Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Fox Memberships 2022/23

4 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Ridiculous when you think about it that a whole generation of youngsters  won't be able to get a season ticket.

I don't see how else they can do it though because the demand for ST's is higher than they currently can provide.

I think it works in rewarding those who regularly go to games, yes it does take a while to build them up but at least if/when you get a chance to get a ST if you're lucky in the ballot, you will have earnt it rather than for example: if they didn't have this system in place, someone who never goes to games could just come along at the end of the season and add their name to the ballot and then get selected to be a season ticket holder. If you spent a lot of money going down there regularly and they beat you to one you'd be fuming wouldn't you.

4 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I don't see how else they can do it though because the demand for ST's is higher than they currently can provide.

I think it works in rewarding those who regularly go to games, yes it does take a while to build them up but at least if/when you get a chance to get a ST if you're lucky in the ballot, you will have earnt it rather than for example: if they didn't have this system in place, someone who never goes to games could just come along at the end of the season and add their name to the ballot and then get selected to be a season ticket holder. If you spent a lot of money going down there regularly and they beat you to one you'd be fuming wouldn't you.

I get that it's just that for 3, 4 or 5 year olds they aren't going to really attend very much. I think I'm harking back to the days I took my eldest son and just got him a season ticket dead easy to see if he liked it or not. Now to get my youngest one, I've got to buy a ticket for near enough every game to be in with a chance of getting a a season ticket in about 2 seasons. I accept it's probably fairest way of doing it, just annoying 

6 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I get that it's just that for 3, 4 or 5 year olds they aren't going to really attend very much. I think I'm harking back to the days I took my eldest son and just got him a season ticket dead easy to see if he liked it or not. Now to get my youngest one, I've got to buy a ticket for near enough every game to be in with a chance of getting a a season ticket in about 2 seasons. I accept it's probably fairest way of doing it, just annoying 

If they aren’t going to attend much they don’t need a season ticket 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

If they aren’t going to attend much they don’t need a season ticket 

It's not what I meant. At those young ages they can't concentrate or fully establish if they like football or not. So what I'm saying is you have to buy tickets for nearly every home game you can even if they're not keen on attending just to get on the ladder if they do like it. As I said there's no other way of doing it I suppose when all the season tickets have sold out 

46 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

It's not what I meant. At those young ages they can't concentrate or fully establish if they like football or not. So what I'm saying is you have to buy tickets for nearly every home game you can even if they're not keen on attending just to get on the ladder if they do like it. As I said there's no other way of doing it I suppose when all the season tickets have sold out 

Ok understood makes sense. But wouldn’t this be cheaper for you? Take the kid to 7-8 games per season for a few seasons then get an STH if they like it? Rather than shelling out for an STH first off, then, god forbid, they become a rugby fan. I sincerely hope that doesn’t happen to your child 

On 22/06/2022 at 12:39, adejo92 said:

You've just said he had a membership last year but didn't go to any games?

Why should someone in that position get priority over someone who has actually been to games just because they are a 'youngster' 

If he goes to games, and builds up his points, he'll get a season ticket - pretty simple.

Exactly right.

I’ve been going since 1961 and have had a season ticket all this century and most of the 1970’s, until marriage and several ankle biters took financial priority. Because I’m 70 this summer, does it mean I must give way to a “youngster”?

We have been a family of five season ticket holders for 25 years, but a sixth member of the family now aged 42 worked Saturdays all his life until last summer. He joined as a member last year, knowing he would have to bide his time and build up points. He has renewed this year now has 30 points. He is hopeful of having 42-50 points by the end of this season to give him a chance in the next ballot.

If you are serious about wanting a season ticket, you have to accept it’s a two / three year journey; which soon goes by. Just be patient and committed and you will get that ST!!

• Thanks 4

On 20/06/2022 at 10:00, Bucks fox said:

Just renewed £32 for the standard membership as opposed to the membership+ option which is £42

Fortunate to get a ST this year so haven't needed to renew. I think the £32 no gifts option is pretty good value. OH has just received the email to renew membership at Fulham, it's gone from £40 to £50. And you don't get gifts, crap ones or otherwise. 

Edited by FoyleFox

On 02/07/2022 at 20:30, Collymore said:

Is there a deadline for getting renewal home points added on for renewing membership? 

I’ve just renewed and had 10 points added. Last season being my first membership though so I not get 10 points thereoff?

• 4 weeks later...