Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hazza74

Transfer funds

On 19/07/2022 at 10:30, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Would be interested in seeing where that money went, the vast majority of new signings have been covered by sales/prize money and the stadium/seagrave were both funded by loans against future TV earnings. 

...did he not convert loans to share equity, which now sits on our balance sheet!!!

On 19/07/2022 at 13:22, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just look at Spurs and what they've done with their deadwood players.

They have not taken Winks, Reguilon, Lo Celso and Ndombele with the squad for pre season training to South Korea. 

Reading online Conte had apparently told them they aren't in his plans for next season and to find other clubs.

Think Spurs are using the hard stick and it will abit embarrassing for these players when they later they will train with the others when they come come back knowing that the manager thinks they are s*** and everyone knows they are unwanted.

While our deadwood is given the soft soft treatment eg. playing water volleyball at Seagrave etc

Or you know, just treat people right and keep their motivation in case we need them ..

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Or you know, just treat people right and keep their motivation in case we need them ..

Those Spurs players are all still there as well so it's not like treating your unwanted players like shit is a foolproof method of getting them out the door. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Those Spurs players are all still there as well so it's not like treating your unwanted players like shit is a foolproof method of getting them out the door. 

Players talk as well, no one’s gonna want to join a club who treats you like shit when you’re out of favour.

• Like 4

I keep seeing mention of we only have 2 weeks… the club won’t view it like that… they have about 7 weeks until the window closes. 

Its not practical… but I think much of our movement is going to happen after we’ve kicked off :( 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I keep seeing mention of we only have 2 weeks… the club won’t view it like that… they have about 7 weeks until the window closes. 

Its not practical… but I think much of our movement is going to happen after we’ve kicked off :( 

And most of our targets will have found other clubs by then… it’s a terrible position to be in… but we have to get on with it… looks like our budget each season is going to get lower… just hope that along the line we don’t have that nightmare season that sees us flirting with relegation…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I'm not too bothered, to be fair, because I doubt anyone who comes in is going to go straight into the starting line-up. 

Kasper 

Ricardo/Castagne 

Fofana 

Evans

JJ 

Ndidi 

Youri

KDH

Maddison

Barnes 

Vardy 

I can't see any new signing starting without a period on the bench to start with due to the strength of that 11 above, so I'm not worrying that we're leaving it late. 

well that’s just it and that’s probably exactly what brendan’s thinking.  Short of any injuries, I can’t see us rushing to complete anything 

• Like 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

And even with injuries in the positions we're supposedly trying to recruit (CB, CM and RW) we still have Soyuncu, Praet/Mendy and Perez to come in to the side for one or two of the opening games if need be, so you can see why the club want outgoings before any one comes in. 

the only thing i’m wondering about is player registration and how it works? Can we add praet for the first few weeks then remove him when the window closes? or do we have to leave space for incomings? 

Schmeichel / Iversen

Ricardo / Castagne

Justin / Thomas

Fofana / Soyuncu

Evans / Amartey

Ndidi / Mendy

KDH / Soumare

Tielemans / Praet

Maddison / Perez

Vardy / Daka

Barnes / Iheanacho 

Albrighton, Braybrooke, Nelson, Brunt, Stolarcuyk, Alves, Popov , Maswasinhe, Wright, Madivadua

I don't think the squad is the bloated, busted flush it's being made out to be: It's balanced with 2 players in every position, 5 who we'd probably shift if the right money was on offer and the right replacement available - but they are not all totally dead to the world. Look at how well Mendy resurfaced after being left out of the squad and loaned out. All is not lost for Soyuncu, Soumare, Praet or Perez. Albrighton literally doing the people's James Milner role and  9 juniors who have been near the first team before and are well thought of. 

Hardly reason to shit the bed. Particularly as it's a sprint to November followed by a massive gap.

3 players who no one wants to see in the squad...

Get your coat: Choudhury, Vest, Bertrand,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

.....not keen on long transfer windows, the shorter ones concentrate the mind!!!

You would have had months to compile a list of potential buys, you do not need all this time to get these transactions done. Once the season starts the window should close.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....not keen on long transfer windows, the shorter ones concentrate the mind!!!

You would have had months to compile a list of potential buys, you do not need all this time to get these transactions done. Once the season starts the window should close.

Tis true. You will get a load of panic stricken managers and fans willing to pay ridiculous money for a sticking plaster if we are not careful.

The problem is other teams only want to buy our players that we don't want to sell.

At the very least, they won't match our valuation, on the back of a season where no one really shone out, so there's no one player we can sell that will buy us 2-3 decent players.

This could be just about trimming the deadwood, if we're lucky.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Shorter windows are better for clubs like us, as we seem to not be great at getting things done early, so a shorter window forces the issue.

Personally I would take Praet back in the squad, would be like a new signing, whenever he had a run in the side we always seemed to be on form.

• Like 1