Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Groundhopping

13 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone had any experience going to Dutch games? 

Yes, went to MVV Maastricht in September (little report earlier in the thread). Really enjoyable place to watch football and a nice city to boot.

Think @Bayfox is definitely the expert for Dutch football in this thread though!

16 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Looking to do a few in Europe next season, appreciate any recommendations re: Germany & Netherlands in particular 

Leicester link aside, Bochum is also a great base for getting in two/three games in a weekend (as well as a belting night out). So many clubs in that area of Germany and the Dutch border's also not too far away, with good days out to be had in Dusseldorf and Cologne within an hour's train ride as well.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yes, went to MVV Maastricht in September (little report earlier in the thread). Really enjoyable place to watch football and a nice city to boot.

Think @Bayfox is definitely the expert for Dutch football in this thread though!

Leicester link aside, Bochum is also a great base for getting in two/three games in a weekend (as well as a belting night out). So many clubs in that area of Germany and the Dutch border's also not too far away, with good days out to be had in Dusseldorf and Cologne within an hour's train ride as well.

Thanks. I’m going to Amsterdam later in the year and want to go to a game. I appreciate that Ajax may be impossible but willing to travel to an extent. 

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Thanks. I’m going to Amsterdam later in the year and want to go to a game. I appreciate that Ajax may be impossible but willing to travel to an extent. 

You can get ‘tourist’ tickets for Ajax where it’s a package. Equally they do have a secondary market and they haven’t been selling out against the lower sides recently 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You can get ‘tourist’ tickets for Ajax where it’s a package. Equally they do have a secondary market and they haven’t been selling out against the lower sides recently 

Interesting, I will look into that. Not going till late august so will all depend on fixtures.

21 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone had any experience going to Dutch games? 

Yes mate.

Got season tickets at Excelsior 

Ticked off

Ajax

Breda 

Utrecht 

PSV (also now done with Leicester.

Sparta a few times last one was Jan for the Derby with Excelsior 

Den Haag a few times.

If you want or need any advice let me know. Tickets can be quite easy to pick up in nuetral areas. Or most clubs will sell so long as you provide a passport via emai.

It helps I know the ticket staff at Excelsior so I do find it easier as they will arrange my tickets for me to collect at other clubs where possible.

Think I've been out six times over the years and normally get a Friday, sat and Sunday game in.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Interesting, I will look into that. Not going till late august so will all depend on fixtures.

Depending on the fixtures a lot of the smaller clubs don't sell out at the Arena and the away end can be split in 2. Same at PSV and they sell.that second block as a kind of neutral area.

My 1st trip to the arena was as an away fan in the Excelsior end and the block next to us was near to empty and I've done the  neutral bit at PSV and Breda before 

• Like 1

Took my 12 year old to Denmark for his birthday last week to watch AFG AArhus vs Viborg, 3rd vs 4th in the Danish Superleague. Great atmosphere and stadium with nearly 16k in there and you can drink litres of beer in your seats! only downside was those beers costs nearly 20 quid each!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Depending on the fixtures a lot of the smaller clubs don't sell out at the Arena and the away end can be split in 2. Same at PSV and they sell.that second block as a kind of neutral area.

My 1st trip to the arena was as an away fan in the Excelsior end and the block next to us was near to empty and I've done the  neutral bit at PSV and Breda before 

Sounds good thanks for the info. I’ll give you a shout nearer the time once I know the fixtures if that’s ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Estadio Azteca, got a wedding in Mexico City in October which I have leave approved for, their season is running then. Too early to start booking flights, hotels and planning the trip, but hope my dates coincide with a game. A European away pre-season match with city would be great, maybe finally time to do Ibrox/Celtic Park next season. Otherwise there will be some weekend trips into Europe planned which will hopefully match up with a game.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Hoping to keep this thread alive for next season with all the new grounds for people to tick off!

Really hoping for a Europe away with City, Wrexham home game and a Hearts/Hibs weekend in pre season. 

What plans does everyone else have next season? 

Me and my brother are taking my dad to Germany as a 60th present so will hopefully tick off two new German/Dutch grounds, as well as a Bochum game, whenever we get around to that.

On the local front, would like to do some more Harborough Town games if I get the chance next season. Got a couple of mates who live in Rugby these days so quite fancy going there if that fixture works out.

Middlesbrough, Plymouth, Cov and Rotherham are the new grounds for me with Leicester next year. Anywhere charging over £30 for a ticket can bollocks though, so we'll see how that works out.

