Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Praet

On 24/03/2022 at 15:28, sylofox said:

All part of Rodgers pig headed faults.

We dont have a problem defending set pieces.

Our slow play from the back that makes us so boring and predictable. 

1-0 up with ten to go and in no danger. So I'll take a fwd or midfielder off to defend our lead. Oh shite we now cant attack as we are short and concede 2 because we cant defend.

But its everybody else's fault as they dont do as I say. No my bad tactics and I dont care what you 30k and all the pundits say I'm right.

What do they say about craftsmen and tools.

Dusty what's so funny in what I've said?

If they won't pay the money then he comes back.  They are pushing to loan him again as it saves them money. Absolutely no.  I don't think Dennis will want to come back though so it will be an interesting summer for him.  I think he would get more game time if Youri goes but sadly I think he won't come back.  It's a shame as on his day he is a great player but something just didn't click - tactics? Motivation? Confidence? We will never know I guess!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hales said:

If they won't pay the money then he comes back.  They are pushing to loan him again as it saves them money. Absolutely no.  I don't think Dennis will want to come back though so it will be an interesting summer for him.  I think he would get more game time if Youri goes but sadly I think he won't come back.  It's a shame as on his day he is a great player but something just didn't click - tactics? Motivation? Confidence? We will never know I guess!

It's created abit of a dilemma for us, Torino know that Praet loves it there and doesn't want to come back to Leicester.

And they cleverly now either say they want to push down the agreed 12.5 amount (to how much) or continue with the loan 😤

• Like 1

We have worse players in the squad that Rodgers have kept (Hamza, Mendy). What has Mendy done since 2016 to justify the 2 year deal he got in 2020? Coiming to 6 years at the club for Mendy and I can count on one hand how many great games he's had. Hamza is simply not good enough for this club. But yet Rodgers bombs out Praet. Clearly not based on footballing abilities. . 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Koke said:

We have worse players in the squad that Rodgers have kept (Hamza, Mendy). What has Mendy done since 2016 to justify the 2 year deal he got in 2020? Coiming to 6 years at the club for Mendy and I can count on one hand how many great games he's had. Hamza is simply not good enough for this club. But yet Rodgers bombs out Praet. Clearly not based on footballing abilities. . 

are you being serious?

he was actually one of our better players last season when ndidi was out for so long..

Edited by MPH
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, Koke said:

For starters those two play in a different role to praet. We tried to play praet in the 6 role and he wasn’t very good. I don’t think praets ever really shown that he’s a great player for us. He’s had moments in games where he’s done great things, but more often than not he was completely missing from games. He’s a good player but didn’t work out here, happens all the time to all clubs.

I’m not sure why some people are so passionate about him? It’s also really strange that you use him as a reason to have a go at Rodgers. 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Or more simply maybe they are both happy to be squad players and Praet isn't.

Edited by coolhandfox

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

For starters those two play in a different role to praet. We tried to play praet in the 6 role and he wasn’t very good. I don’t think praets ever really shown that he’s a great player for us. He’s had moments in games where he’s done great things, but more often than not he was completely missing from games. He’s a good player but didn’t work out here, happens all the time to all clubs.

I’m not sure why some people are so passionate about him? It’s also really strange that you use him as a reason to have a go at Rodgers. 

.....playing Praet as a #6 is not a position you would expect to see him in, it would have had to be a matter of desperation to have done so!!!

Playing him with the intention of him giving support to the wide and forward players, and even getting ahead of the forwards is what he does best. We have played with a diamond and also two #8s where he would have excelled, but we made no attempt to do so, whilst Praet was here.

• Like 1

Perhaps we won't see Praet, Mendy or Choudhury in the squad next season.  Along with Jakupivic, Perez, Bertrand and Vestegaard, they would seem to be the players most likely to be considered surplus to requirements. 

Without any of the above mentioned, if Lookman stays, we have 21 players with a need to reinforce rw and dm.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, majaco said:

Perhaps we won't see Praet, Mendy or Choudhury in the squad next season.  Along with Jakupivic, Perez, Bertrand and Vestegaard, they would seem to be the players most likely to be considered surplus to requirements. 

Without any of the above mentioned, if Lookman stays, we have 21 players with a need to reinforce rw and dm.

Plus probably Tielemans and Soyunchu maybe others. We might get a couple of retirements. Could be a massive rebuild in the summer. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, majaco said:

Who's going to pay money for some of them, Perez and Vestergaard in particular. They're probably on good wages that wouldn't be replecated elsewhere, would you move? Sometimes it's equally as difficult to get rid as to get.

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Who's going to pay money for some of them, Perez and Vestergaard in particular. They're probably on good wages that wouldn't be replecated elsewhere, would you move? Sometimes it's equally as difficult to get rid as to get.

he scored for Denmark this weekend so that kind of thing can help.

On 27/03/2022 at 21:30, volpeazzurro said:

He also let 4 goals in, that kind of thing doesn't 🤣🤣.

Perhaps we should just stick him up front where he can do least damage?

We’ve had success with that in the 1990s (to be fair, Walsh and Elliott were also actual good defenders)

• Like 1

Praet will be sold. He’s stuck at the in-between place in terms of his squad place. He’s not as good as the starting CM, but he’s better than the likes of Hamza.

He is a tidy enough player, but that’s about as far as it goes. He will do better in Italy, and we can get probably over £10m for him, so it would be a win, win. 

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Praet will be sold. He’s stuck at the in-between place in terms of his squad place. He’s not as good as the starting CM, but he’s better than the likes of Hamza.

He is a tidy enough player, but that’s about as far as it goes. He will do better in Italy, and we can get probably over £10m for him, so it would be a win, win. 

He's another who loves a 2-3 month injury of a season, we might struggle to shift him for serious benjamin's

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's another who loves a 2-3 month injury of a season, we might struggle to shift him for serious benjamin's

As you know Ric ,Dennis is on nearly £4 million a year. So unless we flog him cheap very few potential buyers are going to match that.

• Like 1