Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

@Ric Flair is Arnaud Nordin any good? His numbers are good in a wank St Etienne team

He's sort of what Schlupp was to us from 14/15 - 16/17. Just when you think there's a player there he's the absolute pits. Nordin is technically better but up until this season hadn't kicked on much at all. I must admit this season he's having his best season and yet I've not paid much attention to him.

Could be a Lookman type low key player that might pick up significantly in his mid twenties.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He's sort of what Schlupp was to us from 14/15 - 16/17. Just when you think there's a player there he's the absolute pits. Nordin is technically better but up until this season hadn't kicked on much at all. I must admit this season he's having his best season and yet I've not paid much attention to him.

Could be a Lookman type low key player that might pick up significantly in his mid twenties.

Yeah swerve, Barnes is turning into a roulette wheel player now so we can't afford another.

Messing around with the FBref's player data and the only half realistic decent left footed u25 RW is Rutter. If Carles Perez play more then maybe him.

27 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Yeah swerve, Barnes is turning into a roulette wheel player now so we can't afford another.

Messing around with the FBref's player data and the only half realistic decent left footed u25 RW is Rutter. If Carles Perez play more then maybe him.

I'd be all over the possible unrest in Ukraine for Tete or Tysgankov.

• Like 1

I still think we need more left footers. I'm no advocate for the beck 5 he plays but we haven't got the personnel for it in the slightest and it's that above all that's the problem. We'd have so much more flexibility if we had a left footed centre back and a more attacking left back.

I'd love Schlotterbeck but he's off to Bayern by all accounts.

My controversial take on goalies is if they’re good in say the championship they’ll be also good in the prem, after all it’s not like they suddenly can’t save a shot in the prem. obviously depends on the quality of defence in front of them and how many shots are allowed at them but I’d have thought a goalie playing well for a what we can call pretty average team in Preston is then worth a shot in the prem.

A midfielder/forward who wants to head the ball. In recent games watching a lack of intent to head the 2nd balls & crosses, KDH, Youri, Daka n nacho all very timid to head the ball.

Almost pointless playing Albrighton at times as I thought his delivery was good against Wolves but no one wanted to commit.

49 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Svanberg from Bologna would be a great Youri replacement.

Can pass through the lines, but also has an engine - a six-footer too and only 23.

He's a good player, don't think he's anywhere near the level of Tielemans though creatively. That's not the end of the world but the team has to then pick up thst slack elsewhere which is why it's crucial we get a right winger who is of Raphinha/Mahrez type player.

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a good player, don't think he's anywhere near the level of Tielemans though creatively. That's not the end of the world but the team has to then pick up thst slack elsewhere which is why it's crucial we get a right winger who is of Raphinha/Mahrez type player.

Agree on creativity - but think he's going to be hard to replace in that regard. I also like Kocku at Feyenoord but not sure if he gives the defensive protection that Tielemans can.

We are crying out for a winger with some unpredictability - Madueke seems obvious one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Agree on creativity - but think he's going to be hard to replace in that regard. I also like Kocku at Feyenoord but not sure if he gives the defensive protection that Tielemans can.

We are crying out for a winger with some unpredictability - Madueke seems obvious one.

Kocku is having a great season under a great manager. Go get them both.

An audacious bid would be Xavi Simmons from PSG

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

....Xavi Simmons was around the same time as Karamoko, he just seems to be very much going backwards at the moment!!!

Watching him play and he seems to be under so much pressure and does not look like he is enjoying it. It appears that football is something he is good at but not what he really wants to do.

It is a very high pressure club to be in, and there is a lot expected of him, to come through to become a stellar player. Karamoko coming back from an operation needs to try and catch up and he is now 18 but his physique has not changed much, and lack of time on the pitch has held him back. Always felt as a gamble we should look to bring him in here, his contract is about up now and he and Xavi Simmons may just turn out to be stars that petered out infront of us.

• Like 1

.....for a reasonable price 20m Euro I should think, we have to be looking for Mahmoud Dahoud in as a central midfielder!!!

He is positive, has great skill on the ball and would be a better value than English players currently in the Premier League. I can see him being overlooked and us watching him from afar and wondering how we managed to miss out on getting his signature. BVB has some terrific players and he is one of them.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Get Slot in and bring Senesi and Kocku with him. Senesi would probably be a good option for us with him being a left footed centre back.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Suspect the summer Berardi links were because of genuine interest. Hopefully he is the RW we are targeting in the summer. In his prime and contract expires in 2024. I would guess Perez will leave given he only has 1 year left and can’t get a game. 

55 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Get Slot in and bring Senesi and Kocku with him. Senesi would probably be a good option for us with him being a left footed centre back.

Yes he would, I mentioned him last month as a target. Not the tallest but very strong.