Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

Pizza

4 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Did you do that in your pizza oven but at a lower temperature or just in the oven?

Just in the oven mate. Done a few in the Ooni over the years, but truth be told there's little benefit in doing so compared to normal pizzas.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Just in the oven mate. Done a few in the Ooni over the years, but truth be told there's little benefit in doing so compared to normal pizzas.

Yeah that's what I thought.  I had a sourdough going over the lockdowns and made a Detroit style with it, the second long prove in the fridge I did in the tray I baked it in and it puffed up lovely, got lots of air in and was very light once cooked.  And can take a lot of cheese as well.  

Tragically my starter died a sad and lonely death, starved of love and flour at the back of my fridge, once I was back to the nuisance of working.  

Wouldn't mind giving your recipe ago, do you have a link to it or is it one of your own concoctions?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Yeah that's what I thought.  I had a sourdough going over the lockdowns and made a Detroit style with it, the second long prove in the fridge I did in the tray I baked it in and it puffed up lovely, got lots of air in and was very light once cooked.  And can take a lot of cheese as well.  

Tragically my starter died a sad and lonely death, starved of love and flour at the back of my fridge, once I was back to the nuisance of working.  

Wouldn't mind giving your recipe ago, do you have a link to it or is it one of your own concoctions?

https://my.whisk.com/recipes/10772d67b8670bc48558f1a0e85e9f160b0

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I know shop bought pizzas are a disgrace but tried one of those Crostica Mollica ones, they are really good for shop bought - about £6. Tried stuff from their range of other stuff and its all top notch. 

https://www.crostamollica.com/products/pizza

Absolutely agree. Only disappointment was that when they first came out the introductory price was so low I thought it was a budget brand, was a bit crushed when they started charging full whack

5 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Absolutely agree. Only disappointment was that when they first came out the introductory price was so low I thought it was a budget brand, was a bit crushed when they started charging full whack

Just had a frozen Picard margherita- you can get them from Ocado - it’s trumped it somehow.