Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

What would you do with a lottery win?

Just now, tom27111 said:

I've PM'd you my CV, highlighting my dog shit pick up and lawn mowing skills :yesyes:

References available upon request.

Thanks, I'll put you top of the list. I'm part of a lottery syndicate at work, we've probably played 5-10 lines a week for the last 10 years, and our biggest win ever was about £50 (shared between 8 people), so you probably won't be needed any time soon lol

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Thanks, I'll put you top of the list. I'm part of a lottery syndicate at work, we've probably played 5-10 lines a week for the last 10 years, and our biggest win ever was about £50 (shared between 8 people), so you probably won't be needed any time soon lol

I think you'll need me soon, you're well overdue!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think there's a prerequisite to go public for the whole lot in one go. I've never heard of that before and suspect there'd be a huge fuss made about it if it was true. Obviously though the organisers will PILE the pressure on to go public. They'll have slick sales pitches and promises of how amazing it'll be. A proper manipulative hard sell to go public but everyone is right. Stay anonymous and enjoy it.

It'll become damn obvious to friends, neighbours, family and even work friends (when you quit suddenly) that you've come into money, but you can make up any amount really. Even if you said £5m.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2022 at 13:42, TK95 said:

Definitely not disclose it for a start. Wonder how many people will come out of the woodwork when they realise you've got cash

I'd go public for that exact reason. I don't mind admitting i have literally nobody in my life I'd consider a friend. I'd take care of my family and the In-Laws and then just sit back and wait to see how many people from my past suddenly try to make out that they ever considered me as a friend 

• Like 1

I think, anything north of £5 million, I'd just invest in building decent property at reasonable rent rates for young people. Nothing fancy but, say, the kind of place where you can pay £350 pcm for a 1 bed flat. I'd possibly do it as a charitable trust or co-op, so that it can't be bought out and sold at profit upon my death. I would also look at developing some renewable energy for it. 

Depending on the amount generated, I'd try to do as much with it as I can.

I'd probably keep maybe £2-3 million for myself, of which I'd put about £500k-1 million into a very secure savings account, generating interest. Maybe get a reasonable house but nothing fancy, as I prefer to live a modest life. A 3 bed semi with south facing garden would do me. 

Then I'd probably spend the rest of my life managing the property, doing some creative endeavours and swanning about until I'm old. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dependant on how much. But:

My mum and stepdad have their mortgage paid off and a holiday of their choice with spending money. 

Same for my brother and his family. 

Take the wider family on a holiday all of us together. 

My son and his mum, house, car, holiday plus a lump sum. 

My sons grandma from his mums side would get a new car and a smaller sum of money. 

House and car for my sons uncle, and auntie and uncle. 

Small sum to my 6 immediate work colleagues. £10k each. 

Obviously for myself, a house, two cars, a holiday home. Buy a racehorse. 

A fair amount into an account for my son. 

Live life off of the rest. 

Stash away a good amount to hep my boys on in life.

Sort UFS with enough to help them forever

Chuck a good amount at LCCC

Buy a new car

Make sure the family are all set

Help out a homeless charity out who gave me my first job

Live well after that

• Like 1