Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Development 

Interesting. I do wonder if that's got anything to do with Alves' versatility. Braybrooke clearly has a position, or at least an area of the field, whereas Alves seems to have been tried out in a few different positions without defining his role.

Then again, I know in coaching it's often considered part of their development to try those other positions to learn particular skills (e.g. Alves being out in central midfield earlier this season/last season to develop his defending and ball winning capabilities, I think I saw someone mention).

18 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Any youngsters who could step up apart from Braybrooke? I know Brunt has been used (by Rodge) but I gather he’s not particularly highly rated. 

Alves will be the Maddison replacement 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-confirmed-international-8479287

Northern Ireland manager Michael O’Neill has appeared to confirm that young midfielder Ryan Donnelly is set to join up with Leicester City as he continues his development in football.

The 16-year-old currently plays for Northern Irish side Dungannon Swifts, where he features for club’s U19 squad. He is also a Northern Irish U17 international, where he has two goals in 10 caps for the youth team.

The teenager stepped up to Northern Ireland’s U21 team for training this week, with O’Neill keeping a close eye on the player, and revealing a move is on the cards after a conversation with him.

“We had young Ryan Donnelly here training on Friday with the Under-21s, he was doing his GCSE exam the day before in school,” he told the Belfast Telegraph.

“He’s going to Leicester, and speaking to him, he seems ready for it. He can sit and talk about why he chose Leicester, why he liked Leicester, and I look at him and think ‘he’s going to go over and give it a real go’.

“He’s not going to go over there and maybe be homesick or unhappy or any of those situations that young players face.”

• Thanks 2

On 26/05/2023 at 20:10, themightyfin said:

Braybrooke is miles ahead of Alves. 

Alves has not really stood out but he's still so young.

Least he was before the injuries. 

Alves certainly got the coaches somewhat excited post the World Cup. Was very impressive and was all set to be involved in the 2nd half of the season. Fingers crossed him and Braybrooke come back and can fulfill their potential.

• Like 1

Ignore their age.  Have Alves and Braybrooke, when fit, part of a 25 man squad.  Add a bit of excitement to the crowd by playing young academy players.

We finished our Premier League incursion with academy products Iversen, Thomas, KDH and Barnes starting;  i suspect they will find Barnes the most difficult to surpass.

On 27/05/2023 at 01:12, CloudFox said:

Interesting. I do wonder if that's got anything to do with Alves' versatility. Braybrooke clearly has a position, or at least an area of the field, whereas Alves seems to have been tried out in a few different positions without defining his role.

Then again, I know in coaching it's often considered part of their development to try those other positions to learn particular skills (e.g. Alves being out in central midfield earlier this season/last season to develop his defending and ball winning capabilities, I think I saw someone mention).

Alves I believe is younger, so that's partly a reason  And Alves got more attention because of his flair. Braybrooke has always looked better but you hope with the right coaching Alves will shine; the talent is there.

• Like 1