Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hazza74

Transfer funds

So if we sell manage to sell anyone thats on too big a pay packet (for their current ability), then those we bring in will need to be paid less? - if we are burning through 90% of our turnover just on players wages :unsure:

I presume we will be shopping for those paid much less currently, and hoping they turn into top quality players, and only then would we increase their pay, and contract length, to keep them.

Pleas don’t overpay anyone from Southampton.

Last summer was an absolute nightmare, Soumare, Bertrand, Vestergaard and Daka bought.

Lookman on Loan

Sold/given away

Benkovic

Ghezaal

We flushed all of our available transfer and wages money down the toilet last summer, and for that, last season, we got a back-up centre forward, and 3 others who would be lucky to make the bench if we had a fully fit squad.

Its painful to think that this summer we are suffering for wasting last seasons transfer window.

But that’s the way it goes, when you get a transfer window so wrong, and end up with players on big bucks, c/w their current ability when playing for us.

We probably now have to revert back to our standard summer window of selling someone for a big fee, and working from those funds raised, on our recruitment,

Without a big sale, we have nothing.

Maybe we need one or two from the U23s to breakthrough instead. :cool:

Edited by hamptonfox

The problem with moving players on is that someone actually has to want to buy them, and our squad is full of over paid tripe, adding another issue of “why would I want to move downward for less money” from the players perspective..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We didn’t sell anyone last summer 

we havent sold anyone yet this summer 

we dont have a sugar daddy like villa do.  Our squad is deeper than theirs,  West Ham and Everton 

we’re suffering from the trend for players to see it their contracts. This will happen to all clubs and affect the non big six more. 

if the player and agent want to see out the contract for extra gains then we should just not play them all season, one way to stop the issue

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

if the player and agent want to see out the contract for extra gains then we should just not play them all season, one way to stop the issue

Trouble is, lose a few matches and they would be screaming for Rodgers to bring them back on here.

24 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If agents already have loose agreements with clubs a year ahead then it may not be much of a risk for them to not play …… as I said in another thread, it can’t be too much aggro to spend the season training at seagrave and then pocketing a double figure s/o fee 

the club will lose more by trying to make a point 

Just now, Webbo said:

I predict by the end of the window we'll have moved 3 or 4 on, 1 or a maybe loans and bought 2 or 3 in. 

Im sure I'll get the usual insightful  lol reply, but time will tell. 

Actually I agree.  I think that's a likely scenario.  And that would do me in the circumstances.  CB and right winger + Youri replacement if he buggers off.  

27 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Going to be difficult to shift a few of these lads, massive wages with average ability. 

Its not difficult to shift them, we could offere them for loan with us paying 90% of their wages, and that would likely generate a queue.

Its shifting them on terms we can live with thats the problem, but I guess that was implicit with your statement   :D

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

The problem with moving players on is that someone actually has to want to buy them, and our squad is full of over paid tripe, adding another issue of “why would I want to move downward for less money” from the players perspective..

Hopefully for the likes of vestergard he would take a lower wage at a lower level team to ensure a place in the World Cup squad 

Pretty sure most lcfc fans since the premier league win became delusional. From the very start vichai said the club will be ran sustainably . We are not gonna be one of these clubs who goes bust or just gets inside ffp. Also its a buissness extension of king power in essence and in football theres very little profit so i cannot blame them for not opening the cheque book untill players have gone . Didnt we also loose congerton to atalanta and we are or have recruited southamptons but he cannot start till after the transfer window

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ashlar86 said:

Pretty sure most lcfc fans since the premier league win became delusional. From the very start vichai said the club will be ran sustainably . We are not gonna be one of these clubs who goes bust or just gets inside ffp. Also its a buissness extension of king power in essence and in football theres very little profit so i cannot blame them for not opening the cheque book untill players have gone . Didnt we also loose congerton to atalanta and we are or have recruited southamptons but he cannot start till after the transfer window

Owning a sports club is usually not the smartest business. 

• Like 1

I know people have mentioned missing CL a few years, and although that is a reason (though not so much as we shouldn't be expecting or planning for that,) we were still able to invest - the last few years about £50m net spend, around that anyway - some could be Chilwell money, but we also got rid of multiple high earners.

Someone closer to the accounts will be able to explain in detail if there is a money problem - I suspect it's not actually THAT bad it's more to do with our big squad. We've become bloated, and we don't have European football this year* which is massive, probably the biggest reason as to why we're talking about money.

We're paying too much to fringe players, but it's still a pittance compared to the top 6, so realistically it was always going to catch up with us. Websites don't indicate we:re the 7th highest for wage bill, we're more like 9th-10th.

So I think it's the predicted loss of revenue from no European football coupled with a bloated squad, it's not sustainable to bring players in and let assets rot away. We should be loaning/selling players that don't fit into our plans, and we can't.

*Something like 20-25m lost revenue from Europa League and 7m lost on finishing 8th instead of 5th.

Either

1.) There is no trust in Rodgers to recruit, and we aren't going to pay off his contract so we're playing the waiting game till he's gone.

2.) We have no accesible funds unless we sell and each player has a reserve price not being met.

We have had a fair few stinkers over the past 5/6 years but we've always been able to cut our losses with our assets, I think we're now running short of those assets

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If agents already have loose agreements with clubs a year ahead then it may not be much of a risk for them to not play …… as I said in another thread, it can’t be too much aggro to spend the season training at seagrave and then pocketing a double figure s/o fee 

the club will lose more by trying to make a point 

the club will lose nothing, if anything they would have a committed player who actually wants to be here the following season.

Edited by whoareyaaa

3 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

So I think it's the predicted loss of revenue from no European football coupled with a bloated squad, it's not sustainable to bring players in and let assets rot away. We should be loaning/selling players that don't fit into our plans, and we can't.

Just to add, potentially losing saleable assets we've paid big money for next season is a huge red flag to a club like ours. Nearly 90m chalked off if we don't manage to sell.. Youri - 40m / Perez - 30m / Soyuncu - 20m

42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its not difficult to shift them, we could offere them for loan with us paying 90% of their wages, and that would likely generate a queue.

Its shifting them on terms we can live with thats the problem, but I guess that was implicit with your statement   :D

Yeah your bang on mate, we can give them away to an extent and free up a place but it needs to make sense money wise with our investment. The Soumare signing is the most ridiculous really, long contract, offered next to nothing and he's on 80k a week. 

• Like 1