Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

GTA VI

Well at the moment it looks no different to GTA5. Which is strange to think it was a PS3 game released just over 9 years ago.

Rumours of a 2023-2024 release it looks to me like there is still plenty of work to be done if they want to surpass GTA5.

Wouldnt surprise me if R* leaked these 'fake' vids in order to stir up some interest/debate whilst they secretly create a masterpiece. Here's hoping lol 

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

Well at the moment it looks no different to GTA5. Which is strange to think it was a PS3 game released just over 9 years ago.

Rumours of a 2023-2024 release it looks to me like there is still plenty of work to be done if they want to surpass GTA5.

Wouldnt surprise me if R* leaked these 'fake' vids in order to stir up some interest/debate whilst they secretly create a masterpiece. Here's hoping lol 

A game journalist on Twitter said that the footage is likely years old. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoboFox said:

I would certainly hope so. They really need to pull GTA6 out the bag. GTA5 has been such a monumental success that its going to be incredibly tough to beat. Tbh im not sure what more they could do to improve on GTA5.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Is GTA5 online still popular? 

I couldn't really work out what the point of online was. 

Yeah still very popular

https://activeplayer.io/grand-theft-auto-v/

They make hundreds of millions a year just from Shark Cards as well so they have no reason to scale it back or stop updates etc.

The online is really fun and you can spend a lot of hours on it just messing around with mates, doing races, missions together etc.

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

This is where I might struggle, non of my mates game. 

I've always been a massive fan of GTA (since the first) and was put off by GTA Online for how rough the launch with GTA V was (lost hours of progress after the accounts kept getting scrubbed early on), by the time I'd tried again it was just a huge grief-fest. But I recently got properly into it and it's brilliant - I tend to play alone or with 1 mate, and if I'm playing on my own I switch it to a closed lobby so I don't come up against anyone else, you just earn your money doing whatever you like in the background so when you do dip into public lobbies you can have earned enough to arm yourself against idiots who are just out to ruin other people's sessions. Playing Online on your own feels almost like GTA V 1.5 - same map, but a completely different set of missions and it's staggering how even to this day with all the dozens of large updates they're still adding variety to the gameplay. It's also funny that while they offer Shark cards so you can buy in-game currency, Rockstar make it so easy for you to make money quickly and they also do promotions all the time that offer big bonuses on top of payouts just for participating in specific missions/businesses

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Yeah the footage we've seen is from 2019 apparently. I'm annoyed that I watched one of the videos as I always get excited for the announcement trailers and not knowing any details beforehand, but am really looking forward to it. I just hope the writing/gameplay hasn't suffered with the departures of Dan Houser, Lazlow and Leslie Benzies. I was also concerned that the next GTA would only be Online and without a single-player campaign but that's clearly not the case

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Definitely not the case. They never release details until the announcement trailers

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I would certainly hope so. They really need to pull GTA6 out the bag. GTA5 has been such a monumental success that its going to be incredibly tough to beat. Tbh im not sure what more they could do to improve on GTA5.

Personally I hope GTA VI goes back to San Andreas' approach of having more than 1 city. As much as I love GTA V/Online, once you're north of Los Santos it can be a pain in the arse having to drive 10 minutes to find civilisation. Paleto Bay/Sandy Shores are cool locales but neither really have a lot going on and outside of a few missions (unless you have your Online businesses set up there) they're just places for passing through, whereas with San Andreas you had Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas (as well as the forests, beaches and deserts in between) so there was more diversity of a better sense of exploration

There's also some improvements which could be made to the UI (particularly in Online) but yeah by and large there's not a great deal that needs to be improved on. V still looks great, the physics engine holds up incredibly well considering it's 14 years old now, the driving and shooting are tight, things like side-missions/collectibles/vehicle customisation give you nearly endless replayability

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

There's also some improvements which could be made to the UI (particularly in Online) but yeah by and large there's not a great deal that needs to be improved on. V still looks great, the physics engine holds up incredibly well considering it's 14 years old now, the driving and shooting are tight, things like side-missions/collectibles/vehicle customisation give you nearly endless replayability

