Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Praet

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is hard to understand why he has been so poor!!!

A language problem would have been anticipated prior to him coming here, Tielemans and the Belgian contingent would no doubt speak French. Rodgers speaks several languages to some extent, so instructions would not be so difficult to impart. On the pitch it is as if the highest level he has ever played was on the local park, too slow on the ball, people running past him and him not reacting or knowing what to do. Whoever this player is, he is not the one we brought to this club.

It’s not uncommon for players from abroad especially really young players to take time to adapt to everything from lifestyle change to the intensity/quality of the prem… I have no doubt he’ll come good as he has a lot of qualities a player needs to succeed in this league which we’ve seen little glimpses of, now we seem to be leaning towards running a formation that has 2 box to box cms ahead of Ndidi I personally think will suit him in the long run just like it will Praet if we have him back next season 

Edited by dbtcity

11 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

It’s not uncommon for players from abroad especially really young players to take time to adapt to everything from lifestyle change to the intensity/quality of the prem… I have no doubt he’ll come good as he has a lot of qualities a player needs to succeed in this league which we’ve seen little glimpses of

.....I have seen the YouTube videos and he looks like a terrific player!!!

I posted that I believe him to be a special player and would turn us into a team that could compete with anyone, for him not to show any of those attributes that I have witnessed is very strange. KDH has in a sense taken his role in the team, and has taken his chance well, but it does not explain, even if Rodgers has chosen to deploy him in a manner that is not suitable to his skillset, that he should appear to be so overawed by his position in games.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

It’s not uncommon for players from abroad especially really young players to take time to adapt to everything from lifestyle change to the intensity/quality of the prem… I have no doubt he’ll come good as he has a lot of qualities a player needs to succeed in this league which we’ve seen little glimpses of, now we seem to be leaning towards running a formation that has 2 box to box cms ahead of Ndidi I personally think will suit him in the long run just like it will Praet if we have him back next season 

....Rodgers either had no faith in Praet or did not want to play with two #8s!!!

We will have to wait for Tielemans to leave in order to see where Rodgers wants to take this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Because we have tried to play him in a role he doesn't and has never played before.

I do agree with what you've said but how good he looked before he came and the strengths of his game, tackling, running with the ball, passing, everything looked brilliant. Even being asked to do something a bit different I would have thought he'd have coped easily. It's not like we've asked him to play in goal.

I generally don't get that impressed by YouTube videos of players but I thought he looked an awesome player. Everything he could do looked like it would suit us and the premier league but i can't remember being so excited and so disappointed in a player before.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....I have seen the YouTube videos and he looks like a terrific player!!!

I posted that I believe him to be a special player and would turn us into a team that could compete with anyone, for him not to show any of those attributes that I have witnessed is very strange. KDH has in a sense taken his role in the team, and has taken his chance well, but it does not explain, even if Rodgers has chosen to deploy him in a manner that is not suitable to his skillset, that he should appear to be so overawed by his position in games.

Pretty much what I was trying to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking certain to be back next season so maybe we can get away with not replacing Youri. A diamond of Ndidi,  Praet , KDH and Maddison looks pretty sound with Mendy, Choudury , Soumare and Albrighton as back up. That needs Jimmy to stay fit of course as we have no obvious stand in .This maybe controversial but bringing Wright back and having him available as an option could work. Players like Maddison don't grow on trees and anybody of his quality will be expensive. Somehow the days of a lone striker and two wide men may be over. We are much tighter defensively with a diamond.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Looking certain to be back next season so maybe we can get away with not replacing Youri. A diamond of Ndidi,  Praet , KDH and Maddison looks pretty sound with Mendy, Choudury , Soumare and Albrighton as back up. That needs Jimmy to stay fit of course as we have no obvious stand in .This maybe controversial but bringing Wright back and having him available as an option could work. Players like Maddison don't grow on trees and anybody of his quality will be expensive. Somehow the days of a lone striker and two wide men may be over. We are much tighter defensively with a diamond.

Not doubting you, but on what do you base that?  it's hard to imagine either Rodgers or Praet want anything to do with each other at this point.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Not doubting you, but on what do you base that?  it's hard to imagine either Rodgers or Praet want anything to do with each other at this point.

Time to bring out the peace pipes I would suggest. We have nowhere near had our moneys worth out of Praet.

• Like 2

We need good squad players, especially if we stay in the cups and are jammy enough to be in a European competition

Assuming we have a Youri shaped hole in midfield, I say we dont try and fill it but play around it.

Dennis is a good player, no worse for injuries than half of our squad the last 2 years.

Maybe he aint a dynamo but KDH, Ndidi and maybe that Soumare chappy and even Madders can be dynamos. Dennis can play

If he wants us, I want him

24 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

We need good squad players, especially if we stay in the cups and are jammy enough to be in a European competition

Assuming we have a Youri shaped hole in midfield, I say we dont try and fill it but play around it.

Dennis is a good player, no worse for injuries than half of our squad the last 2 years.

Maybe he aint a dynamo but KDH, Ndidi and maybe that Soumare chappy and even Madders can be dynamos. Dennis can play

If he wants us, I want him

.....Praet will not be a part of anything to do with this team next season!!!

Too much has happened and there is obviously no meeting of the minds for those two. He is either sold in the summer or goes back out on loan.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Too much has happened and there is obviously no meeting of the minds for those two. He is either sold in the summer or goes back out on loan.

I never was very good at analysing relationship issues, just think he is a good enough player for Leicester.

Might change my mind when a more agile, forceful young Brazilian playmaker hooks up with us

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

What actually happened between Praet and Rodgers?

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Sadly this is the truth of it.  That reconciliation will never happen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheStig said:

What actually happened between Praet and Rodgers?

What we know: Rodgers continually played inferior players ahead of him and parked Praet in the reserves.  What could be conjectured - that pissed Praet off (almost certainly), and maybe words were exchanged on the subject (who knows).  You could certainly see the body language between them at times was extremely tense (for example when Praet would get pulled from a rare start after 50 or 55 minutes despite playing better than guys staying on the pitch).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Are we all assuming now that Rodgers will still be here next season? That's a big turn around in three weeks.

It seems likely with all the money we're in the tank.

48 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Are we all assuming now that Rodgers will still be here next season? That's a big turn around in three weeks.

...he has visibly changed his approach to previously ignored aspect of our game and we have taken certain things away from his control!!!

He has a different demeanour and less liable to throw people under buses in his interviews. The club feels more comfortable in allowing him to keep hold of the reigns.

It will be an interesting summer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

All part of Rodgers pig headed faults.

We dont have a problem defending set pieces.

Our slow play from the back that makes us so boring and predictable. 

1-0 up with ten to go and in no danger. So I'll take a fwd or midfielder off to defend our lead. Oh shite we now cant attack as we are short and concede 2 because we cant defend.

But its everybody else's fault as they dont do as I say. No my bad tactics and I dont care what you 30k and all the pundits say I'm right.

What do they say about craftsmen and tools.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1