Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

Pizza

39 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m very tempted to get a ooni. Can you only do homemade pizzas or do they cook fresh/frozen too?

Never tried to cook anything other than homemade but I don't see why no theoretically speaking.

On 07/07/2022 at 21:46, Unabomber said:

I’m very tempted to get a ooni. Can you only do homemade pizzas or do they cook fresh/frozen too?

You could. Suspect if you cooked one from frozen it’d probably char on the outside before it was cooked in the middle. And it’s not going to magically turn a shit frozen pizza into a gourmet masterpiece. 

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Dominos is worse than pizza hut.

Diabolical take, I'm sorry.

To be honest I only ever eat Dominos when they either have an offer like this one on, or its gone past 2am and I haven't eaten yet for whatever reason.

Plus haven't even tried Pizza Hut in over a decade. Although that little booth by the side of their shop near the Clock Tower used to be nice to pick up a slice from years and years ago.

Just now, Jaspa said:

To be honest I only ever eat Dominos when they either have an offer like this one on, or its gone past 2am and I haven't eaten yet for whatever reason.

Plus haven't even tried Pizza Hut in over a decade. Although that little booth by the side of their shop near the Clock Tower used to be nice to pick up a slice from years and years ago.

Pizza Hut is far superior to Dominoes.

But, Papa John's is the real king of pizza chains.

Yeah, I said it.

I'd still rather make my own at home though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Overpriced and overprocessed imo, had a dominos three times and each time it ruined my stomach. This was after having 3 different flavours too.

Pizza hut isn't amazing but for a 5 quid midweek pizza it's tastier and better on your wallet.

Neither are great and I'd always support local pizza outlets everytime.

20 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Idk if I'm gonna be unpopular here but I'd rather a kebab shop pizza than the pizza chains

I'd rather cook than have any type of takeaway to be honest.

Homemade pizzas are easier to make than most people think.

I've made some cracking kebabs lately too. Chicken shawarma and a lovely doner style one with minced lamb and a few spices. Whack it in a large naan with loads of salad and it's better than any takeaway. 

It's also not that challenging to make a good curry or Chinese at home, although these are more time consuming.

Really satisfying to make your own stuff though.

• Like 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

I'd rather cook than have any type of takeaway to be honest.

Homemade pizzas are easier to make than most people think.

I've made some cracking kebabs lately too. Chicken shawarma and a lovely doner style one with minced lamb and a few spices. Whack it in a large naan with loads of salad and it's better than any takeaway. 

It's also not that challenging to make a good curry or Chinese at home, although these are more time consuming.

Really satisfying to make your own stuff though.

Oh yeah i agree, I've never been much of a pizza.maker but I love making a curry. 

Homemade kebab is an interesting take, I'm only going for that if I'm absolutely legless and the tobacco has destroyed my taste buds for the night, can't imagine cooking in that condition

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Oh yeah i agree, I've never been much of a pizza.maker but I love making a curry. 

Homemade kebab is an interesting take, I'm only going for that if I'm absolutely legless and the tobacco has destroyed my taste buds for the night, can't imagine cooking in that condition

Seriously, try it. It's great!

My favourite bit is the pickled whole chilli's! And the Crucials sauces are incredible. Usually go for a chilli sauce alongside the yoghurt and mint.

A lot healthier than a takeaway, cheaper and the kids love it.

10 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Honestly don’t know anyone thats had a pizza hut in maybe ten years.

Same, myself included, but I don't know why as I've always liked Pizza Hut pizzas. The base is nice and I don't know how they get their pepperoni to crisp up like that without the pizza being burnt

• 5 weeks later...