Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

What would you do with a lottery win?

Depends on the amount.

High enough amount and keep enough to live at least reasonably on the interest while the rest goes to helping make the future better, I think. Lower amount and I'd just keep working while making sure I have a good permanent roof over my head.

(With 184m) I'd try and invest in the Club for sure, a seat on the Board would be nice. I'd buy my home town team Hanwell Town as well and try and get them up to the Football League.

Realistically I'd be dead in a few years because of all the champagne and drugs...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it was silly money, I'd look for a plot of land with a nice view, away from everywhere and have a house designed to my spec and a bungalow built for my mum.
I would pay off both my brothers and my sons mortgages, so they could live rent free forever and buy a nice holiday villa somewhere in the sun, for free use for the family.

New car for sure and big holiday with all the family for maybe a month, deciding what we would do with the fortune left. 

• Like 3

As @Izzywouldn't go public.

Assuming it was a big win

Make sure myself and my extended family were all safely homed and have planned education for their kids.

Buy a nice holiday home on the beach somewhere in England as the Mrs has always wanted to live by the sea. Safe from rising seas levels,

Donate to a few charities like Prostate Cancer, Heart, and The Children's Society.

Create a fund to pay for an Executive Box in the Stadium expansion for the use of Foxestalkers for as long as the investment lasts.

Invest what's left.

But it isn't going to happen as I don't buy lottery tickets.

I wouldn't  go public firstly.

Resign from work.

Buy some property for rental.

Give some to LOROS and other great causes.

Give a good amount to my nephew and nieces to set them up and close relations ONLY.

Give some to my mates and families to enjoy on holidays or what they want.

Wouldnt blow much on material stuff as I'm not like that but would definitely  go on some great holidays with the family.

Might to a better house, but actually love where we live and the neighbours are great(Throw a massive part for the close we live on).

Main thing is the next few generations  of my family would be set for life although I still expect them to do something  worthwhile.

I actually thing an immense  amount like £184million would eventually  give you ALOT of headache that you wouldnt  imagine.

I think that couple will regret coming out in public.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I wouldn't go public for a start. 

This latest couple have had pictures of their house, kids, ex partners plastered all over the papers and if it was me, I'd remain anonymous.

With that amount of money it's a lot about tax/inheritance planning and to make sure your next generations are financially educated properly so they never have to work. I'd also give a shit load to charity out of guilt more than anything.

The material things I'd buy would be nice house/car but nothing too extravagant. Probably go around the world playing the best golf courses to keep me busy - health permitting.

Pretty sound ideas. I too would not go public. I don't think the best pro could help me on the golf course though

I've no idea why you'd choose to go public with that sort of money - maybe someone can enlighten me?

Imagine all the begging letters and hassle you'd receive. 

I reckon I'd quite enjoy the challenge of keeping it a secret and under wraps tbh 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've no idea why you'd choose to go public with that sort of money - maybe someone can enlighten me?

I reckon I'd quite enjoy the challenge of keeping it a secret and under wraps tbh 

They may well have been about to be outed? 

Maybe someone spilled the beans on the win to the tabloids? Wouldn't be the first time that someone has gone public to at least try and control some of the narrative.

I would buy a big fvck-off country pile, and then probably spend the rest on golf lessons for you, mate.  

• Haha 2

All depends on how much money for me.

If it's 184m:

• Retire from work
  • Do not go public
  • Buy vasts amounts of property and become a full time landlord, live off the rental profits for the rest of my life
  • New car
  • Pay off mum and dads mortgage, buy a house for my brother, gift some to friends and family for their own house deposits/mortgages
  • Round the world trip
  • Decent house, but nothing too massive

If it's a million or two:

• Carry on working
  • Invest in property, but obviously only three or four houses, rent them out and live comfortably for the rest of my life on the profits
  • Pay off mum and dads mortgage, give a house deposit to my brother for his house

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Know what you mean - absolutely no way I'd go to the papers directly but I don't see how you'd be able to keep it from friends and family and it's inevitable it gets out from there.

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

All depends on how much money for me.

If it's 184m:

• Retire from work
  • Do not go public
  • Buy vasts amounts of property and become a full time landlord, live off the rental profits for the rest of my life
  • New car
  • Pay off mum and dads mortgage, buy a house for my brother, gift some to friends and family for their own house deposits/mortgages
  • Round the world trip
  • Decent house, but nothing too massive

If it's a million or two:

• Carry on working
  • Invest in property, but obviously only three or four houses, rent them out and live comfortably for the rest of my life on the profits
  • Pay off mum and dads mortgage, give a house deposit to my brother for his house

With £184m in the bank im not sure you'd have to worry about rental profits my man lol

• Haha 2