Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

How fast can you run a 5k?

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Congrats. I might enter one soon, not sure about London unless I got a ballot entry as raising that about of money is tough.

Anyone got any tips on any good ones to enter? Thinking Europe wide.

Amsterdam would be a good shout.

People rave about Manchester, Brighton is great fun but my absolute favourite is Marathon Eryri. Absolutely magical. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, waddadamadda said:

Amsterdam would be a good shout.

People rave about Manchester, Brighton is great fun but my absolute favourite is Marathon Eryri. Absolutely magical. 

Snowdon marathon sounds quite hilly. Bare in mind when I ran one last week by the end even curbs were a challenge.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Snowdon marathon sounds quite hilly. Bare in mind when I ran one last week by the end even curbs were a challenge.

It’s genuinely the most race I’ve ever entered. As the official footage shows, unless you’re first runner then you walk the inclines. I thought I’d hate it but I cried at the finish as I didn’t want it to end. The flatness of London destroyed my legs today. 

First time in a while I had to run 3k constantly. Not the best of times at 26 minutes for 3k, but got it done. The next part of my training looks like it will be a B*****d. 

1km warm up

30 seconds rest

400m at an increased pace

rest 90 seconds 

repeat x6 

1km warm down. 

It makes sense, as it is trying to push that anerobic level down to an aerobic level, but I am not looking forward to Wednesday morning! haha. I prefer the slower and easier runs of a Friday! lol

Latest park run report. 

Market Bosworth Country Park. Smallish field for this - 150ish. Came 21st at just over 24 mins. Very small section of grass and then trails. Right sort of challenge with a climb per loop. 

My latest speed kick is really helping me. Squeezed a run in today after the morning rain, 7k under 35 mins. 

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Since my long run the other week I’ve intermittently suffered what I can only describe as a bruised knee without and physical signs of bruising, any ideas what it might be?

You mean it feels like it's bruised? 

What part of the knee?

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah, the knee cap. It comes and goes and I have been able to run in the gym.

Top or bottom?

Cannot remember for the life of me what it's called but my physio told me years ago that the soft bit immediately below the knee is about the most common place for injuries to occur.

I did my knee years ago walking down Helvellyn in ludicrously inappropriate footwear. It was incredibly painful for weeks, went away after a bit but then flared up big time when I started running. Sorted with a bit of deep tissue massage from the physio, never troubled me again since.

If it's the soft bit above the knee I find that relatively easy to treat myself because it's easy to get to. Feeling my legs now this is a bit sore so I'll have a quick go with the massage gun

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Top or bottom?

Cannot remember for the life of me what it's called but my physio told me years ago that the soft bit immediately below the knee is about the most common place for injuries to occur.

I did my knee years ago walking down Helvellyn in ludicrously inappropriate footwear. It was incredibly painful for weeks, went away after a bit but then flared up big time when I started running. Sorted with a bit of deep tissue massage from the physio, never troubled me again since.

If it's the soft bit above the knee I find that relatively easy to treat myself because it's easy to get to. Feeling my legs now this is a bit sore so I'll have a quick go with the massage gun

It tends to be on my actual knee cap so the hard bit, hopefully it’s starting to get a bit better now but was curious.

Knew when I did it I’d cause myself some kind of injury so I’ve probably got off lightly.

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

It tends to be on my actual knee cap so the hard bit, hopefully it’s starting to get a bit better now but was curious.

Knew when I did it I’d cause myself some kind of injury so I’ve probably got off lightly.

I'm as far from being an expert as it's possible to be, but I think these things are most likely to be soft tissue related. Also, the bit where the pain is isn't always where the problem lies. 

I'd get a physio to have a look as pain easing off/stopping doesn't always equal the problem having properly fixed itself.

Hope you get it sorted

• Like 1