Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Groundhopping

• 2 weeks later...

Did England women away to the Netherlands last night in Utrecht, great atmosphere and near enough full ground. Shame England lost but well worth the trip, well worth the trip to Utrecht in general, it’s a city you can easily fall in love with.

Onto Amsterdam now for a tour of the Johan Cruijff tomorrow (thanks to the game against Volendam being postponed tonight, good excuse to come back)

• Like 1

Doing Ajax-Volendam after all! 2nd of November, was already in Leuven October 31st-November 1st for England women against Belgium and managed to extend that trip. After that a much cheaper remainder of the season, knocking the Italy trip back to next season, looking at Harborough (with Dynamo) and Borehamwood, Leyton Orient & Dagenham (all with LCFC women) as far as new grounds go that are pretty much nailed on, few repeats too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All booked for me and my brother to take my dad to Germany at the start of December as a 60th present.

Doing Bochum v Wolfsburg on the Saturday, then Sunday presents the chance for a double-header as Wattenscheid are at home in the afternoon and Dortmund II at home in the evening against 1860 Munich. Hoping the latter might be played in the Westfalenstadion, although it's most likely to be the Rot Erde right next door to it.

Friday fixtures didn't fall too kindly so we'll chuck in a bit of Christmas Market action and a trip to the German Football Museum. Job's a good'un.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2023 at 12:22, CosbehFox said:

Harrogate here at the weekend. Another non-league ground where they've added about six or seven stands for it to satisfy ground grading. 

Thought it was much better than Barrow or Sutton. Although the away support apparently dislike Harrogate away end a lot. 

Looking at Congleton this Saturday 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

All booked for me and my brother to take my dad to Germany at the start of December as a 60th present.

Doing Bochum v Wolfsburg on the Saturday, then Sunday presents the chance for a double-header as Wattenscheid are at home in the afternoon and Dortmund II at home in the evening against 1860 Munich. Hoping the latter might be played in the Westfalenstadion, although it's most likely to be the Rot Erde right next door to it.

Friday fixtures didn't fall too kindly so we'll chuck in a bit of Christmas Market action and a trip to the German Football Museum. Job's a good'un.

They've been using Westfalen for games against the larger travelling support. R-W Essen took a few thousand this weekend. With 1860 there is a chance. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

They've been using Westfalen for games against the larger travelling support. R-W Essen took a few thousand this weekend. With 1860 there is a chance. 

Yeah, saw that. Think the kick-off time may count against chances of a decent-sized away support, given how far they're coming from. Did a Saturday lunchtime game with 1860 in the away end as Duisburg a few years ago and there were only 3-400 there.

They do have a weird, minor "enemy of my enemy is my friend" friendship with Dortmund though so that may boost the attendance.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

The Dortmund Christmas Market is quite interesting..The large Christmas tree is made up of many Christmas trees..

I don’t know your internary for Germany..And how many days…

But if you are doing a weekend,no use travelling a far..

If you have longer Cologne,Düsseldorf, can be taken in..Small/large CMs abound

obviously then cologne & Dusseldorf games…>but not in area called Ruhrpott<

The Ruhrgebiet:-

Duisburg, Essen, Oberhausen, Bottrop, Gelsenkirchen, Bochum, Herne, Recklinghausen, Dortmund, Hamm und Hagen. 

Or Schalke04…grrr:@ (  I am a big BvB fan) 1st/16 December Bundesliga 2.home games…

BVB have games…9th/13/20 Dec…

signal Iduna ( Westfalian) stadium tours..1-15 people flat rate €180/120..

Veltins stadium Schalke..have simular tours.. Sometimes you can take in both stadiums individual tours,or join a group splitting costs.. At one time the offices (shop) would drop friendly hints. 
All tours can be found online..

Erfurt..3hrs from Dortmund,has probably one of the 3 most beautiful original enclosed within old fashion houses /squares Ch.Markets.spreading through the town..
But there are enough CMs in all towns forementioned. Various-faire for regional & international folk-regional- food,

A different Ambiante instead of eating in Restaurants…Even better in cold weather, with well protected clothing against the elements. Plus you don’t have the hassle of finding a restaurant..If you do go to a restaurant…Pefferkorn, /Hövels Brauerei/Webster Brauhaus/ Brauhaus Wenkers( Dortmund institution)

image.jpeg.58290d910952b858320954e136b07f3f.jpeg

so picture reminded me of ..:giggle:

The German mining museum,in Bochum could be worth a visit,if you like to see this type of history..

• Like 3

@fuchsntf Thanks for the tips. We're staying around the corner from the German Mining Museum so I'm hoping to visit that too. I've been going to Bochum multiple times a year for 12 years and haven't managed to go there yet, even though one of my mates actually got married in the mine shaft there!

We'll be staying in the Ruhrpott for the whole weekend, I think - although Koln II v Fortuna Koln was a potential match we could have visited on the Friday (logistically it looked a bit difficult as we're flying into Eindhoven to save money). We won't have that much time before the BVB II game on the Sunday if we're coming straight from Wattenscheid, but I'll bear your recommendations in mind.

We also considered Schalke v Osnabruck on the Friday night, but I'm told standing tickets would be impossible. 

57 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

@fuchsntf Thanks for the tips. We're staying around the corner from the German Mining Museum so I'm hoping to visit that too. I've been going to Bochum multiple times a year for 12 years and haven't managed to go there yet, even though one of my mates actually got married in the mine shaft there!

We'll be staying in the Ruhrpott for the whole weekend, I think - although Koln II v Fortuna Koln was a potential match we could have visited on the Friday (logistically it looked a bit difficult as we're flying into Eindhoven to save money). We won't have that much time before the BVB II game on the Sunday if we're coming straight from Wattenscheid, but I'll bear your recommendations in mind.

We also considered Schalke v Osnabruck on the Friday night, but I'm told standing tickets would be impossible. 

Yep Schalke Stehplatz Karten…Even from private,impossible task..

I tried to look for you,from my contacts, but ( Christmas time) Stand tickets around BvB/Schalke Even, their neighbours,a forlorn task. Locals would of eyed them up months ago,ready to pounce..

Germans,love a CM & a bargain Football ticket,goes hand in hand.Even casual supporters…and insistent wife’s/girlfriends.The modern romantic-weekend..:rolleyes:

Time to get now into the mine…and afters with a tasty meal on foot from any chosen  CM.      Lunch & dinner,sometimes next to an open-air cosy fire.

Hey !! and the choice of beer ,craft/local brewery…/pub-brewery,more choice than Enzo has players from our squad..

• Like 2

Sparta & Excelsior Rotterdam - will matter on the opposition. Sparta doing well at the mo - and they also have this epic castle frontage to one of the stands. 

Feyenoord - I am going in three weeks - tickets generally sell very few to members, particularly for the more illustrious opposition but they do have a secondary market which is very useful to pick up single tickets. Ajax and PSV is very hard. 

I am finding tons of non-league clubs. 

Hearts & Hibs is opposition dependent. Either of the Old Firm or the Edinburgh derby, you'll need help from a member. Don't forgot Spartans who are gaining a rep with their youth ultras. Edinburgh City have possibly one of the worst grounds ever. 

• Like 2