Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've lost a few staff to them this season.

Ashworth is starting from scratch, much like he did with England, so I imagine he'll have picked off staff from the majority of the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Squad for the upcoming Hksoccer7s tournament 

IMG_6066.jpeg

A squad of 11 players have headed out to Southeast Asia: Brad Young, Chituru Odunze, Joe Wormleighton, Harvey Godsmark-Ford and captain Lewis Brunt in defence.

Midfielders Brandon Cover, Deniche Hill, Kasey McAteer and Wanya Marcal-Madivadua are also off to Hong Kong, along with Kian Pennant and Tawanda Maswanhise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's not done anything for the past few years, his brothers the better player but don't see either making it.

...every time that I see either on the pitch they have done absolutely nothing!!!

I cannot understand why the club was so enthused to bring them through. I feel our setup and playing style helped no one in that team, never sure what position that they were supposed to be playing. He may pick up at another club playing in a better structure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Ric raves about them both. They seem good, and you never know what will happen in time with the right coaches, but neither have stood out when I've watched frankly.

He's barely been used in the U21s, but he was unbelievable for the U18s a few years back. Not sure why he hasn't made the step up, I fear Kian might be going the same way to, as he's another that was excellent for club and country U18s but not getting the opportunities as often at U21 level.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...every time that I see either on the pitch they have done absolutely nothing!!!

I cannot understand why the club was so enthused to bring them through. I feel our setup and playing style helped no one in that team, never sure what position that they were supposed to be playing. He may pick up at another club playing in a better structure.

It's a good point. Alves and Braybrooke did stand out in that system. So I can't say it was impossible to stand out. But I get the feeling, like you, that it did no one else any particular favours.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It's a good point. Alves and Braybrooke did stand out in that system. So I can't say it was impossible to stand out. But I get the feeling, like you, that it did no one else any particular favours.

...Wormleighton is a player I like in the team, formerly a winger but converted to Right Back!!!

He needs work defensively, has a tendency to be beaten in a one on one, but that can easily be sorted out. He has a great temperament and very good going forward. He does not look fazed in his games. Braybrooke is the stand out player in this group, he is caught in a position of almost good enough to go into the first team, or needs to go on loan to develop.

Will Alves, I am not sure about, uncertain where his best position will be, our system seems very generic, and it has not defined Alves main strengths. I watched him run at a defence, chopped back in the box and cut inside to finish what was a terrific individual goal, so playing in the half spaces (Inside Right) is perhaps the stronger part of his game.

Deniche Hill, perhaps because of the opportunity given to him (he wasn't born here) or just being bloody minded has made an impression on me with his willingness to take on defenders, even though we are choosing to play him at Left Back. He has the right attitude and shows more aptitude of a winger than,  Maswanhise,  or Madivadua.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Ric raves about them both. They seem good, and you never know what will happen in time with the right coaches, but neither have stood out when I've watched frankly.

Ric still thinks Tete is Brazilian to be fair... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Wormleighton is a player I like in the team, formerly a winger but converted to Right Back!!!

He needs work defensively, has a tendency to be beaten in a one on one, but that can easily be sorted out. He has a great temperament and very good going forward. He does not look fazed in his games. Braybrooke is the stand out player in this group, he is caught in a position of almost good enough to go into the first team, or needs to go on loan to develop.

Will Alves, I am not sure about, uncertain where his best position will be, our system seems very generic, and it has not defined Alves main strengths. I watched him run at a defence, chopped back in the box and cut inside to finish what was a terrific individual goal, so playing in the half spaces (Inside Right) is perhaps the stronger part of his game.

Deniche Hill, perhaps because of the opportunity given to him (he wasn't born here) or just being bloody minded has made an impression on me with his willingness to take on defenders, even though we are choosing to play him at Left Back. He has the right attitude and shows more aptitude of a winger than,  Maswanhise,  or Madivadua.

In fairness to Alves, he's clearly got incredible raw talent. We should be fitting him in whenever and wherever we can when he's back from injury. LW, RW, number 10, false 9, or even a bit deeper, in much the same way that Guardiola uses Bernardo Silva, Foden and De Bruyne. He has the skills and the physical attributes to be whatever he wants to be and he will be able to learn the quickest right now.  There's no need to pigeonhole him by getting him to play one position only.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

To get the best out of Will he needs the right and better quality players around him than he's got in the U21s

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Braybrooke shines in the U21s!!!

Sammy did his ACL back in February. By the time he's match fit, up to speed and able to make an impact it's probably going to be 2024. Big shame for him as he would have gone on loan to the Championship in January which would be great experience for helping us now :(lol!

Him and Alves hopefully can come into the team and help us out, but they literally can't start the season for us as they won't be available. 

...Braybrooke shines in the U21s!!!

But they're completely different types of player. Braybrooke more of a distributor where as Will needs a few players on his wavelength with a similar mindset if not the same skills.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2023 at 23:51, Ric Flair said:

He's barely been used in the U21s, but he was unbelievable for the U18s a few years back. Not sure why he hasn't made the step up, I fear Kian might be going the same way to, as he's another that was excellent for club and country U18s but not getting the opportunities as often at U21 level.

You cant say they aint done nothing either of them dont get chances when they do they smash it and change the game they make the game more lively and more attacking only if they got more game time they will show the talents

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Braybrooke is miles ahead of Alves. 

Alves has not really stood out but he's still so young.

Least he was before the injuries. 

In terms of development? Or ability/potential?