Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2023 at 12:08, Supergray22 said:

Falls squarely on Rudkin. 

...the devaluation would have been done with the exclusion from the matchday first eleven by Rodgers!!!

A conversation should have taken place between Rodgers and Rudkin when this matter continued. A meeting between the three of them should have convened and a resolution should have been made whatever was the final outcome of the meeting. If this matter could no longer be resolved and the player refused to extend his contract with more than a year to run, then we would need to seek to sell him.

However, if the player refused to go and did not sign a contract extension, then we would have been powerless to recoup any monies from a sale. Rudkin could only attempt to mediate in this scenario, he could have threatened a breach of contract by Soyuncu, but that could have backfired or aired "dirty laundry" in the public domain.

Whatever Soyuncu did, must have been so egregious that Rodgers felt that he could no longer work with him, yet he had him constantly sitting on the bench. This was not LCFC's finest moment of man management, but I would not put the blame on Rudkin.

I understand what you are saying and don’t diasagree here but Rudkin is director of football. He should be stepping in when players are running down contracts and also when these disputes happen. I am not suggesting that rogers isn’t to blame here also but as Rudkin is reporting to the board he should also have been making them aware of the situation and understanding of the consequences. The situation regarding both Rogers and Soyuncu should not have been allowed to drift and escalate as it has with other issues. I should have stated that there is collective responsibility here. If we go down then the rebuild should also cover all aspects of management responsibility to ensure we get it right going forward. 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the devaluation would have been done with the exclusion from the matchday first eleven by Rodgers!!!

A conversation should have taken place between Rodgers and Rudkin when this matter continued. A meeting between the three of them should have convened and a resolution should have been made whatever was the final outcome of the meeting. If this matter could no longer be resolved and the player refused to extend his contract with more than a year to run, then we would need to seek to sell him.

However, if the player refused to go and did not sign a contract extension, then we would have been powerless to recoup any monies from a sale. Rudkin could only attempt to mediate in this scenario, he could have threatened a breach of contract by Soyuncu, but that could have backfired or aired "dirty laundry" in the public domain.

Whatever Soyuncu did, must have been so egregious that Rodgers felt that he could no longer work with him, yet he had him constantly sitting on the bench. This was not LCFC's finest moment of man management, but I would not put the blame on Rudkin.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Good enough to play for Atletico Madrid, but considered not good enough according to Rodgers for LCFC. Clearly demonstrates what an absolute prat Rodgers is.

Horrible little Goblin 🤬🤬

On 02/06/2023 at 09:32, Fox1norfolk said:

Good enough to play for Atletico Madrid, but considered not good enough according to Rodgers for LCFC. Clearly demonstrates what an absolute prat Rodgers is.

Or that he fell out with Rodgers and downed tools! 

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Alright, Brendan.

I know people on here like to think of Soyuncu busting a gut in training and just getting overlooked because Rodgers had something against him. I'd be very surprised if that was the case. He didn't get his move last summer and likely wasn't happy. We should have obviously sold him then though. 

32 minutes ago, Viva said:

I know people on here like to think of Soyuncu busting a gut in training and just getting overlooked because Rodgers had something against him. I'd be very surprised if that was the case. He didn't get his move last summer and likely wasn't happy. We should have obviously sold him then though. 

If he wasn’t training and was unfit, no way would he have been able to just turn it on when he got his call up from Smith. 

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

If he wasn’t training and was unfit, no way would he have been able to just turn it on when he got his call up from Smith. 

A couple of good matches when you are likely wanting to stick two fingers up at Rodgers doesn't necessarily show a great deal. We still managed to let in two goals a game with him in the team. 

4 hours ago, Viva said:

Or that he fell out with Rodgers and downed tools! 

...you do not put him on the bench for every game, you put him on the transfer list and let him train away from the first team!!!

Rodgers cannot handle players who have an opinion and a strong personality. 

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you do not put him on the bench for every game, you put him on the transfer list and let him train away from the first team!!!

Rodgers cannot handle players who have an opinion and a strong personality. 

You can't sell anyone when the transfer window closes. He was still a better option than Vestergaard, so was needed on the bench. 

2 hours ago, Viva said:

...if he is not doing what he is contracted to do in training and he had downed tools, then we would have been looking at a breach of contract!!!

A sit down conversation between the player and the manager and a third party (Human Resources) should have been enough to resolve this issue, one way or another. Either way, all parties should have been aware of how to proceed in this situation,  but him sitting on the bench every game seems a dereliction of duty by the club. There was no resolution to the situation as he was still sitting on the bench every game  with no chance of coming on to the pitch. How is that supporting the player?

9 minutes ago, Viva said:

You can't sell anyone when the transfer window closes. He was still a better option than Vestergaard, so was needed on the bench. 

...I  understand that the window was closed, I am just stating that he should have been informed that he would be transferred in the next available window!!!

He was never going to come on, we played him once when it was clear he was carrying an injury,  yet Rodgers proclaimed he was an exemplary trainer and a pleasure to work with, all becuse he needed to play with a back three. Next game, he was not available due to an injury, surprise surprise. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  understand that the window was closed, I am just stating that he should have been informed that he would be transferred in the next available window!!!

He was never going to come on, we played him once when it was clear he was carrying an injury,  yet Rodgers proclaimed he was an exemplary trainer and a pleasure to work with, all becuse he needed to play with a back three. Next game, he was not available due to an injury, surprise surprise. 

He signed a pre contract in January with Atletico. His future was sorted then. 

27 minutes ago, Viva said:

He signed a pre contract in January with Atletico. His future was sorted then. 

...he was not getting game time since August 2022!!!

His first game in the season was in October 2022. His next game was February 2023. We could have put him up for transfer prior to the start of last season.

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he was not getting game time since August 2022!!!

His first game in the season was in October 2022. His next game was February 2023. We could have put him up for transfer prior to the start of last season.

As I said previously, yes we should have just sold him last summer. However, when we didn’t, we were stuck with him. We don’t know if his attitude changed once last summers window closed and he didn’t get the move he probably wanted. 

We obviously had no money to buy any other players last summer, so Rodgers probably thought we had better keep him in the squad. 

19 minutes ago, Viva said:

As I said previously, yes we should have just sold him last summer. However, when we didn’t, we were stuck with him. We don’t know if his attitude changed once last summers window closed and he didn’t get the move he probably wanted. 

We obviously had no money to buy any other players last summer, so Rodgers probably thought we had better keep him in the squad. 

...my initial take on this was that if a player fails to conform and does not show the right attitude behind closed doors you would exact some kind of punishment or instigate fines as a consequence!!!

We have not heard of any punitive action having been carried out by the club and other players were chosen ahead of him, even though he was clearly available. Amartey was chosen game after game and became a fixture in the team when he was in effect a 4th choice team member.

Soyuncu is now off to join Simeone and good luck to him.

Rodgers lied about the situation, it was not in the best interest of the player to be out of the game for so long, and certainly not in the best interest of the club for it to have happened. 

• 1 month later...