Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Akinbiyi

I always felt sorry for the bloke.

It wasn't his fault he cost 5 million. He admits it himself that he thought it was a tad much in this interview. He's a better player tahn Hammond and Hume in my opinion.

I'd actually take him back.

Akinbiyi

I felt sorry for him for the abuse he got in the league game last month.... then he scored against us and all sympathy evaporated. I dont think he deserves to be booed though, it wasnt his fault that we paid so much for him! I'd take him back now though. I think we could actually do with a player like him in the team!

It wasn't his fault he cost 5 million. He admits it himself that he thought it was a tad much in this interview. He's a better player tahn Hammond and Hume in my opinion.

Akinbiyi

Not in the least, I think he was treated more than fairly by the majority of fans considering his contribution, sure the fee wasn't his doing but it wasn't the fans either.

His wages were certainly his doing, I'm sure he didn't say to PT & JE, 'look the fees way too much and you certainly can't be thinking of paying me as much as that can you, I'm surely not worth it'

He's living a lifestyle you and I can only dream of and in spite of his protestations about the impact of LCFC on his career is still earning a more than tidy sum of money.

To sum up I would say he's some lucky bastard.

I don't feel sorry for him and I don't know how any fan could warm to the guy. I've found him extremely arrogant whenever i've listened to interviews with the guy. I remember hearing an interview he had with someone a few days after Bassett and Adams were appointed as the new managers and he was asked whether he had anything to prove. Akinbiyi responded very abruptely by saying he didn't have anything to prove to anybody. It was the way he said it and considering he hadn't scored for about 10 games you'd think he'd be abit humble but he clearly wasn't.

Class A twat and I wish him all the worst.

A ghastly mistake . I couldn't bear the thought of him in a City shirt again- anyone espousing the idea can have no grasp on the significance his signing had on our precipitous fall from grace. It's a minor detail that the mighty wolves benefited to the tune of 6 mill.

I don't agree either that he's a better player than Hume who I think will bed in and be very good signing

When you read that table of fees which Peter Taylor paid for players you'd have to wonder at his sanity.

Not that I'm sure we ever used him right. He was always racing round like the hare at a greyhound track...and with the same amount of vision and variation.

He's better now that he's slowed down, doing the simple things when it doesn't matter and making his presence count only when it does.

You don't want players charging around aimlessly. You want em thinking. Chambers sets a great example in this way. He's got awesome speed but only uses it when it might count.

It's hard to compare Akinbiyi with Hume (cos Hume's really a midfielder who can score) but I'd probably rate em the same value wise. There's certainly not £4.5/£4.25million difference... even if you got the best out of Akinbiyi.

Akinbiyi

errrrrrr......no

He was shit for us, end of. some players turn out good by changing clubs, some turn crap from changing clubs.

He was poor for us, but doing well at Burnley.

He's better than Hammond, but not Hume IMO. Hume is a very skillful player and I think he'll do very well for us.

I agree with you Lib!

Hume can control the ball which akinbiyi cant really do...

i would have him back anyday. at the minute we dont have a striker that we can put in the team and feel confident about him scoring goals. you will probly come back at me with MDV but im soory he is absoloutly useless. yes hes top goalscorer but he should be with the amount of chances he gets. alright you might have to give him credit for getting in the positions for these chances but he just doesn`t fit the bill for a championship team looking for promotion. at least akinbiyi looks like he gives a toss when he puts on the city shirt, giving 110% every game, unlike MDV.

BRING BACK AKINBIYI

ps look at the championsip top goalscorers.

enough said!!!

I dont really feel sorry for him (due to the extortionate value of money hes earning), but i think he was harshly treated at leicester.

Him being signed for £5.5 million or whatever was not his fault, it was over-valueing by Peter Taylor and whoever was in charge at Wolves back then. He isnt a bad player, he just isnt a premiership player and certainly wasnt worth hat we paid for him. He always tried his hardest and ran his socks off, even though he didnt score what he should have, ultimately ending up in relegation.

Watch him score today....

Archived