Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

This petty connection is getting a bit tedious now.  It would have been slightly understandable  if we were in a lower division but we're really doing ourselves a disservice living off of these scraps. 

Just feels lazy 

We are in a lower division now ….

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I do like the way the club gets the same mentality to run through the age groups from first team downwards ….

Yeah, pretty bad at every level until individuals stop bailing us out. We need serious changes at board level.

Full Time - Leicester City U21 2-2 Man Utd U21

Our goals from Madivadua and Brunt - Brunt also had a penalty saved (good save more than a bad penalty)

Madivadua I thought was our best player, Maswanhise had a good 2nd half as well

Trialist from Villa wasn't very good, poor for their first goal and gave away a silly free kick for their second goal

Hopefully it wasn't but unfortunately I think Popov may have picked up a bad ankle injury after being on the end of a really bad foul

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Our goals from Madivadua and Brunt - Brunt also had a penalty saved (good save more than a bad penalty)

Madivadua I thought was our best player, Maswanhise had a good 2nd half as well

Trialist from Villa wasn't very good, poor for their first goal and gave away a silly free kick for their second goal

Hopefully it wasn't but unfortunately I think Popov may have picked up a bad ankle injury after being on the end of a really bad foul

Always rated Madivadua whenever I have seen him play live! how old is he now though 20/21? 

Could do with some senior football I reckon. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wonder if popov and the player who fouled him could have had some history at yanited ? 

5 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Always rated Madivadua whenever I have seen him play live! how old is he now though 20/21? 

Him and Maswanhise who I have been impressed by for a couple of seasons now should have been out on loan this season

Both 21 in October / November this year and between them have just 45 minutes of senior football (all Madivadua against Watford in the FA Cup in January 2022)

Hopefully Huth can work some magic this summer and get them good loans

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Him and Maswanhise who I have been impressed by for a couple of seasons now should have been out on loan this season

Both 21 in October / November this year and between them have just 45 minutes of senior football (all Madivadua against Watford in the FA Cup in January 2022)

Yeah let's hope so mate! 🤞

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Or they can stay and play with us in the Championship...

22 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

...watched him in a televised game playing in a DM position and thought he looked very good!!!

It was a big surprise to see him there, but he was very comfortable receiving the ball from the backline and he had the skill to play himself out of tight situations to beat the press.

Watching him play in other positions just does not seem to have any real purpose as it is never clear what we are trying to achieve or the formation that we are playing. I would suggest that he looks at the DM role as a more fitting position to take up, he has the pace and skill and awareness to thrive in the role. Everything else that he does on the pitch looks of little consequence. It is hard to advocate for him to go on loan when his position has never really been defined within our club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...watched him in a televised game playing in a DM position and thought he looked very good!!!

It was a big surprise to see him there, but he was very comfortable receiving the ball from the backline and he had the skill to play himself out of tight situations to beat the press.

Watching him play in other positions just does not seem to have any real purpose as it is never clear what we are trying to achieve or the formation that we are playing. I would suggest that he looks at the DM role as a more fitting position to take up, he has the pace and skill and awareness to thrive in the role. Everything else that he does on the pitch looks of little consequence. It is hard to advocate for him to go on loan when his position has never really been defined within our club.

Yeah agree re position I think DM could defo work him, seen him play cam, rw and lw for the U21's Liked the look of him every time tbf and impressed on his debut against Watford. I think him and Masawhanise have the best chance of breaking through to the first team imo but who knows! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

That mean all carabao cup games in the whole competition be live on sky? So us in round one next year be on sky if we go down? 

Yes

26 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Although just seen it’s 2024/25 season so hopefully we aren’t in championship then haha

As if I missed such a crucial part 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

I definitely don't begrudge the lad if he moves here, but I do feel like this is endemic of the kind of move that we always make - a 20yr old from the 7th tier.

Again, he could come good, I don't want to imply I'm writing him off and it's only a trial, but we always seem to just take the cast-offs from other academies and older players from non-league in our academy - then do nothing with them until we release them at 24 - there's hardly ever signings from other good academies or hot prospects unless they've been released or anything like that.

We always just seem to scrimp and save when it comes to the academy - not necessarily the worst thing to do, but I would love to see us just be a bit more ambitious with all aspects of the academy.

Edited by The_Rorab

6 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

I definitely don't begrudge the lad if he moves here, but I do feel like this is endemic of the kind of move that we always make - a 20yr old from the 7th tier.

Again, he could come good, I don't want to imply I'm writing him off and it's only a trial, but we always seem to just take the cast-offs from other academies and older players from non-league in our academy - then do nothing with them until we release them at 24 - there's hardly ever signings from other good academies or hot prospects unless they've been released or anything like that.

We always just seem to scrimp and save when it comes to the academy - not necessarily the worst thing to do, but I would love to see us just be a bit more ambitious with all aspects of the academy.

i still prefer to give a kid a go who’s been excelling somewhere rather than see if a cast off can be slightly less sh*te with us 

Just find it weird that we go after villa rejects rather than poaching the best youth from coventry and derby 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

We have done it recently with Popov from Man Utd, Richards from Arsenal, and we beat a few of the big teams to Grist at Grimsby

But we should be certainly looking to pick up a few more