Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jammie82uk

Official Resale platform now active

49 minutes ago, slymunn said:

How long does it take to get your money from a match you couldn't attend? 

I sold my ticket for the Villa match but not heard/had anything back yet. 

I sold my ticket for Chelsea which was played on 20th Nov

23rd Nov I got an email saying I would be getting a refund

25th Nov the money was in my account

9FA73880-51AC-48D1-8751-1E30F50B6E1C.jpeg

Did your ticket definitely sell after you listed it back up?

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I sold my ticket for Chelsea which was played on 20th Nov

23rd Nov I got an email saying I would be getting a refund

25th Nov the money was in my account

9FA73880-51AC-48D1-8751-1E30F50B6E1C.jpeg

Did your ticket definitely sell after you listed it back up?

It did sell. It showed on my account but this is the only information I had about it.

This was April 12th when I took the screenshot.

received_356691379737775.jpeg

On 26/04/2022 at 09:58, slymunn said:

How long does it take to get your money from a match you couldn't attend? 

I sold my ticket for the Villa match but not heard/had anything back yet. 

I've just had an email to say they'll be refunding me the money for the Villa ticket within 14 days.

4 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

Trying to sell my season ticket for Southampton but can't see how to do it anywhere. The games sold out so it should be a option right? 

It'll probably pop up once the Norwich game is over and done with. It's weird because I believe it only lets you sell your seat for the next match, not the ones after.

On 20/04/2022 at 11:21, martyn said:

Probably a silly question, but i assume there is no issue going to the game if you put your ticket up for sale and it doesn't sell? E.g. no problems scanning at the turnstiles etc.

this might be a bit late now, but I believe there is an option to unlist it. I am not sure what would happen in terms of scanning in if you weren't to do that... 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The ticket resale platform has worked well for us this season. However, I think they should allow more than 3 times per season for matches that have been moved to midweek for broadcasting. It's quite often impossible for those of us travelling and leaves empty seats when other fans are desparate to get in. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

They do similar at man united if I’m correct 

These are very different. I personally don't see a major issue with this - there's no limit at brentford for how many matches you miss - all they ask is that you list the seat. There would obviously be exceptions where people can't make a match last minute and re-listing isn't a priority but if you miss 4 games and can't be bothered to sell the ticket on either yourself or by the club then are you really that bothered?

Man Utd is much more sinister in that you are obligated to purchase all home cup tickets at the ridiculous prices they set otherwise they will ban you from premier league matches.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

These are very different. I personally don't see a major issue with this - there's no limit at brentford for how many matches you miss - all they ask is that you list the seat. There would obviously be exceptions where people can't make a match last minute and re-listing isn't a priority but if you miss 4 games and can't be bothered to sell the ticket on either yourself or by the club then are you really that bothered?

Man Utd is much more sinister in that you are obligated to purchase all home cup tickets at the ridiculous prices they set otherwise they will ban you from premier league matches.

Yeah I actually like this system that Brentford have implemented. Saves seats being empty when STH’s can’t be bothered to go to the lesser games 

• 5 weeks later...
On 02/03/2023 at 11:30, broughtonblue said:

Looking to put our 2 tickets for the villa fame up for resale as can't make it, but it's not even listed!! 

But if I try n sell them on privately I get told off by the ticket police 🤣

Usually opens only 7 days before the match. I had the same situation with the new date, listed them last week, though. My resale status is requested. No info on what that means - hoping it's that they are waiting for a payment to clear before the status is sold.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2023 at 17:34, FoyleFox said:

Usually opens only 7 days before the match. I had the same situation with the new date, listed them last week, though. My resale status is requested. No info on what that means - hoping it's that they are waiting for a payment to clear before the status is sold.

I didn't know this until reading the resale platform FAQs today. I can't work out the rationale behind this - surely it's in everyone's interests that if a ticket is put on the resale platform, it is made available for purchase as soon as possible, rather than 7 days before the game. For example, I put my ticket for the Wolves game on the resale platform a few weeks ago. It is in J2, a block which is currently sold out on the website, yet my (available) ticket will not be listed for sale until Saturday. Makes no sense to me, particularly when the club wants people to use their resale platform rather than giving the ticket to family/friends! 

1 hour ago, zdx said:

I didn't know this until reading the resale platform FAQs today. I can't work out the rationale behind this - surely it's in everyone's interests that if a ticket is put on the resale platform, it is made available for purchase as soon as possible, rather than 7 days before the game. For example, I put my ticket for the Wolves game on the resale platform a few weeks ago. It is in J2, a block which is currently sold out on the website, yet my (available) ticket will not be listed for sale until Saturday. Makes no sense to me, particularly when the club wants people to use their resale platform rather than giving the ticket to family/friends! 

They've already made money off the STH's seat whether you attend or not, whereas the unallocated seat is making them nothing if left unsold. The marginal gain to them of selling the STH's seat is only the match ticket price less the ST price per match compared to an unallocated seat which is making them a full ticket's revenue once sold. In an ideal world they'd want to sell all of the 'unallocated' seats first before moving on to reselling any STH seats, presumably hence why they limit the resale period to a week.

Not saying it's right but that's the obvious business rationale.

• Like 1