Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Apologies if there is already a thread on this subject but I couldn’t find one - MODS, feel free to merge if there is.

 
I’m considering paying for parking at the stadium on Thursday night which is something I’ve never done before and just wondered if it’s worth it and how long it takes to get out of the area? Usually for night games I park for free on one of the roads off Narborough Road but I’m not 100% sure I fancy that this time round. 
 

Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Think there may be some parking restrictions for fans at the stadium, due to it being a European fixture (?).

Edited by Wymsey
Posted

I have used the parking before, it was definitely worth it. It was fairly inexpensive, we parked right outside our gate and managed to get out at the end relatively easily.  

Posted

Unless you leave 10 mins early you will no doubt have to sit in your car for at least 30 mins before the roads open. Then it depends how many other cars are trying to exit and where in the car park you are. Be prepared to wait an hour after the game before you leave.

 

I personally just park off Narborough Rd and for night games it is much easier than Saturday afternoon matches.

  • Like 2
Posted

Parking at the stadium is a great option if you are happy to stay behind for, at least for 30 minutes, after the game. If you are in corporate or drinking in one of the local bars it is very convenient but if you want to get away quickly it is not the right option.

Posted

I've been parking at the ground for years, and its brilliant before the game, but can be a real nightmare getting out afterwards. as @KrefelderFox666 said, they close the gates 10 minutes before the end of the game and don't open them up until the crowds have completely cleared (can be anything from 30-60 minutes) The worst i've seen was actually after the Napoli game. there are only 2 ways in and out of the car park as it is, and one of the exits was shut off completely - i think because of some crowd trouble? I didn't get home after that game until after 2AM - Granted, I live in Barnsley, but the bulk of the journey was spent sitting in my car trying to get away from the stadium

Posted (edited)

I have been parking at Filbert Street club parking for a while. It is convenient for me as I live out of the County although very expensive. However, you have to leave after about 85 minutes and race back to the car to prevent having to wait 30 mins. On Thursday for Spartak I have nothing booked so might park near De Montfort hall which is about £3 and a 20 minute walk. 

Edited by Edingleyfox
  • Like 1
Posted
13 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Apologies if there is already a thread on this subject but I couldn’t find one - MODS, feel free to merge if there is.

 
I’m considering paying for parking at the stadium on Thursday night which is something I’ve never done before and just wondered if it’s worth it and how long it takes to get out of the area? Usually for night games I park for free on one of the roads off Narborough Road but I’m not 100% sure I fancy that this time round. 
 

Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Why don’t you fancy it this time round? 

Posted

I've used Raw Dykes/Freemans Common £6 charity parking but fed up with road block getting out to head back towards M1 junction. Is there any match day restriction for parking in a street off Aylestone Rd?

Posted
18 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

There’s parking available…

Cheers for that, I never bother looking as I either assume it's all sold or I take one of the bikes. Seeing as I'm sitting here contemplating putting on the heating, riding up is well out :D

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
Posted
6 hours ago, Bert said:

Why don’t you fancy it this time round? 

Not sure what impact it will have but I'm guessing because it's Divali on Thursday too

Posted
8 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

I have been parking at Filbert Street club parking for a while. It is convenient for me as I live out of the County although very expensive. However, you have to leave after about 85 minutes and race back to the car to prevent having to wait 30 mins. On Thursday for Spartak I have nothing booked so might park near De Montfort hall which is about £3 and a 20 minute walk. 

Whereabouts is this De Montfort hall parking? £3 sounds pretty good!

Posted
3 minutes ago, 09bballer said:

Could be at de Montfort hall maybe? 

Lol.

In my defence they did say ‘near’ DMH. Is there parking available at De Montfort hall? I was struggling to think of where it might be near there, but actually there itself would make sense!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Lol.

In my defence they did say ‘near’ DMH. Is there parking available at De Montfort hall? I was struggling to think of where it might be near there, but actually there itself would make sense!

More seriously, yeah there's a car park but would be in use if any gig or anything on. If considering that why not try streets off Victoria park road? It's free and slightly nearer

Posted
1 hour ago, morris1234 said:

After 6pm all on street parking in the city is free. I always use that for evening kick offs, tends to not be as bad as trying to get out after when closer to the KP. 

There's quite a few free after 16:00 too. Although I believe some have been changed over to 18:00.

Posted
9 hours ago, Bert said:

Why don’t you fancy it this time round? 

I’ve got an injury from playing football so I don’t much fancy the 20/25 minute dash through the crowds trying to find my car. I’ve supported Leicester all my life, been to the KP/Walkers/Filbert Street more times than I can remember but I’ve never lived in Leicester and I don’t know the city at all, so finding my car is always interesting. I’ll have to drop a pin on Google maps! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I’ve got an injury from playing football so I don’t much fancy the 20/25 minute dash through the crowds trying to find my car. I’ve supported Leicester all my life, been to the KP/Walkers/Filbert Street more times than I can remember but I’ve never lived in Leicester and I don’t know the city at all, so finding my car is always interesting. I’ll have to drop a pin on Google maps! 

Wasn’t questioning your support! The estate on Bede island which is 10 mins at the most away has street parking depending on how early you can get there. 

Posted
Just now, Bert said:

Wasn’t questioning your support! The estate on Bede island which is 10 mins at the most away has street parking depending on how early you can get there. 

No no I know you weren’t. But I do feel slightly embarrassed that I’ve only gone to Leicester for football. Maybe one day I’ll stop over for a weekend and actually check the city out properly. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Bert said:

Wasn’t questioning your support! The estate on Bede island which is 10 mins at the most away has street parking depending on how early you can get there. 

Thanks for the heads up! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...