I'm not sure I'd entirely agree with that. I played a bit of both the story and online when it came to the new consoles recently and while it does still hold up broadly quite well, I thought there were a few things that felt really underwhelming, most notably the mission design (especially where the online businesses are concerned) and the cover/shooting mechanics. If I could wish for one thing in the new game it'd be a rework of the combat and a move away from the lock-on aiming they're so fond of (I know you can just disable it but the missions are balanced around it and the free aiming feels very clunky, at least it does on controller anyway). It's one of the things that I think contributes to the games being far too easy and means that their way of introducing challenge is to make the enemies bullet sponge aimbots. Maybe it has to be easy to a certain extent, because they want the games to feel like playing through a film and if you're regularly dying and reloading checkpoints then that flow is going to get interrupted, but I think there are plenty of examples of games that manage to make their combat feel stylish and cinematic without being quite so easy, weightless and unsatisfying.

7 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Dunno whether it's an unpopular opinion or not, but the Euphoria physics engine was better in GTA IV than in V. 

Everything felt weightier, and I much preferred the car handling. 

There was a noticeable difference in how it was implemented, and GTA IV definitely had a more realistic feel (particularly on foot) but I like how they dialled it back for GTA V. Niko used to stumble into stuff all the time and while the vehicles felt weightier, all of them slid around like they had cold tyres on a frosty morning. Could never understand the thinking there

IV was set in a much smaller city, while you had long boulevards it was more often swerving around the city blocks and tight corners. I loved the handling in IV, and got ridiculously good at it, often booting up online to nab a Sultan RS and tear back to the airport as fast as possible.

With them adding a self writing mechanic for roofed cars I thought V lost abit of the GTA soul. V is a very arcadey racer, while very good it's somehow more cartoony than IV and the damage physics were also a downgrade on its predecessor.

• Like 1

You can't judge a game 2 years away with footage from 3 years ago. Game development is a very drawn out process. I look forward to playing gta6 but these leaks haven't really given anything away, good or bad, in terms of how the game will perform. I've never played gta or red dead online and doubt I ever will. Just hope they focus on the single player as obviously the vast bulk of the money is in multiplayer for them. 

On 24/09/2022 at 20:32, whoareyaaa said:

surely they will keep the online current map and add the new one into it so both maps are playable

I doubt there'll be any sort of integration (besides maybe menu prompts to switch from V/VI maps at the loading screen if both are installed) - I would imagine they'll keep GTA V's GTAO active for a while but with no new content (probably just a cycle of weekly bonuses for gunrunning/races etc if the player base remains strong), maybe additions to the Community Series at most. GTA VI's online map will probably be entirely standalone - to require both installed would take up so much disk space, and VI will probably be running on a vastly different version of the RAGE engine from what V uses so it'd be much more of a headache to update and integrate V's map alongside VI with little to no reward.

I wouldn't be surprised if the map is designed to have additions made to it at later date though (like Cayo Perico, but new areas that you can access at will that aren't separated by a loading screen)

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

On 20/09/2022 at 13:18, moore_94 said:

Yeah still very popular

https://activeplayer.io/grand-theft-auto-v/

They make hundreds of millions a year just from Shark Cards as well so they have no reason to scale it back or stop updates etc.

The online is really fun and you can spend a lot of hours on it just messing around with mates, doing races, missions together etc.

I've no idea why you'd buy shark cards these days. I always used to sit on around 5-15m in game, I went through a phase about a year ago of doing the Cayo Perico heist on my own once a day, sometimes more. Can do from start to finish within an hour once you've nailed the efficiency of everything. Bare minimum setup work done and you get 1 to 1.3m every time. I'm now sat on 275m and set for life lol

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

I've no idea why you'd buy shark cards these days. I always used to sit on around 5-15m in game, I went through a phase about a year ago of doing the Cayo Perico heist on my own once a day, sometimes more. Can do from start to finish within an hour once you've nailed the efficiency of everything. Bare minimum setup work done and you get 1 to 1.3m every time. I'm now sat on 275m and set for life lol

This week I'm battering the Auto Shop contracts while they're on double pay. The Union Depository one pays out $540k and takes about 25 minutes all in when you know how to approach it, bookend that with 2 of Franklin's Payphone hits and that's $710k for half an hour's work! 

58 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

What do you need all that money for? Genuine question.

If thats aimed at me then you don't need it I guess. But it's just a bonus for actually playing the game. The Cayo Perico heist is obviously repetitive but it ended up becoming a speed run challenge to see if I can do it from start to finish in under an hour, to see if I can do the finale in under 8mins. But it helps fund any property and whatever else needed when they release big new updates which I started to find could cost in excess of 10m.