• Like 1

Update to 22/23 Season Goals

Overall Grounds now 276 - watched LCFC at 87

This season I am hoping to:-\

• Finally finish off the 92 - 89 - Up to 90 - did Sutton. Harrogate and Wrexham remain
  • Complete Midland Football League Premier Division 16/20 - Completed but teams mixed up for next season
  • Complete Southern League Midlands Premier 16/22 - Up to 18 
  • Complete Northern Premier League Division 1 Midlands 14/20 - Up to 15

I have things booked or planned for:-

• Lisbon in October - watch Sporting and hopefully fit in one of the lower league grounds which are superb - Completed. Sporting + Club Oriente 
  • Thinking of having a week off during the World Cup and possibly going down to the South coast to Hastings, Eastbourne and Lewes if the fixtures fit - Didn't go but must soon Hastings ground is going. 
  • Greenock Morton in December - Didn't go
  • Secret trip in February - basically a stag which can not confirm location but will be very good - Bilbao, Sociedad + Portugalete 
  • Vienna derby in March - Went, superb
  • Edinburgh derby in April - Went, probably best occasion I seen all season
  • If not cash strapped Berlin in May - Didn't go

Will do 23/24 goals when the fixtures flood through - but I am keeping an eye on the Scottish League Cup draw next Thursday and the European draws on 20th (Penybont are playing at Brewery Field, home of Brigend RFC and Haverfordwest County likely at Aber Town)

Best ground I've done this year is Athletic's San Mames. Best occasion Edinburgh derby albeit Vienna the most eye catching. Best old fashioned surprise was Gainsborough Trinity but classics at Stockbridge, St Albans, Chatham, Clitheroe and Queen of South. Naff grounds Harborough, Studley, Worksop. 

• Like 4

Loose list:

Some championship grounds I've never been to Bristol City, QPR, Plymouth. Will do more depending on how we're getting on.

Barwell, never been.

Poland trip

Linfield 

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

23/24 Season Goals

Overall Grounds now 276 - Aim to make 300 by end of the season 

This season I am hoping to:-

• Finally finish off the 92 - 90 - A weekend in Harrogate booked in October for the visit of Stockport. Would leave Wrexham which I think will have to be in the away end for a Southern Based club. 
  • Complete Midland Football League Premier Division 16/18 - Congleton & Northwich Victoria to visit. Preferably do after work up that way. 
  • Complete Southern League Midlands Premier 17/22 - Berkhamsted, Kettering, Leiston, Needham Market, Royston to do 
  • Complete Northern Premier League Division 1 Midlands 19/20 - Spalding 
  • Dent away at UCL North (1/17) & UCL South (5/20)
  • Visit Rotherham and Plymouth with Leicester - only Championship grounds I've not seen us at 
  • Following non-league grounds I'd like to visit Hastings, Chorley, Marine & Wingate/Finchley 

• Hoping PAOK or Aris make group stages of Europe for September 
  • Feyenoord v PSV in early December - about to book Eurostar - gonna need a bit of help for a ticket but will do Utrecht if not, and plenty of games to choose from elsewhere on the weekend. 
  • Hopefully get up to Scotland some time - really want to do Greenock Morton, was hoping for the Dundee Derby but no luck. 
  • February - Italy trip - a bit all over the place at the moment, Serie B and C are in utter crisis as it stands. 
  • That will be it with a Wedding this year!

Brilliant list! Especially with a wedding lined up lol

I've been trying to get tickets for their games so far this season but they've all sold out. Hoping some booking history with league 2 clubs like Sutton will give me a chance! Apparently Wales are hosting Gibraltar there in October but that might be even harder to sort.

I'm looking at going Scotland too, I quite fancy Dunfermline on 11th November for my dad's birthday, as he has a soft spot for them. Probably stay over in Glasgow or Edinburgh for remembrance Sunday. 

I went Rugby Town the other night for the first time and it's set me off again! Great ground for the level. 

• Thanks 1

On 17/05/2023 at 16:57, Bayfox said:

Yes mate.

Got season tickets at Excelsior 

Ticked off

Ajax

Breda 

Utrecht 

PSV (also now done with Leicester.

Sparta a few times last one was Jan for the Derby with Excelsior 

Den Haag a few times.

If you want or need any advice let me know. Tickets can be quite easy to pick up in nuetral areas. Or most clubs will sell so long as you provide a passport via emai.

It helps I know the ticket staff at Excelsior so I do find it easier as they will arrange my tickets for me to collect at other clubs where possible.

Think I've been out six times over the years and normally get a Friday, sat and Sunday game in.

Hi mate, now the fixtures are out we are looking at going to Vitesse v AZ on 3rd September. Any ideas on best way to get tickets? Can I just order on their official site? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Hi mate, now the fixtures are out we are looking at going to Vitesse v AZ on 3rd September. Any ideas on best way to get tickets? