Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jammie82uk

Official Resale platform now active

Just a bit of feedback on this - I listed my son’s tix for Man City.  We are in J2 - the ticket has been sold and on his account it says the remittance will be sent shortly.  So all seems to be working well and I’ll be sitting next to the lucky buyer tomorrow.  But also interesting the ticket sale and remittance is not down to a full sell-out as there were some tickets (very few) left before and after his was sold - of course they could be returns as well but it seems tickets maybe offered out even if not a sell-out.

39 minutes ago, Balj said:

Just a bit of feedback on this - I listed my son’s tix for Man City.  We are in J2 - the ticket has been sold and on his account it says the remittance will be sent shortly.  So all seems to be working well and I’ll be sitting next to the lucky buyer tomorrow.  But also interesting the ticket sale and remittance is not down to a full sell-out as there were some tickets (very few) left before and after his was sold - of course they could be returns as well but it seems tickets maybe offered out even if not a sell-out.

If I understand correctly, the resale platform activates at the point that the match ‘sells out’ to season tickets and members (plus general sale if that ever happens). Then once it’s on, it stays active. The Man City game sold out a few weeks ago, then resale tickets and extras from the club have been popping up daily ever since.

19 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

If I understand correctly, the resale platform activates at the point that the match ‘sells out’ to season tickets and members (plus general sale if that ever happens). Then once it’s on, it stays active. The Man City game sold out a few weeks ago, then resale tickets and extras from the club have been popping up daily ever since.

Ah - that makes sense.  Thanks for clarifying.

I looked at doing this. As a family of 4 our tickets are adult, under 22, under 22, adult in a row. This weekend our daughters are in Sheffield so obviously cant make it. But to relist their seats means the 2 in the middle will be resold meaning me and the wife will be seperated. Dont really want the hassle of relisting an adult and an under 22 as it would then mean uograding the other under 22 to an adult. Possibly something the club should look into to allow you to return any in your group.

53 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

I looked at doing this. As a family of 4 our tickets are adult, under 22, under 22, adult in a row. This weekend our daughters are in Sheffield so obviously cant make it. But to relist their seats means the 2 in the middle will be resold meaning me and the wife will be seperated. Dont really want the hassle of relisting an adult and an under 22 as it would then mean uograding the other under 22 to an adult. Possibly something the club should look into to allow you to return any in your group.

This is posted on the scheme so maybe drop them a email about it 

(Please note this is a TRIAL and we would appreciate supporters' feedback, send us your thoughts at [email protected])

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

I would hope that one of the fans in the relisted seats will swap so that you can sit next to the wife. 

I used this for the Man City game, went through ok, but instead of being refunded 1/19th of the cost of my season ticket, £445, I've received 1/19th of £375, as they've said the £70 carried over from last year does not count towards the cost of the ticket... Despite me paying a total of £445 for the ticket and the price on the site being listed as £445. Its only a few quid but enough to put me of using again if they can't resolve it.

On 15/09/2021 at 10:20, Varskey said:

I used this for the Man City game, went through ok, but instead of being refunded 1/19th of the cost of my season ticket, £445, I've received 1/19th of £375, as they've said the £70 carried over from last year does not count towards the cost of the ticket... Despite me paying a total of £445 for the ticket and the price on the site being listed as £445. Its only a few quid but enough to put me of using again if they can't resolve it.

Email them. I’m sure it’s probably just a glitch in the system because it’s a strange year with the carrying over balance. Reckon they’ll pay you the difference. Could be wrong!

On 18/09/2021 at 04:54, shanetko said:

Email them. I’m sure it’s probably just a glitch in the system because it’s a strange year with the carrying over balance. Reckon they’ll pay you the difference. Could be wrong!

yeah tried that! I contacted them and they said this was correct and I'm not entitled to anymore money, I've gone back to them to explain why they are wrong, but they haven't responded now in 4 days. I'll definitely sell it by other means in future

2 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Can’t make Burnley as away but it doesn’t give me the option to list it - presumably as it’s yet to sell out

Just checked on mine and only Man United is listed so Yeah it must be as there are around 500 tickets still available as it seems Burnley have returned some

• Thanks 1

On 19/09/2021 at 10:35, Varskey said:

yeah tried that! I contacted them and they said this was correct and I'm not entitled to anymore money, I've gone back to them to explain why they are wrong, but they haven't responded now in 4 days. I'll definitely sell it by other means in future

Let me know how you get on - same issue for the wolves game. Will try and resolve today in person.

15 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Update: Spoken to the club. Beware if you use this platform, you will receive 1/19th of the cost of your season ticket minus the £70 carryover. They claim this is not an error, and your ticket is in fact £70 cheaper than last year, and will go up in price next year. Ludicrous.

I had an update yesterday saying senior management were looking at it. 

It is completely ludicrous, as if we had paid in full last season and had it carried over, would they argue we should get 1/19th of nothing as we paid nothing for this season?

Wouldn't use this again, thought it was a nice hassle free way of doing things

Edited by Varskey
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/09/2021 at 09:35, Varskey said:

I had an update yesterday saying senior management were looking at it. 

It is completely ludicrous, as if we had paid in full last season and had it carried over, would they argue we should get 1/19th of nothing as we paid nothing for this season?

Wouldn't use this again, thought it was a nice hassle free way of doing things

Did you get any update on this? We have 4 season tickets in our family but it's a common occurrence that at least 1 is unused on a match day so it would make sense to use this scheme, however if you are essentially giving away a ticket for free for 2/3 matches (depending on where you sit) to cover the £70, it seems far less attractive a proposition.

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

How do you mean? I tried it for a game recently - no idea if it worked…

It never got rolled out to all users. I wanted to try it recently when I got Covid and it wasn’t available. I called the ticket line to ask if there was anything I could do, just to be told that all tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Nice service that. You can see why it’s spreading so much right now because I’m confident that there are some people out there that would still go to the matches to avoid wasting their money.

Hopefully it’s still in beta as opposed to being scrapped and will be rolled out next season.

Edited by phoneticerror

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

It never got rolled out to all users. I wanted to try it recently when I got Covid and it wasn’t available. I called the ticket line to ask if there was anything I could do, just to be told that all tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Nice service that. You can see why it’s spreading so much right now because I’m confident that there are some people out there that would still go to the matches to avoid wasting their money.

Hopefully it’s still in beta as opposed to being scrapped and will be rolled out next season.

Yet another example of the non-footballing operation being extremely amateur.

When I tried to sell one back recently I wondered how the club would try and sell it on because to my knowledge they’re not advertised as some tickets remaining - it still claimed to be sold out. And I didn’t hear anything to confirm a sale or notification that it hadn’t been sold. Very poor. 

• Like 1

Just had a look at this and it says resale platform active. Log in and click on personal details top right and it still comes up on my screen. The next ticket I could list for sale is Chelsea at home.

I missed the United game when I was on holiday put it up for sale and it went in 10 minutes. I have not checked if I have received anything for it. The club is selective as to which games you can list looks like it is the sell out ones.

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

I’m assuming you tried for Burnley. The game has to be a sell out before people can list seats, which I understand because they would rather sell unsold seats before re-selling which is similar to other clubs who run similar schemes.

There are two issues - one you aren’t notified if it sells and the other is they are not including the £70 retainer to your season ticket as part of the price so they are only giving you 1/19th of your season ticket price minus the £70 which is likely around £19 whilst selling your seat at the match day price of £50. No problem with them making a profit but they are refusing to give people 1/19th of their total ST cost this season.