Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Permafrost

Man Utd away - Sat 2 April 17:30

6 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Is the Old Trafford train station just outside the away end in use these days? Does anyone use it?

I don't believe so. Your best bet is to get the train to Deansgate or Oxford Road, then get the tram to Old Trafford (Altrincham Line) from Deansgate Castlefield (30 secs walk from Deansgate, 5 min walk from Oxford Road).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Is the Old Trafford train station just outside the away end in use these days? Does anyone use it?

Not any more but it's pretty easy to get to either Manchester ground.

Just get tram.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, l444ry said:

It has been stopped for ‘safety reasons’.

And the fleet of buses on Chester Road back to town has been stopped because the Mancs got violent on the staff. Morons. So it’s wait for ages for the tiny trams or walk - your best option  if you want to get the last train home.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's changed at all but I promised never to return to Old Trafford as IMO it was one of the worst away experiences. 

Just a heads up for those going that you're not allowed to take a bag with you (even a small one) and have to pay to stick it in a disorganised storage place. Unless this has changed without me knowing. 

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

Not sure if it's changed at all but I promised never to return to Old Trafford as IMO it was one of the worst away experiences. 

Just a heads up for those going that you're not allowed to take a bag with you (even a small one) and have to pay to stick it in a disorganised storage place. Unless this has changed without me knowing. 

This is a good point to raise, stung me for a fiver even with essential meds for my son. Made me take the meds in seperately. Really annoyed me at the time tbh, I even took to twitter for a moan 😂

• Like 1

On 24/03/2022 at 16:41, l444ry said:

I don't think so but Trafford Park (by the cricket Old T) is a mile away and a very easy walk - used that last time I was there with no drama.  Metro is probably a better shout for regularity etc.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Balj said:

I don't think so but Trafford Park (by the cricket Old T) is a mile away and a very easy walk - used that last time I was there with no drama.  Metro is probably a better shout for regularity etc.

Went by Metrolink to Exchange Quay which has a pub directly opposite the stop and is a 15 minutes walk to Old Trafford. Was full of City supporters so might venture there again.

9 hours ago, County Fox said:

Have one ticket available (Concession - Senior/OAP) available for this game.

Obviously only looking for face value £15 and for someone willing to come and collect the ticket. DM/PM me if interested

5 hours ago, County Fox said:

This has now been sold

Cool as Leicester black card holder @ £15? lol

• Haha 1

On 27/03/2022 at 11:19, Collymore said:

Can you take a man bag?

Asking for a friend!

• Haha 1

No works on the Metrolink this weekend, which is great news. Here's the official TFGM advice for going to the game:

Manchester United host Leicester at Old Trafford at 5.30pm on Saturday 2 April.

If you're travelling to watch the fixture our key advice is:

• Expect the roads around the ground to be busy from 4pm as people drive travel to the stadium. If you have to drive to the game, allow additional time for your journey and remember roadworks are taking place on Trafford Road.

Metrolink

There are a number of stops within easy walking distance of the ground:

Supporters can park for free at Parkway Park and Ride and board the tram to Wharfside - which is only a five-minute walk to the stadium. There are also several other free Park and Rides available - Click here for more options

Tickets

We encourage passengers to pay via contactless especially for events, to beat the queue at the ticket machines. If you decide to pay for your ticket this way, please remember that the ticket you are purchasing is for one adult only. It is not possible to touch-in and out for multiple tickets.

If you are travelling with children, a child or family travelcard will need to be purchased from the ticket machine.

Make a day of it at The Trafford Centre

You can also make a day of it with a trip to The Trafford Centre before the match where you can do a spot of shopping or grab something to eat!

You can visit the centre and catch the Trafford Park Line to the ground, alighting at Wharfside.

Driving

Traffic on the roads around the Trafford area is expected to be busy from around 4pm. Trafford Road and Chester Road are expected to have significantly increased journey times.

In addition, major roadworks are also taking place on Trafford Road which are leading to increased journey times.

If you are travelling to the official car parks then the quickest route is via M60 Junction 9, Parkway and Wharfside Way.

Bus

The post-match shuttle bus will not be operating for this fixture.

If you are intending to catch a bus to Old Trafford the following commercial bus services will bring you closest to the ground – 250, 255, 256, 263 and x50.

Journey times could also be impacted due to the increased levels of traffic, so be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time for your travel.

Services are operating to a normal timetable but for more information consider following @StagecoachGM on twitter.

Walking

Old Trafford is easily accesible on foot from local areas - beat the traffic and take a stroll to and from the match.

We are encouraging everyone who is within 30 minutes of the stadium to make their journey to the match on foot. Earn that half time pie!

From the city centre it's a 45-minute walk along the Bridgewater Canal.

Click here to see all local areas within a 30-minute walk of Old Trafford

• Like 1