Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Permafrost

Man Utd away - Sat 2 April 17:30

2 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Insane that so many standing were left when seats were sold out. For a saturday evening away game as well.

Damning reflection of our fan base.

Surely everyone will stand anyways? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Insane that so many standing were left when seats were sold out. For a saturday evening away game as well.

Damning reflection of our fan base.

Irrelevant as people will stand anyway.

I was gonna go in the new standing block but it's at the back so I just went where I normally go, granted seated, but I still stand.

51 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I was gonna go in the new standing block but it's at the back so I just went where I normally go, granted seated, but I still stand.

So that's telling lcfc to forget any rail seating at the kp then, fans would rather stand in the seated area than dedicated rail seating area.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

He'll stand where he wants, he'll stand where he waaantts, Fox92, he'll stand where he wants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, red5 said:

So that's telling lcfc to forget any rail seating at the kp then, fans would rather stand in the seated area than dedicated rail seating area.

No, just 99% of fans will stand so he's saying he will go where he wants to. Rail seating is pretty irrelevant in away ends tbh apart from stopping the odd fall during celebrations.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, red5 said:

Pretty much what @ren said.

OP was implying fans would rather sit than go in a standing area which is just false. Our support, in terms of noise, ain’t brilliant but people try and knock it at any opportunity.

In reality 90% of our away ends stand, it’s only the first few rows that sit. That was my point. 

Yeah sorry those rail tickets are in a rotten part of the stand. Had no interest in going there. If you want to push the narrative that the club are going to use this as evidence people don't want to stand, then you're aiming at the wrong target. The 2,800 standing in the seated sections should be telling the club that there is demand to stand.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fox92 said:

As someone who I thought goes to a lot of aways, surely you're aware of the huge proportion of sitters we have away from home.

I'm all for people going where they want and standing regardless but to expand on my original point, it's disconcerting that the most undesired section for most of our fans is where singing is most likely.

Edited by Sir Steve Howard

11 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

As someone who I thought goes to a lot of aways, surely you're aware of the huge proportion of sitters we have away from home.

I'm all for people going where they want and standing regardless but to expand on my original point, it's disconcerting that the most undesired section for most of our fans is where singing is most likely.

Yeah I'm aware but it's usually the first few rows. Most, if not all, aways I've been too in recent years I get in areas, centrally, where everyone else stands.

As I said, people knock our lack of noise but numbers we take are consistently good and I'd say 90% stand.

I don't think singing is most likely to be in that one little standing section tbh and that was my point. As I said, it's right at the back where people would have been stood and signing anyway.

If the first 15 rows sat, and there was this safe standing behind which spanned more than a block, then I'd have gone and stood but in reality it'll only be the first 5, if that, rows that sit.

1 hour ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

This season 99% of our away fans have been stood bar perhaps Brentford.

It’s just the worst block in general which is why it was ‘unpopular’. 

• Like 3