Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

Next Season's Kit

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Why is it wrong?

Why is blue shorts wrong? Blue shorts is wrong because we should wear white shorts!

I suspect there will be an age thing here. I happen to be of an age where we had white shorts for the first 20 years or so that I was supporting them, so for me it’s just ingrained.

Someone who came along 20 years after me probably thinks we just alternate, pretty much...

2 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Why is blue shorts wrong? Blue shorts is wrong because we should wear white shorts!

I suspect there will be an age thing here. I happen to be of an age where we had white shorts for the first 20 years or so that I was supporting them, so for me it’s just ingrained.

Someone who came along 20 years after me probably thinks we just alternate, pretty much...

Exactly this. I was born in 1972 and throughout the 70s and 80s our colours were blue and white just as much as Arsenal’s were red and white. The change to all blue was a break with tradition that jarred for many of us. That said I like both. 

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
1 minute ago, SydenhamFox said:

Exactly this. I was born in 1972 and throughout the 70s and 80s our colours were blue and white just as much as Arsenal’s were red and white. The change to all blue was a break with tradition that jarred for many of us. That said I like both. 

To be honest I don’t dislike all blue (although I really wasn‘t keen in 1992 or whenever it was) - it’s just that for me white shorts will always be the real Leicester strip.

Just now, Bert Fill said:

To be honest I don’t dislike all blue (although I really wasn‘t keen in 1992 or whenever it was) - it’s just that for me white shorts will always be the real Leicester strip.

I feel the same and I’m sure many do. 

• Like 2

Guest Bert Fill
1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'd rather us be successful in all blue. If you see the historical kits page we also wore all blue for three years in the mid to late 60's.

We did indeed, although for a long time that was very much an anomaly.

tbh, if we’re successful we could be wearing all red as far as I’m concerned!

Guest Bert Fill
2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Nah come on now surely not.

Oh, I dunno, we’ve had worse kits...

image.jpeg

Edited by Bert Fill

20 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

lol

I think you're right. I think that's probably the reason. We've always alternated between blue and white shorts since I've been a fan.

I don't mind white shorts, but I think I prefer the look of the all-blue strip, and it certainly seems to bring us a lot more success. I think an all-blue kit sets us apart from Chelsea and Everton a bit more, as well.