Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

Women's Football 2022-23

Thanks for putting this together! Be great to see the USA and Brazil games to get even more of a feel for where the Lionesses are at currently.

Is every LCFC home game at the KP next season? Was nice to see the club promo'ing the season ticket, but couldn't work out whether they'd all be at the KP or at other Leicestershire locations.

Also I assume with Liverpool coming up we'd now be considered the lowest ranked side in the WSL? Shame to lose that Birmingham safety cushion lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Thanks for putting this together! Be great to see the USA and Brazil games to get even more of a feel for where the Lionesses are at currently.

Is every LCFC home game at the KP next season? Was nice to see the club promo'ing the season ticket, but couldn't work out whether they'd all be at the KP or at other Leicestershire locations.

Also I assume with Liverpool coming up we'd now be considered the lowest ranked side in the WSL? Shame to lose that Birmingham safety cushion lol 

Looking at transfer business, it's us, Villa & Reading that look set for the fight at the bottom, can't see Liverpool's higher ups letting them fail again.

All our games are set for the KP at the minute but the Pirelli over Burton is the back up in case of any clashes, and probably cup games (Everton in March & Liverpool in April are the only two that are the same weekends as the men's team being at home I think so depends on TV movements).

And yeah with the World Cup next year it's nice that England are gonna get a taste of what's to come, the US are the shakiest they've been in awhile but you'd still have them as favourites right now, Brazil is an interesting one because they're so far ahead of the rest of South America.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

England v Luxembourg 20,000 tickets been sold! incredible I mean if you played that fixture say three or few months ago you would have been lucky to see 5,000 there. England and USA also to come in October at Wembley, I reckon we could see at least 60,000.

Managed to get two for the USA game when the ticket website was finally working, looked to be less than 30,000 left so already around 60k (assuming it was set for full capacity), mad the impact Sunday had, they only had one stand open for the Luxembourg game before the demand picked up lol

Edit:

Yep...

Edited by LCWFCJ
Update
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LCWFCJ said:

Managed to get two for the USA game when the ticket website was finally working, looked to be less than 30,000 left so already around 60k (assuming it was set for full capacity), mad the impact Sunday had, they only had one stand open for the Luxembourg game before the demand picked up lol

Edit:

Yep...

Saying about an hour wait in the queue now too! Imagine it'll sell out today which is incredible.

It's about time more premier league clubs opened the doors to play more England womens internationals at bigger stadium's, credit to clubs like Stoke that have always offered there stadium. As mentioned in another post hope Leicester offer to stage a game. The last four or five years the womens have being playing at Doncaster, Rotherham, Port Vale, Stoke, Notts County where capacities aren't exactly that big. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

It's about time more premier league clubs opened the doors to play more England womens internationals at bigger stadium's, credit to clubs like Stoke that have always offered there stadium. As mentioned in another post hope Leicester offer to stage a game. The last four or five years the womens have being playing at Doncaster, Rotherham, Port Vale, Stoke, Notts County where capacities aren't exactly that big. 

I think around the 30,000 mark for the lesser games with more at Wembley will be the target now, the audience finally seems to be there.

It was only February that they were only pulling in 13-15,000 for games against Canada/Germany/Spain, if they know what’s good for them they’ll start announcing a lot of games in the next couple weeks to strike whilst the interest is at its highest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Another easy win for England tonight.

Don’t know what England can get out of these sort of games apart from a lot of goals .

To be fair the mens qualifying standard isn't much of a better standard and that has improved massively over the years.

Like I remember in the 90s England used to beat the likes of Turkey 6 or 7 nill.

The stronger the game gets the best the standard of international football will get. 

• Like 2

I really like this England team. Looking forward to the World Cup. They are such a relatable bunch of players - there doesn't seem to be any egos and none of the ridiculous baggage which comes with earning £300,000 a week like some of their male counterparts.

Every time I hear one of them being interviewed, it is amazing how dedicated, professional but also grounded they are. 

Watching Millie Bright and Rachel Daly posing endlessly for selfies with fans, signing autographs all with smiles on their faces was great to see. 

I'm a big fan and will definately be taking my kids to watch them soon

This is what bothers me about the WSL

Sky TV 1st seven choices.

Tottenham v Man U

Man C v Arsenal

Liverpool v Chelsea

Chelsea v Man C

Liver pool v Everton

Reading V Arsenal

Tottenham v Man C

You can see where it's heading. 

4 hours ago, davieG said:

This is what bothers me about the WSL

Sky TV 1st seven choices.

Tottenham v Man U

Man C v Arsenal

Liverpool v Chelsea

Chelsea v Man C

Liver pool v Everton

Reading V Arsenal

Tottenham v Man C

You can see where it's heading. 

Yep, us, Villa and Reading make up a quarter of the league but are on proper tv (Sky or BBC) a combined twice (0 for us) out of the first 6 weeks despite there being 2-4 games shown each weekend

9 hours ago, LCWFCJ said:

Yep, us, Villa and Reading make up a quarter of the league but are on proper tv (Sky or BBC) a combined twice (0 for us) out of the first 6 weeks despite there being 2-4 games shown each weekend

This is true and the more successful the league gets the more sky will get their claws in to it and price out the BBC so it'll all depend on whether the FA keep a handle on it and keep showing free to air games or like the top tier of the men's game lose control of it and you end up with a carbon copy of the uncompetitive top 6 biased PL.

The FA can't even put a wages cap on  or some other financial controls as they'll get accused of treating the women's game differently even though it would be better for it.

Call me pessimistic and I am when it comes to football but that's the way I see it going. 

Not quite WSL but I help out with women's side in Nuneaton. No match today of course, but did have training session and a practice match against first team and development. I think most the ladies were disappointed with the cancellation. Understand it's huge event going on, but most are concerned that on a weekend were the weather has most been fine, pitch in good condition and yet unable to play. Thoughts are who knows what kind of winter we're going to face, make the most while we can play. Interestingly we seem to draw quite a crowd after while... only way to watch a bit footy at the moment for many ;).   

On 08/09/2022 at 09:41, davieG said:

This is true and the more successful the league gets the more sky will get their claws in to it and price out the BBC so it'll all depend on whether the FA keep a handle on it and keep showing free to air games or like the top tier of the men's game lose control of it and you end up with a carbon copy of the uncompetitive top 6 biased PL.

The FA can't even put a wages cap on  or some other financial controls as they'll get accused of treating the women's game differently even though it would be better for it.

Call me pessimistic and I am when it comes to football but that's the way I see it going. 

Yep totally this. Said before Womens football has done really well not being too tribal, having a high accessibility to it and a level of unpredictability. At least two of those three are on their way to being destroyed - the WSL isn’t fit for purpose - the top clubs are chasing after CL glory in arms race but they still a way off Lyon and the Spanish duo 

• 4 weeks later...