Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

How fast can you run a 5k?

I’ll cut to the chase, I started running in lockdown and quite simply put, I have a love / detest relationship with it. 

Anyhow, I’ve tried running longer distances, which for me is 10K and I find them really boring. 

So I’ve now set myself a challenge.

How quickly can I run 5k! I’m now sub 30 minutes at a nice 29:39! I was 40 minutes plus when I started earlier this year. I want to get quicker …. So it’s over sooner. 

So my original question, How quick do you run it? 

• Like 1

There's some crazy times in this thread. Some under 20 minutes which is insane.

My PB is just under 24 mins but I've stopped running now as I just lose too much weight and I'm underweight as it is.

20:51 early in lockdown, and I was well on track to get that under 20 in 2020.

Injuries then niggles and a complete loss of motivation later, and I was just starting to get back into it early '22 and ran a 28:20 in March. Still not got full confidence back with my achilles, but getting there. Then I got covid early April and havent ran since 😂 

Still got aspirations of sub 20 (and similarly lofty targets for 10k up to marathons) but taking it one step at a time and not in any sort of rush to get back to my previous levels.

For a guy who ran an 11.2 second 100m dash in my prime i have fallen off the map.  Kids, work, pandemic, lack of motivation and excuses have pushed me to just under 40 minutes in the 5k huffing and puffing wanting to drop to the floor in pain lol

I'm trying to get back in shape, little by little.  I applaud the older crowd (for me that's 40+ lol) who have kept up with it and are sub 30 minutes. 

Everyone, keep up the good runs and smash some times!

• Like 1

Depends on terrain.  I’m more of a plodder these days than a six minute miler!

I can run at eight minute mile pace for circa 5 miles but I, fell-run these days, all off-road 8-9 miles a session, three times a week and I don’t rush, usually 9-10 minute mileing but cover 300m plus in elevation per run.

26.53 according to Strava, though imagine it would have been quicker when I somehow managed a 47 min 10k nine years ago.

Trying to pace myself at the moment as I need to get/stay in shape for my wedding and don't want any more injuries setting me back, so usually do between 28 and 30.