Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hazza74

Transfer funds

22 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Sorry, I’m sure it’s been mentioned but who are the 10 players?

....pretty much these!!!

# player Date of birth / Age Joined Signed from Contract Market value
1 Kasper Schmeichel Goalkeeper Nov 5, 1986(35) Jul 1, 2011   Jun 30, 2023 £3.60m
5 Ryan Bertrand Left-Back Aug 5, 1989(32) Jul 15, 2021   Jun 30, 2023 £2.70m
6 Jonny Evans Centre-Back Jan 3, 1988(34) Jul 1, 2018   Jun 30, 2023 £3.60m
24 Nampalys Mendy Defensive Midfield Jun 23, 1992(30) Jul 3, 2016   Jun 30, 2023 £3.60m
9 Jamie Vardy Centre-Forward Jan 11, 1987(35) Jul 1, 2012   Jun 30, 2023 £4.50m
18 Daniel Amartey Centre-Back Dec 21, 1994(27) Jan 22, 2016   Jun 30, 2023 £9.00m
17 Ayoze Pérez Second Striker Jul 29, 1993(28) Jul 4, 2019   Jun 30, 2023 £9.00m
8 Youri Tielemans Central Midfield May 7, 1997(25) Jul 8, 2019   Jun 30, 2023 £49.50m
4 Caglar Söyüncü Centre-Back May 23, 1996(26) Aug 9, 2018   Jun 30, 2023 £36.00m
20 Hamza Choudhury Central Midfield Oct 1, 1997(24) Jan 1, 2018   Jun 30, 2023 £3.60m

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Literally everyone around us making good signings, if we aren’t in a relegation battle will be a good season

That's a bit OTT. We can still field an outstanding XI and with a few good subs too. It's just the direction of where we could go if any more bad decisions are made that's the worry. 

This time next year could be a lot worse!

12 minutes ago, sdb said:

That's a bit OTT. We can still field an outstanding XI and with a few good subs too. It's just the direction of where we could go if any more bad decisions are made that's the worry. 

This time next year could be a lot worse!

I honestly don’t think it is, we have some players in horrible form, bound to get injuries again and the players we replace with are shocking in general

• Haha 1

New season with a sensible pre season should offset the first 2. Your 3rd point is a legitimate concern. If we lose Kasper, Soyuncu, Youri and Vardy over 12 months, and probably an Ndidi and/or Forfana/Castagne, and replace with the calibre of player we've more recently gone for, then relegation becomes a possibility.

6 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I honestly don’t think it is, we have some players in horrible form, bound to get injuries again and the players we replace with are shocking in general

New season with a sensible pre season should offset the first 2. Your 3rd point is a legitimate concern. If we lose Kasper, Soyuncu, Youri and Vardy over 12 months, and probably an Ndidi and/or Forfana/Castagne, and replace with the calibre of player we've more recently gone for, then relegation becomes a possibility.

5 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I totally agree, we hammered some shit sides towards the end but overall against the mid to top table sides we looked distinctively average.

We need at least 3 new faces.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Literally everyone around us making good signings, if we aren’t in a relegation battle will be a good season

People are so desperate to be seen to take action nowadays that they seem to forget doing nothing is an option and often the safer one.

3 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

People are so desperate to be seen to take action nowadays that they seem to forget doing nothing is an option and often the safer one.

And presumably we’re all supposed to forget that the manager himself said we needed a squad refresh and a different priofile of player to defend set pieces - that’s al history now is it? 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Fu*k me how on earth did we win and fa cup and finish 5th, 5th and 8th with an injury ravaged squad.

Utter drama queens on here. 

Shall we just keep this team forever then with no changes because of that you clown 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

And presumably we’re all supposed to forget that the manager himself said we needed a squad refresh and a different priofile of player to defend set pieces - that’s al history now is it? 

I do find it hilarious that at the time people slated him for making excuses, that a refresh wasn’t needed, it was all his fault… now apparently we absolutely do need a refresh and he was right. 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I do find it hilarious that at the time people slated him for making excuses, that a refresh wasn’t needed, it was all his fault… now apparently we absolutely do need a refresh and he was right. 

Not me mate. We do have a lot of ineffective squad players. The inconvenient fact for Brendan and his cheerleaders is that most of them have been brought in on his watch - Perez, Bertrand {agent Brendan’s son I believe) , Soumare, Vestergaard - alll now on the deadwood list. Last summer s offering all courtesy of his best mate Lee Congerton. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxOnWheels said:

With a fully fit squad we should be doing pretty better than relegation, we need to sort Soy, Youri and a RW, every other position is pretty much covered?

Kasper (probably reaching the end of his peak but still a top keeper)

Ricardo/Castange Evans/Soy/Fofona  Thomas/Justin

KDH/Nididi/Youri/Maddison/Barnes/Soumare

Vardy/Nacho/Daka

I know we could do with a winger and maybe a CB but everywhere else I think we are pretty strong, no weaker than last season.. stronger without injuries for sure.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

With a fully fit squad we should be doing pretty better than relegation, we need to sort Soy, Youri and a RW, every other position is pretty much covered?

Kasper (probably reaching the end of his peak but still a top keeper)

Ricardo/Castange Evans/Soy/Fofona  Thomas/Justin

KDH/Nididi/Youri/Maddison/Barnes/Soumare

Vardy/Nacho/Daka

I know we could do with a winger and maybe a CB but everywhere else I think we are pretty strong, no weaker than last season.. stronger without injuries for sure.

I agree but that’s the thing time is running out for that right winger and centre back which if we got the right players for those positions could make a huge difference

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I agree but that’s the thing time is running out for that right winger and centre back which if we got the right players for those positions could make a huge difference

Yea I think we need to sign a RW and CB asap with or without Youri and Soy going.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Or that couldn’t. :dunno:
I get it’s frustrating to not strengthen, more for the purpose of more competition for me, but we should never put the clubs future at risk for more signings.

I actually think we will get 3-4 in, but only later in the window when the dominos start to fall

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Seemingly so, but would you ever trust anything coming out of that man's mouth? He's just like one of the current crop of politicians we have on both sides of the house in Parliament. 

The defence issues could be hugely improved with the right person addressing them ie not Rodgers and his current coaching staff. 

Multiple million pounds training facilities like our and England's are merely nice buildings, equipment and grass unless you employ the right personnel within them. I'd suggest that our current crop, largely led and influenced by a man with an outmoded philosophy and personal agenda are not commensurate to consistent winning football. 

10 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Don’t confuse making signings with improving their squad - Leeds for example have made signings, but their squad is far inferior to the one that finished last season. 
I haven’t yet seen a signing outside the big money six that has made me stand up and go wow that’s huge. 

• Like 1