Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

Women's Football 2022-23

21 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Nearly as bad as when the ball hit Wes Morgan in the face and ref gave pen at Anfield before VAR was a thing. Lads were great that day and got 2-2

We had that with Chris Powell v Everton in 2006 too.

Good open game and win by England .

Some nice play and we had to hold on a bit .

• Like 1

Nice to watch England match and enjoy it! instead of being bored to tears with Southgate's stale football and tactics. 

The Fa got it right in the women's game appointing Wiegman, we have got probably world's best female coaching managing us at the moment. Why can't The Fa get it right when comes to the Men's game. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, trabuch said:

The women's international game is considerably more appealing than the men's at the moment. 

Agreed. I took my daughter last night. We had a great time. I genuinely really enjoy women's football. The ball must be in play almost twice as much as a men's game. There is far less cheating and tactical fouling, it's great.

• Like 3

Hey guys,

I am a Master's student at the University of Brighton from South Korea. Being a female fan myself, through my thesis research I want to find out what can enable more male fans to live, breathe and sleep the women's games as much as you do for the men's games. I would really appreciate your quick minutes into the survey I designed for the research I am conducting. 🥰

Survey Link: https://brighton.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/male-british-football-fans-attitudes-towards-attending-wo-8

Thank you guys xx
  • Like 1

Here's one, UEFA Women's Champions League group stage starting tonight, Arsenal are winning 5-1 away to defending champions Lyon.

First time Lyon have conceded 4+ in a competitive game since 2005.

Meanwhile the losing finalists from last season Barcelona are 7-0 up at home to Benfica with 7 different goal scorers

Edited by LCWFCJ
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, LCWFCJ said:

2023 World Cup Draw is tomorrow morning (7:30 UK time)

England pot 1 as you'd guess.

There's some current Leicester involvement too through CJ Bott (New Zealand; Pot 1) and Ashleigh Plumptre (Nigeria; Pot 4)

Well, I'm watching it, even if no-one else is :P  Group D: England, Group B playoff winner, Denmark (Grr.), PR China

EDIT: England cannot face the USA until the final, so that's good, right? :D   Canada/ROI in Group B are on our side of the draw...

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:

Well, I'm watching it, even if no-one else is :P  Group D: England, Group B playoff winner, Denmark (Grr.), PR China

EDIT: England cannot face the USA until the final, so that's good, right? :D   Canada/ROI in Group B are on our side of the draw...

Yep no USA until the final but on a collision course with Germany for the quarters

We’ve not done too bad draw wise, could be better, could be worse

Edited by LCWFCJ
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Frustrating article I just read on BBC Sport, where Emma Hayes suggests its not a bad idea to have a 'closed' Women's Super League. In other words the same teams each year no relegation, more franchise based. So basically if you lower league side, who work there way through the leagues from lower levels, to aim for that dream to play for the best players in the top level, only to be told you can't higher the championship is just unfair. Again if it's not been discussed in the men's game, it's now been suggested in the women's game. Typical football snobbery from the big clubs again, to just protect themselves. 

I do admit there is a problem in the women's super league where teams are being promoted and struggling to complete in the top level espically as there new and don't have the budget as other clubs have. It's not like the mens game where if your promoted there's 100million waiting for you to spend in the transfer window to give you have a fighting chance of survival. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Frustrating article I just read on BBC Sport, where Emma Hayes suggests its not a bad idea to have a 'closed' Women's Super League. In other words the same teams each year no relegation, more franchise based. So basically if you lower league side, who work there way through the leagues from lower levels, to aim for that dream to play for the best players in the top level, only to be told you can't higher the championship is just unfair. Again if it's not been discussed in the men's game, it's now been suggested in the women's game. Typical football snobbery from the big clubs again, to just protect themselves. 

I do admit there is a problem in the women's super league where teams are being promoted and struggling to complete in the top level espically as there new and don't have the budget as other clubs have. It's not like the mens game where if your promoted there's 100million waiting for you to spend in the transfer window to give you have a fighting chance of survival. 

She's right in my opinion. They chose to go down the route of allowing super clubs to spend like they have done in the men's game. So the gap is so large - the playing depth needs to improve until the league is strong enough to start being competitive. It will come but the WSL/W Championship has just developed far too quick for its own being. 

16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

She's right in my opinion. They chose to go down the route of allowing super clubs to spend like they have done in the men's game. So the gap is so large - the playing depth needs to improve until the league is strong enough to start being competitive. It will come but the WSL/W Championship has just developed far too quick for its own being. 

Is it for that reason though or just protect the big commercial clubs from going down. Cause lets not forget Man Utd and Liverpool both suffered relegation fairly recently for TV viewing they need to show the big clubs, as if you notice on sky and BBC they only feature games with the big clubs, if it's a game between Leicester and Reading that will not be shown even it's relegation scrap. Maybe a play off setup could arranged, like some Scottish league's have. Top  of the lower division take on the bottom team of the higher level winner either goes or stays up. 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Is it for that reason though or just protect the big commercial clubs from going down. Cause lets not forget Man Utd and Liverpool both suffered relegation fairly recently for TV viewing they need to show the big clubs, as if you notice on sky and BBC they only feature games with the big clubs, if it's a game between Leicester and Reading that will not be shown even it's relegation scrap. Maybe a play off setup could arranged, like some Scottish league's have. Top  of the lower division take on the bottom team of the higher level winner either goes or stays up. 

Both Liverpool and Manchester United have recently upped their support of their female teams. Manchester United were never relegated as their team is relatively new and was immediately given a chance in the second tier. Liverpool should just be about okay this season but yeah they got relegated when the parent club stopped the financial support. 

They feature games with the big clubs in respect of the same way it happens in the Mens game, that's where the audience is to warrant the money the TV companies spend on the league. 

Emma Hayes just wants games of better quality rather than protecting the big clubs from relegation. For her team to be ready for the Champions League. For the league to become a stronger quality to attract better players. It's not good look for a top flight to have scorelines of 8-0, 7-1 or 9-0. 

Teams coming up could apply for it and subject to fitting the criteria be deemed good enough for promotion. There are countless professional sports in this country where the leagues try having too many teams or a semi-pro/pro second tier supporting the top tier and the depth or support simply isn't there. Rugby Union, Rugby League, Basketball spring to mind.