It's like having savings really, and I find the grind is enjoyable (particularly seeing how efficiently you can make cash, and how you evolve your grind to make money fast). Personally I don't really bother with heists, I go for payphone hits, gunrunning/excess gun parts/nightclub maintenance and warehouse sell missions, VIP work (headhunter w/ Oppressor, sightseer, plowed) and whatever weekly bonuses are offered to, provided they're enjoyable jobs. I'm always doing the maths in my head too - one of my mates plays a lot and he does loads of the vehicle cargo missions, but when I did it I realised the absolute most you can make is $80k ($100k for a top-tier car, minus the $20k for modifications), you have to collect it first, take it back to the warehouse, mod it, then you have to drop it off in immaculate condition which is easier said than done. So that's $80k max for 15-20 minutes leg work. 1 payphone hit is $85k, start from anywhere, and they're never more than 5 minutes if you have an Oppressor or even a helicopter etc

I was wasting time with meth/cocaine biker missions too til I realised how poor the profit:time is. If you get stuck with the bin lorries, postal van or boats you're talking 20-30 minutes per sell for about $80k profit (assuming you buy supplies)

But yeah, everything that gets added in is generally more and more expensive. You have the money ready there waiting and you can buy the stuff outright with all the upgrades and not worry about what you'll need to do next to recoup your funds

• 10 months later...

Take-Two CFO saying to "expect record levels of operating performance" for the next financial year (April 2024 to March 2025)

Surely September '24 release for it then?

*Edit* P.S @moore_94change the title to GTA VI!

Edited by Zear0
poke

41 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Last thing i heard is that the next update on GTA5 will be the last one before all focus shifts to GTA6. God i hope this game is as good as rumors suggest. This really does have the potential to be the greatest game ever made

Perhaps it's an unpopular opinion, but a game that relies on the basic premise of just causing modern-day mayhem as both a gameplay mechanic and a plot device in the way all the GTA titles do will never be the greatest game ever made. It just adds a shallowness to plot, characterisation and story that other, better games don't have.

Don't get me wrong, all of the marquee GTA's from Vice City onward have been superb titles and GTA V really pushed the envelope in terms of its voice acting and how detailed various elements were, but I'd pick Mass Effect 2, either of the Horizon titles or God of War Ragnarok, even likely Red Dead 2, over any GTA title in terms of "Greatest Game Ever Made" on technical and storytelling merit, no matter what elements the next title might come up with.

Of course, that is just my take and as per above they are great games worth playing, but as someone who enjoys video games as a storytelling medium as well as a gameplay challenge/stress reliever/whatever else, they are second to quite a few titles IMO.

29 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Perhaps it's an unpopular opinion, but a game that relies on the basic premise of just causing modern-day mayhem as both a gameplay mechanic and a plot device in the way all the GTA titles do will never be the greatest game ever made. It just adds a shallowness to plot, characterisation and story that other, better games don't have.

Don't get me wrong, all of the marquee GTA's from Vice City onward have been superb titles and GTA V really pushed the envelope in terms of its voice acting and how detailed various elements were, but I'd pick Mass Effect 2, either of the Horizon titles or God of War Ragnarok, even likely Red Dead 2, over any GTA title in terms of "Greatest Game Ever Made" on technical and storytelling merit, no matter what elements the next title might come up with.

Of course, that is just my take and as per above they are great games worth playing, but as someone who enjoys video games as a storytelling medium as well as a gameplay challenge/stress reliever/whatever else, they are second to quite a few titles IMO.

Its all subjective. My absolute fave games are story based. Agree totally with your choice of games. The Mass Effect trilogy (and Andromeda) i absolutely loved. No reason why GTA6 cant have amazing story telling and character building. As an overall package though if GTA6 gets it right regarding Visuals, map size, story, mission variety and overall things to do (when ot causing mayhem) then it will absolutely be viewed (by many) as the greatest. 

The idea of being able to cause modern day mayhem with no backlash (by obviously not doing it in real life) will appeal to many people. 

Either way there wont be a mission better than the suicide mission in ME2. Only played it for the first time ever a couple of years ago. Such an amazing complex trilogy