Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Danes have it bang on when it comes to stewarding and policing. Proves when you treat people with respect, you’ll get it back 

Said the exact same thing to my mates. No hostility at all from the police. Everything relaxed. Even in pubs on the night before and day of the game, everything was really calm. Even stemmed down to the staff at the bars, all very welcoming and relaxed and our fans in return respected their pubs. There’s almost a hostility in England where police and pub staff poke the bear and it often doesn’t end well for them. They could certainly learn a thing or two from the Danish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolcol said:

Were you in my in the train back with us when I asked the female attendant for her phone number and we were all singing.... 🎶"Aarhus.... In the middle of Denmark" 🎶 ??

Yea think so mate lol

I was chirping a lovely local lady who helped with me getting away with having the wrong ticket (missed my earlier train) 

I was very drunk 

15 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Yea think so mate lol

I was chirping a lovely local lady who helped with me getting away with having the wrong ticket (missed my earlier train) 

I was very drunk 

Were you the guy in the flat cap and beard who was chatting up a gorgeous Danish girl on the platform in Randers.....you realized you were on the wrong platform when your saw us going under the tunnel to the other side ? You also chatted up another Danish girl on the train itself ?

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Danes have it bang on when it comes to stewarding and policing. Proves when you treat people with respect, you’ll get it back 

We had a few undercover come check out a few places the night before the game in Aarhaus, they are a little to obvious tho lol

But the ones on the day of the game that came round talking to us was class

16 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Were you the guy in the flat cap and beard who was chatting up a gorgeous Danish girl on the platform in Randers.....you realized you were on the wrong platform when your saw us going under the tunnel to the other side ? You also chatted up another Danish girl on the train itself ?

Yep 😬

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Guess also the fact that Randers has pretty much zero ultras scene and a hooligan firm that died out about 6 years ago.

True but on the walk, the police did have to manage a flash point. Also biggest sets of fans were literally opposite pubs to each other. 

2 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Said the exact same thing to my mates. No hostility at all from the police. Everything relaxed. Even in pubs on the night before and day of the game, everything was really calm. Even stemmed down to the staff at the bars, all very welcoming and relaxed and our fans in return respected their pubs. There’s almost a hostility in England where police and pub staff poke the bear and it often doesn’t end well for them. They could certainly learn a thing or two from the Danish.

Good shout actually. I’m at afc Wimbledon right now and keep commenting to a mate how overbearing the cops and stewards are. Despite everyone here being a tart or a rugby fan. I got cautioned and ‘warned about my language’ for telling a steward to ‘f4cking sit down pls’ as he was standing right in front of our seats. The Dane’s were so friendly and realistic 

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Get back okay? 

Thanks for asking. Apparently I'm on a replacement flight Sunday night, but no confirmation from BA.  Hopefully over night they will be able to catch a breath and sort everything. If it happens again I'll sort another booking elsewhere, albeit with more cost etc 

1 hour ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Thanks for asking. Apparently I'm on a replacement flight Sunday night, but no confirmation from BA.  Hopefully over night they will be able to catch a breath and sort everything. If it happens again I'll sort another booking elsewhere, albeit with more cost etc

When we're you supposed to leave? 

Hope you get sorted tomorrow 

Landed at 440pm today and managed to get on the M11 by 530. Back in Leicester by 650 as I was supposed to be at a black tie do at 630. My wife had already left. Got there only missed the first course.

Anyway towards the end of the night visiting the loo, there’s a lad, mid twenties at a urinal. For conversation he says just got back from CH this morning. I say ditto, but 530 tonight. We look at each other and simultaneously start singing “in the middle of Denmark, Aarhus”; immediately we’re like best mates and he takes me to meet his lady. It turns out he was bottom tier, we were top. 

We drank in the irish bar before the game and thought the atmosphere was excellent. Not so good after the game, too many pissheads, so we went across the road. 

On the Friday morning me and the lad (he’s 43 by the way) caught the Kombardo Express from Randers to CH, which is the bus / ferry. Well Impressed with the efficiency.

Popped into Warpigs which we’ve visited a few times in the past. I had an IPA, the Optimistic Agnostic, at 6.8 and my lad had Muzzies Memories at 6.5 which looked a bit wheaty to me. Anyway CH is a great place, recommend to anyone and if you are English the locals all talk to you, especially the young ladies! All the central pubs and bars stay open to 5am, but I didn’t do too bad, lasted until 230am.

Really nice trip, decent end considering it was a dead rubber and the locals I talked to said they were impressed with us as a set of fans. 

