Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

Pizza

3 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Had a coronation chicken pizza from Aldi, didn't think the flavours would work but i was wrong. Decent.

Roberto's in Syston is decent too, been open for 30 years and has decent flavour options. There chips are top tier too, probably from over salting them.

Robertos is my choice for takeaway pizza, been going for years. 
Also The Bulls Head in Repton is brilliant, do some good drinks and other bits of food too. 

• Like 2

Went as a family to Pizza Hut today, cost a small fortune and it was a sorry experience. I sent the first pizza back, as it was well over cooked. How can you destroy a pizza when it’s your job? Dirty table and cutlery. Won’t bother again.

Most of the home made pizza’s in this thread, look much more appetising than what was served today!

25 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Went as a family to Pizza Hut today, cost a small fortune and it was a sorry experience. I sent the first pizza back, as it was well over cooked. How can you destroy a pizza when it’s your job? Dirty table and cutlery. Won’t bother again.

Most of the home made pizza’s in this thread, look much more appetising than what was served today!

We NEVER go to a chain like Pizza Hut etc. They're massively overpriced and always underwhelming. Independents are the way to go. 

I live in Hinckley and we have 2: Inferno and Ponchinello's. Both do fresh pizza and pasta and there's a world of difference between them and Pizza Hut/Papa John's etc.

IME most chain restaurants, no matter what they claim, are disappointing. 

Miller and Carter being one of them. Hugely expensive for a mediocre experience.

And along with them, Harvester, where the free salad had been sneezed and coughed over by every punter who was ahead of you. They seemed to think that, because you could see the grill where your ribs/steak/chicken/whatever, being grilled was making it authentic.

Dreadful. And people still pay for this rubbish.

I have.

Not any more.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

We NEVER go to a chain like Pizza Hut etc. They're massively overpriced and always underwhelming. Independents are the way to go. 

I live in Hinckley and we have 2: Inferno and Ponchinello's. Both do fresh pizza and pasta and there's a world of difference between them and Pizza Hut/Papa John's etc.

IME most chain restaurants, no matter what they claim, are disappointing. 

Miller and Carter being one of them. Hugely expensive for a mediocre experience.

And along with them, Harvester, where the free salad had been sneezed and coughed over by every punter who was ahead of you. They seemed to think that, because you could see the grill where your ribs/steak/chicken/whatever, being grilled was making it authentic.

Dreadful. And people still pay for this rubbish.

I have.

Not any more.

This.  Many times over.

As you've pointed out, the cost v quality ratio is what I find remarkable.  These places aren't cheap, but they are shite.  And they are careless.  

I've never really understood why anyone picks these sorts of chain over independents. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Detroit style?  Love that crust on them.  

Looks bloody good that boyo.  

Yes mate, although I experimented with my 24 hour focaccia dough recipe and technique and it was way better than any of the Detroit style pizzas I've made in the past.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yes mate, although I experimented with my 24 hour focaccia dough recipe and technique and it was way better than any of the Detroit style pizzas I've made in the past.

Did you do that in your pizza oven but at a lower temperature or just in the oven?