Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

Pizza

Be careful of scolding hot tomato! 

Can we do veg pizza here? I like a bit of chorizo myself, so don't get me pigeonholed, but I make a veg/vegan pizza with spaghetti squash as the base. It's arguably not pizza at all, depending on your definition, but the recipe says it is. It works whatever you want to call it.

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

The older you get, the less toppings you want. By 30 if you’re craving anything other than cheese & tomato, you’re a wrongun. 

Can’t beat a good margherita with a sprinkling of chilli flakes :wub:

On 09/06/2022 at 04:44, Jattdogg said:

Really thinking of getting an ooni. Gas or wood? Much difference in taste?

Gas or wood makes no difference in taste.  You cooking the pizza for 1-3 mins so not in long enough to get any wood flavour.  Gas is easier to heat up and control temp.  Wood is for purists. I use a wood oven.  Bigger dome/more space for other cookery.  

made bread, cakes, chicken, paneer, roast veg tray bakes and best of all overnight daal makhni!! Once the wood oven has reached 500 degrees and pizza are cooked you cook food in it as it cools down. 

but personal preference.  Ooni/gozney make banging ovens.

On 12/02/2022 at 09:08, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa that's what the Pizza Pilgrims boys did. Well it was more like a moped with a carriage on the back with a pizza oven built in. 

I've crunched the numbers on setting up a pizza business full time and it's not as cushty a gig as you'd think it is. Even cooking pizzas in 90 seconds like the Ooni ovens do, there's so much time and preperation that goes in to it and making pizzas in volume means you have so much stuff to take with you and it has to be stored carefully and kept at certain temperatures etc.

There's sadly easier ways of making a decent living but that said if it's your passion then it can be a very rewarding pursuit.

I would love to set up Beerizza, beer and pizza but as you say it’s not all glory.  Would reconsider when financially free and can live the dream!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Hoping to try so damn good slices from Monday onwards as in New York for a week.

Any recs much welcomed but hearing good things about Prince Street Pizza  and Village Square Pizza thus far on the Manhattan side of things

@The_77 is one of our NY foxes and am sure can help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Haggis is GREAT on a pizza!

8 hours this post has been up and this aptly named poster still hasn’t been banned? 

What next? Haggis and pineapple, FFS? I’ve seen more palatable suggestions served up in the next manager thread.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Daggers said:

8 hours this post has been up and this aptly named poster still hasn’t been banned? 

What next? Haggis and pineapple, FFS? I’ve seen more palatable suggestions served up in the next manager thread.

Have you never tested haggis?  Its bloody lovely used in the right way.

• 4 months later...