• Like 4

Anyone want to own up to sleeping in the corridor outside my room in Randers on Thursday?! I was woken at 5am by someone outside the room, I was worried they were trying to get in. then kept awake by their snoring outside 😆 I had a peek out, someone laid out across the corridor. Not sure if they were so pissed they couldn’t manage to open the door to their room, or if they’d just wandered in and decided to have a Kip!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Landed at 440pm today and managed to get on the M11 by 530. Back in Leicester by 650 as I was supposed to be at a black tie do at 630. My wife had already left. Got there only missed the first course.

Anyway towards the end of the night visiting the loo, there’s a lad, mid twenties at a urinal. For conversation he says just got back from CH this morning. I say ditto, but 530 tonight. We look at each other and simultaneously start singing “in the middle of Denmark, Aarhus”; immediately we’re like best mates and he takes me to meet his lady. It turns out he was bottom tier, we were top. 

We drank in the irish bar before the game and thought the atmosphere was excellent. Not so good after the game, too many pissheads, so we went across the road. 

On the Friday morning me and the lad (he’s 43 by the way) caught the Kombardo Express from Randers to CH, which is the bus / ferry. Well Impressed with the efficiency.

Popped into Warpigs which we’ve visited a few times in the past. I had an IPA, the Optimistic Agnostic, at 6.8 and my lad had Muzzies Memories at 6.5 which looked a bit wheaty to me. Anyway CH is a great place, recommend to anyone and if you are English the locals all talk to you, especially the young ladies! All the central pubs and bars stay open to 5am, but I didn’t do too bad, lasted until 230am.

Really nice trip, decent end considering it was a dead rubber and the locals I talked to said they were impressed with us as a set of fans. 

We are going to Copenhagen tonight and spending all day tomorrow before watching the Brondby match.

When we arrived in Copenhagen on Tuesday we had an hour to kill before our next train so we took a walk around the station area. We saw that Warpigs bar but never checked it out.... It seems you would recommend it then?

6 minutes ago, coolcol said:

We are going to Copenhagen tonight and spending all day tomorrow before watching the Brondby match.

When we arrived in Copenhagen on Tuesday we had an hour to kill before our next train so we took a walk around the station area. We saw that Warpigs bar but never checked it out.... It seems you would recommend it then?

Warpigs is possibly my favourite bar on the planet and I'm green with envy at anyone to going!

As long as you temporarily forget how much things cost it's amazing, the on site smokehouse can't be missed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, coolcol said:

100% yes if you are into real ale. Food is great too, basically all meat, although you can have a bit of chips / coleslaw if you want to show you’re a tourist😂. The locals I saw just had trays of meat! My sort of place 👍

39 minutes ago, billyn88 said:

Warpigs is possibly my favourite bar on the planet and I'm green with envy at anyone to going!

As long as you temporarily forget how much things cost it's amazing, the on site smokehouse can't be missed.

100% agree. Bring a meat market area, you get very good stuff well cooked👍

Guest David Oldfields Gate
On 26/02/2022 at 19:46, Lako42 said:

When we're you supposed to leave? 

Hope you get sorted tomorrow 

Back in Heathrow 26 hours later than planned! Only just made the last train back to east mids by two minutes otherwise it would of been a right more mess stuck in london.

Bring on Turf Moor, good lord!

The train I just jumped on had a Leicester sticker on the side, the gods are with us.

1 hour ago, coolcol said:
Leaving Copenhagen today at 3:00 p.m. after an amazing Danish week.

Watched the Leicester match, then 

- Vejle 3-2 Aarhus
- Odense 2-2 Midtjylland
- Brondby 1- 0 Sonderjyske....LOUD Brondby Ultras. We even drank in their pub and they didn't say a word to us, thank goodness.

The Danes were such a welcoming friendly people and so chilled out. A number of things we noticed about them is that they cycle everywhere even the young ones, the women are gorgeous but it is so expensive there.

Anyways, roll on Rennes.

PXL_20220225_181507248.jpg

But you're not going to Burnley? Plastic!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, coolcol said:
Leaving Copenhagen today at 3:00 p.m. after an amazing Danish week.

Watched the Leicester match, then 

- Vejle 3-2 Aarhus
- Odense 2-2 Midtjylland
- Brondby 1- 0 Sonderjyske....LOUD Brondby Ultras. We even drank in the Ultras pub and they didn't say a word to us, thank goodness.

The Danes were such a welcoming friendly people and so chilled out. A number of things we noticed about them is that they cycle everywhere even the young ones, the women are gorgeous but it is so expensive there.

Anyways, roll on Rennes.

PXL_20220225_181507248.jpg

Looks like you had a great time Col! Saw plenty of goals, plus four more grounds ticked off👍