one of the European giants. Aside from being a bit crap at shooting, he was an absolute all rounder. Not only could he win the ball back time and time again, he would be starting counter attacks and be in and around the opposition box when the ball got up there.

I'm just amazed that he was relatively unknown by the footballing world until we signed him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AndyElZorro said:

The lads called him The Rash in training. Fully deserved. I don't know how he closed down everyone, but somehow he did it. What a player!

I often use NG as an example of the type of language we use to describe Black footballers vs white footballers. NGs skills were and are always reduced to the fact ‘he’s got a great engine’ or other physical attributes but he also has an excellent footballing brain and his anticipation allows him to be at the breakdown over and over again. See also commentators describe Declan Rice vs Wilf

9 hours ago, M0901 said:

First part made me laugh.

I don’t think your second point bears any weight towards your argument... because that would essentially mean any past players is worthy of “letting go”. Nothing wrong with reflecting on his time with us, considering what a monster he was here.

I know I'm coming across as an old curmudgeon but I think that I will appreciate NG more after he retires and not while he's playing for a direct rival.  

I wish the guy well and I never begrudged him his move, especially as we got Wilf for half the price.  Everything worked out swimmingly.  What irks me a little is that so many of us seem to be still clutching at his ankles like a desperate housewife clinging to her departing husband.  How many Kante threads has there been since he left?  And now a thread to wish him a happy birthday lol  Get over it boys and girls.

Kante get you out of my head, as Kylie nearly sang.

• Thanks 1

On 29/03/2021 at 18:25, RumbleFox said:

Waiting for the standard.... “hE dOeSnT pLaY fOr uS anYmOrE wHo CaReS” response from people so painfully insecure they feel like even the slightest admiration for a non Leicester player means you’re a plastic. X 

Well now you come to mention it 😁

• Haha 1