Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hazza74

Transfer funds

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

With this being common knowledge now surely it puts us in a weaker position when negotiating transfer fees out as clubs will know we are somewhat desperate to get rid of players.

Agents probably already knew. So maybe, but everyone probably knew. 

Plus, if you are selling someone you don’t want, clubs know that and already have you over a barrel.

Most of our business will be in the last few weeks probably as teams start putting in low ball offers and we need to make a decision. 

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

With this being common knowledge now surely it puts us in a weaker position when negotiating transfer fees out as clubs will know we are somewhat desperate to get rid of players.

I think buyers and sellers have better idea of values than supporters in general but even then they get it wrong. At the higher end , fees like Grealishes and Sancho's are ridiculous of course , they are not worth that. The problem for us is not the fee its the salary players want. Youri gets about £6 million a year with us and he and his agent would want a decent improvement on that based on what is being paid to others in the PL.  Its a big outlay to any club.

No one has ever said we don’t have money or funds , only that we have to offload first to create squad space to bring in players. Our successful billionaire owners realize having more than 25 first team players is wasted money and is bad business for long term sustainability of a successful business 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

crazy idea but those players who only have a year left on contract , i wonder if we can negotiate a pay off .   pay them less than their contract would and then they can also negotiate a signing on fee with a new club as they are contract free. A player might say no thanks id rather stay blah blah but make it clear to them they are not in your plans and WONT make the 25 man squad cut so will deffo see no action. 

This would also get rid of some of the deadwood and give us some room to bring in someone and keep wages within income for ffp . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dorsetboy said:

crazy idea but those players who only have a year left on contract , i wonder if we can negotiate a pay off .   pay them less than their contract would and then they can also negotiate a signing on fee with a new club as they are contract free. A player might say no thanks id rather stay blah blah but make it clear to them they are not in your plans and WONT make the 25 man squad cut so will deffo see no action. 

This would also get rid of some of the deadwood and give us some room to bring in someone and keep wages within income for ffp . 

This is worth exploring , if say Hamza dropped to 40 grand a week but made that up with a pay off and some up front payment , he might be interested , especially if he received a four year contract.

I remember the last time we had no transfer money due to over paid players on the books and a oversized squad. Was the season we was promoted from the championship. All we could afford was a 400k mahrez in the January window. 

as  I’ve stated on another thread, starting the season with a fully fit evans, fofana, Justin is a massive upgrade on the last season. Praet back to and we didn’t know KDH qualities this time last year 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Maybe we could start a whip round? Everyone throws £10 in each, reckon that would buy some players? 

You would have more success kidnapping those we want rid of as it would free squad space.

3 hours ago, dorsetboy said:

There is a reason it’s rare, firstly we’d probably save more loaning then out. Secondly, there are wages, loyalty bonuses, other bonuses etc they would have to forgo. 

Their agent also isn’t there to do is favours. He’s going to try and rinse us, and you’ll have no idea what he is or isn’t being offered elsewhere. So what’s you best bet… saving 10-20%. 

Let’s say it’s the top end, 4 x players on 60k a week would bring in zero fees and about 48k savings in wages a week. You might as well keep the assets for that.

3 hours ago, dorsetboy said:

We'd be better just selling them for a low fee than paying them off for nothing. 

I've got round excepting we are not going to sign anyone.....let Brendan work with what he's got.....he's already spent alot since he's been here (some say 200m+ not sure myself)

Bad workmen always blame their tools.

Let's see how good he is when has to dig deep and can't have his own way. 

He can't keep signing players and then go off them and not play them...... he's just flushing LCFC millions down the drain, let's wait till the new head scout comes in and wait till Jan or next summer to sort out in-comings and out-goings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hazza74 said:

Yeah i get that but Top has a few quid knocking about don't he?

What does that have to do with anything? Ever heard of FFP? He can't just throw £300m at Brendan and tell him to sign 3-4 world class players

• Like 1

The situation we’re in is what it is. If nothing at all happens with transfers in or out his window, the squad we have should at least be good enough for mid table this season. Shouldn’t be any danger of relegation as long as players can be kept motivated. After that, the wages situation will start to ease and we can rebuild over a few seasons, perhaps with a new manager and recruitment team.

Personally I’m ok with that. We’ve been spoiled in recent seasons, and have to put up with some rough along with the smooth.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

We have money.

We have too many players outside the 25 man squad we need to shift first. 

Our revenue and wage bill are almost the same. I believe your wage bill can't overspend the revenue? 

When we move people on, we will sign players  

But….we…..aren’t… doing….

That’s the whole point of about ten different threads

😩

Someone should start a transfers thread.

All we need to do is sell Ward for 8 million, Soyuncu for 20+ million, Amartey for 10 million, Bertrand for a packet of own brand cream crackers, Choudhury for 8 million,  Mendy for 6 million, Soumare for 15 million,  Praet for 15 million, Tielemans for 30 million, Iheancho for 20 million, Perez for 10 million , Hirst for a tik-tok dance and Vestegaard ffs....

And we would have options.  

And still have a decent first team with players coming through.  If the above were gone we could still field: Schmeichel,  Castagne, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ndidi, KDH, Maddison, Albrighton,  Vardy, Barnes with Iversen, Scolarcyzk Perreira, Thomas, Braybrooke, Daka,Wright, Alves in reserve.

Most of our 'deadwood' are far from dead .  But they are highly paid and so difficult to shift.  They will sometimes put in good performances.

I think we will have a good season  with a feeling of if only.  We will start the season with one of our best ever squads.

21 hours ago, westernpark said:

Club favouring other investments? I’m not sure the ins and outs of where funds are allocated, but 100 million has just been spent on the new training ground. And the likely commitment of a stadium expansion. 
Could anyone expand on whether those funds could have been allocated to transfers?

...the outlay on infrastructure comes from loans taken out against final positions in our league campaigns!!!

It therefore affects our ability to spend on improving the squad, and (at the time) with interest rates at an all time low, it would have been the ideal time to proceed with the venture. The fact that the stadium expansion has been delayed and interest rate climbing,  will have a longer impact as prices are now climbing and the cost as as well.

Rodgers would have been made aware of how we sought to run the club and what funds would have been made available to him.

There are 10 players whose contract expires at the end of next season, this summer was the right time to offload or extend one our two of those contracts.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dorsetboy said:

...that would be a lot of money paid out in a fiscal year, we would have to pay a fee to bring others in to replace them and the cost of their wages!!!

That is a lot of pressure on our finance, as there would be no incoming funds to offset paying up the players contracts.

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

There are 10 players whose contract expires at the end of next season, this summer was the right time to offload or extend one our two of those contracts.

Sorry, I’m sure it’s been mentioned but who are the 10 players?