Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

12 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Stansted to Copenhagen for us Wednesday morning...we are getting the Kombardo bus to Aarhus...BUT...1/2 way through the bus boards a ferry for the remainder of the journey. We can then get off, have a walk around, beer/coffee....

All for £10 pp !! 

I notice on the Kombardo website you can put Copenhagen to Randers, does the bus go all the way there in one? I can't make out any change info on the website.

Has anyone seen that Randers are doing a Ticket + Flight package for around £330 for Randers fans, flights from Aarhus Airport to East Midlands Airport. Pretty good deal, wonder if Leicester could do something similar for those "harder to reach" places......

https://www.randersfc.dk/nyheder-superliga/2022/01-januar-2021/billetsalg-til-udebanetur-til-leicester-er-abent

Edited by hejammy

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Has anyone seen that Randers are doing a Ticket + Flight package for around £330 for Randers fans, flights from Aarhus Airport to East Midlands Airport. Pretty good deal, wonder if Leicester could do something similar for those "harder to reach" places......

https://www.randersfc.dk/nyheder-superliga/2022/01-januar-2021/billetsalg-til-udebanetur-til-leicester-er-abent

Thats about 3 times what most of the lot I know are paying

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Direct flights?

You can only fly direct if the city has an airport, I don’t think Randers does does it?

Flights to Aarhus are about £130 at the minute, package deals are always much more expensive. Also, if covid hits then I would imagine the agent loses the fee for the plane so it’s unlikely they would do it.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

No if fairness but half the fun is the travel trip.

30 quid to hamburg 25 for the 5 hour train. 30 quid for a few crates of beer. Job done.

Now just to persuade the wife it's a good idea lol having already spunked 360 on Cheltenham tickets for march 

• Like 1

Just now, SemperEadem said:

No if fairness but half the fun is the travel trip.

I suppose it depends on the situation - the more parts of the trip you have the more likely one will fail and then a knock on effect may cause you to miss the match potentially, Denmark cost of living is significantly higher than here so perhaps it wouldn't cost as much going from here if LCFC organised a direct flight. It's a far cry from being forced to go on the bus to Wembley for an extortionate price as you can get to London with relative ease. Randers not so much

Also that Randers trip needs at least so many people to go for it happen

Sports Options tried a charter for Warsaw at £269 but couldn't get the flight full. A few got caught out here and left with no travel except complex routes/expensive flights. 

Different strokes for different folks aint it. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I notice on the Kombardo website you can put Copenhagen to Randers, does the bus go all the way there in one? I can't make out any change info on the website.

Don't know. It docks in Aarhus at 4.15 where we get off, and arrives in Randers at 4.40. So it seems it goes directly to Randers after docking. Slightly over 4 hours for Randers.

That's not too bad especially as the direct train takes 3 and 3/4 hours for £42 single.

452062754_Screenshot_20220127-1128092.thumb.png.2fdf1d2574bfa597822ad8fbef37645e.png

Edited by coolcol

I emailed Sport Options last week and had the following response:  

It is looking like we will operate a daytrip to this game . We are firstly waiting to see that the Danes are going to open up stadiums and more importantly allocate tickets to visiting fans.  
It's very much our intention to operate into Aarhus and have coaches back and forth to Randers. 
We are trying to keep costs as low as possible.  
We have an aircraft held off and we hope ( but can't guarantee) to be able to announce something around the end of the month.. if not before. 
Hope this helps
All the best
Sport Options 

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, travelling there and back, but if like me you need to keep it short then this is a possibility. I know it has been mentioned earlier in this thread as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, ianormondroyd said:

I emailed Sport Options last week and had the following response:  

It is looking like we will operate a daytrip to this game . We are firstly waiting to see that the Danes are going to open up stadiums and more importantly allocate tickets to visiting fans.  
It's very much our intention to operate into Aarhus and have coaches back and forth to Randers. 
We are trying to keep costs as low as possible.  
We have an aircraft held off and we hope ( but can't guarantee) to be able to announce something around the end of the month.. if not before. 
Hope this helps
All the best
Sport Options 

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, travelling there and back, but if like me you need to keep it short then this is a possibility. I know it has been mentioned earlier in this thread as well. 

They won't get enough numbers to make it viable. Most people want to make their own arrangements and stay over for a night or two, which could probably be dodone for the same price or less.

4 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

They won't get enough numbers to make it viable. Most people want to make their own arrangements and stay over for a night or two, which could probably be dodone for the same price or less.

Tbh, that's what I thought aswell, with the small allocation they might actually struggle to fill a plane. 

Boggles the mind that people take SO seriously. Absolute scammers. Paying an outrageous amount for fox travel air effectively.

Leave on morning of game; by the time you've arrived, transferred, gone to pick up tickets "as per UEFA protocol", you have a few hours at best before the game. Then as soon as it's done you're bundled straight onto your transport back to the UK.

Reduces European away games to Carlisle away in the league cup on a tuesday night, except you're paying hundreds of quid for the displeasure. Madness.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Boggles the mind that people take SO seriously. Absolute scammers. Paying an outrageous amount for fox travel air effectively.

Leave on morning of game; by the time you've arrived, transferred, gone to pick up tickets "as per UEFA protocol", you have a few hours at best before the game. Then as soon as it's done you're bundled straight onto your transport back to the UK.

Reduces European away games to Carlisle away in the league cup on a tuesday night, except you're paying hundreds of quid for the displeasure. Madness.

I've never used them before, just thought I'd look into it as I need this trip to be a short one, unfortunately.

I guess you've had some experience with them? If so, be good to hear what it was as I'm sure people on here won't want to be scammed. 

Edited by ianormondroyd

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Had a browse this morning. Still some decent prices on flights (if you are a little flexible). The only no go is the Aarhus flight back on the Friday.

Also, is anyone managing to travel from anywhere but Stansted? I guess only if you are flying to Copenhagen.

Manchester to Billund. Wed to Fri,  £39. 

• Like 1