Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

GTA VI

48 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Its all subjective. My absolute fave games are story based. Agree totally with your choice of games. The Mass Effect trilogy (and Andromeda) i absolutely loved. No reason why GTA6 cant have amazing story telling and character building. As an overall package though if GTA6 gets it right regarding Visuals, map size, story, mission variety and overall things to do (when ot causing mayhem) then it will absolutely be viewed (by many) as the greatest. 

The idea of being able to cause modern day mayhem with no backlash (by obviously not doing it in real life) will appeal to many people. 

Either way there wont be a mission better than the suicide mission in ME2. Only played it for the first time ever a couple of years ago. Such an amazing complex trilogy

You're right, it's all subjective. I just think that the GTA series is hampered story and characterisation wise by its own general principle - which, as you say, appeals to a lot of people.

The SM in ME2 was one of those moments in gaming, yeah. I also think it takes a lot to beat the assault on Braithwaite Manor in RDR2 and working towards the reveal of Zero Dawn in Horizon:ZD.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Take-Two CFO saying to "expect record levels of operating performance" for the next financial year (April 2024 to March 2025)

Surely September '24 release for it then?

*Edit* P.S @moore_94change the title to GTA VI!

There is rumor's they will incorporate cryptocurrency in the game, which would be typical as there always breaking boundaries first. Play to earn.

Edited by whoareyaaa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Think September next year myself. Posted on the previous page that the Take Two CFO said expect record profits for the next financial year which can really only mean GTA6

Don't think it's ever been that quick from first trailer release, but maybe that's changed with the forced working practice issues that had with RDR 2.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You know it’s gonna be worth it, just get it ordered! 

The whole pre-order thing with games doesn't make sense to me anymore - even if somehow it did physically sell out everywhere you can still then go and buy a digital version on whatever you're playing it on. "Yeah but you get a really cool exclusive outfit for your player if you give them your money 6 months before you need to!"

• Like 1

Pre orders for games in general I don’t only not get but I don’t agree with because it just encourages developers to continue to deliver underwhelming and often outright broken products. GTA 6 I kind of get though, it’s more than just a game it’s probably the most anticipated piece of media on the horizon in any form.

• Like 2

Rockstar are probably the only devs I'd even consider pre-ordering a game from considering the quality of their output, and even that's not assured given they allowed the release of the GTA Trilogy Ultimate Edition which was a disgrace.

I'll wait for reviews to drop. Pre-orders are a big reason why the games industry is such a mess with broken, unfinished shit games.

• Like 1

And also the disaster that was gta online, it just didn’t work for weeks and took months and months to actually make it right. There’s no guarantee that gta 6 will release polished. as I’ve got older I don’t buy in to the fanboyism and the hype. I’ve still not made my way through cyberpunk but after I’ve finished what I’m currently playing I will go through that one next. It took over 2 years to properly fix cyberpunk which is a total joke BUT because I’ve waited when I play through it I’ll have the buttery smooth experience everyone wanted day 1 but didn’t get. It’s just how the games industry is now and I as an individual consumer can just refuse to buy or play the copy and paste Ubisoft games or the games with predatory monetisation aimed at kids like Fortnite and fifa and wait until a game is ready to be played rather than a game that’s been released to be played.

The only time I pre-order is if there is a limited edition version of a game which comes with something like a statue that I really want

Even then, if you pre-order at places like GAME you don’t pay upfront and if the reviews come out crap it is easy enough to cancel