Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

Tenuous to say the least!!

but I’ve seen worse on here

SIN THE BAG 

Turkish billionaire Muhsin Bayrak claims delegation has met with Chelsea over takeover as club ‘agree Soyuncu transfer

TURKISH tycoon Muhsin Bayrak says he is closing in on buying Chelsea - but a government ban on Blues owner Roman Abramovich doing business in the UK has complicated the sale of the club.

After claiming last week he had struck a deal with Abramovich to take over at Stamford Bridge, Bayrak now says his lawyers have met with representatives from the club.

And as head-spinning developments at the Blues continue, it has been reported by SonDakika the club have agreed to sign Leicester and Turkey centre-half Caglar Soyuncu, 25, for £35million this summer.

On the potential sale, Bayrak told Turkish daily newspaper Yeni Safak: "We have been in talks for about a week. 

"Today, our delegation officially started to meet with Chelsea Sports Club executives in London. 

The good news is yours. Let’s share it with you. 

"The numbers are very low. I won’t say much in terms of numbers. It will be announced to the whole world press anyway.”

SonDakika report Barcelona are also keen on 42-cap Turkey star Soyuncu, who signed for the Foxes from German side Freiburg in 2018. 

But they add 'Chelsea shook hands' with the player and a '42 million euros' agreement is now in place.

Soyuncu has established himself as a top-level performer in the Premier League but has been off-the-boil in a struggling Leicester side this season.

14 hours ago, MPH said:

crikey. If we get £35m for cags then that’s top bombing.

.....I think a lot of people will see it this way, but he is worth a lot more!!!

He only has to go to a top top club in any European League alongside an intelligent and astute Centre Back and he will be shown to be the exceptional defender that he is. There are moments that he has looked world class and his game and confidence has recently improved, but Amartey seems to have taken the lead in the partnership, time and experience will afford him the chance to be that player.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BigGibbo said:

Desperate for this to be true. 🙏

35M would be robbing them and we could buy a couple of desperately needed competent defenders to replace him, Vestergaard & Bertrand for that.

Whilst it would be robbing them we could go and spend that £35m on another vestergaard, Bertrand and Benkovic..

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....I think a lot of people will see it this way, but he is worth a lot more!!!

He only has to go to a top top club in any European League alongside an intelligent and astute Centre Back and he will be shown to be the exceptional defender that he is. There are moments that he has looked world class and his game and confidence has recently improved, but Amartey seems to have taken the lead in the partnership, time and experience will afford him the chance to be that player.

I tend to agree. Yes his form has been up and down and mainly down since the euros. But either we got exceptionally lucky when he 1st replaced Harry, or he just needs a calm head alongside him. I'd definitely be annoyed if we only got 35 million for him in the current market. 

I'm not adverse to him leaving. But I'd like to see us hold out for more if he was to go. 

• Like 2

No one tell Chelsea how good he is in a back 3 :ph34r: 

In all seriousness though, playing alongside Silva telling him what to do, and a team who will dominate possession he could be an astute purchase as a ball playing CB for them. That is if they can make signings come the summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

In all seriousness though, playing alongside Silva telling him what to do, and a team who will dominate possession he could be an astute purchase as a ball playing CB for them. That is if they can make signings come the summer.

You just know he'd go there and be a blast, score about 8 a season from corners as well to really rub it in.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Silva will be turning 38 when the season starts. Sooner or later he has to lose it, the guys a machine to still be going this strong at 37. I still think Soyuncu has become underated by a lot of fans because he hasn't had a decent partner at the back and no faith in whoever he is playing with. He has started to look a little more comfortable now that he has a bit of trust in Amartey but let's face it Amartey isn't a great Centre back. Excellent squad player and far better than Vestergaard but then again who isn't. As soon as Fofana is back and settled in Soyuncu will look much, much better I reckon as he can focus on his job and not be worried about what is happening alongside him or behind him. 

He’s two different players. When he’s playing with confidence he’s really great. Seems to pick up so many loose balls, win headers, make tackles. And we’ve seen in the last few games how great his distribution can be. He’s dropped several passes over the heads of the defence onto Barnes and albrightons feet. 

But when he’s low on confidence he is terrible. He second guesses everything so is always lake to tackles or caught in no man’s land and is easily by passed. Then when he gets the ball he gets rid of it as soon as possible, often playing a pass that puts someone else in danger. 

From his from over the past couple of season I think we should probably sell and get someone more reliable. He could easily be a star at somewhere like chelsea, but if it starts going wrong and the boo boys come out then I think he’d struggle a lot. 

43 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Soyuncu has played the last 18 months with some weird and wonderful centre back pairings.

He's not someone I'd look to sell unless a ridiculous offer came in - I don't see £35m being that ridiculous.

In the summer i'd let Vestergaard go, i'd sign a solid defender like Tarkowski as well as someone like Levi Colwill. Go into the next season with Colwill, Soyuncu, Fofana, Tarkowski and Evans.

I can't see Vestergaard leaving, unless he himself is prepared to take a pay cut.

I think the best we can hope for is a Slimani type situation where he is perpetually loaned out for a decent proportion of his wages.

In terms of Soyuncu, I'd let him go for the figures being quoted and use to strengthen elsewhere. Keep Amartey as the utility centre half.

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Soyuncu has played the last 18 months with some weird and wonderful centre back pairings.

He's not someone I'd look to sell unless a ridiculous offer came in - I don't see £35m being that ridiculous.

In the summer i'd let Vestergaard go, i'd sign a solid defender like Tarkowski as well as someone like Levi Colwill. Go into the next season with Colwill, Soyuncu, Fofana, Tarkowski and Evans.

He's going to be out of contract soon, you take what people are willing to give that's reasonable. 

• Like 4

Evans looks close to be no more than a bit part, so his marshalling of the defence may not be available for much longer, and if Soyuncu still needs that, then I would look to cash in whilst he has a decent value.

• Like 1

He's shown he's not the main man. He had a chance to really show his worth this year and instead he's been shown up by big Dan. 

I love cags but regardless of whether we want to keep him or not, if he's not signing a new contract it's time to sell and get what we can. 

For the record I think he'd be awesome at a bug club. That big club would suit him I think

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We're desperate for a leader back there, Soyuncu isn't that. If Wes is the other main man, we need someone solid, dependable and a leader next to him. 

Tarkowski…. :scarf:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

We're desperate for a leader back there, Soyuncu isn't that. If Wes is the other main man, we need someone solid, dependable and a leader next to him. 

...you are right regarding having a steady player in the backline, someone like Botman would be a great acquisition!!!

It also does not stop me from looking at Chris Richards to partner Fofana, it will have pace, energy, on the ball skills and Richards is someone who looks to get his head on to balls in both boxes.

• Like 2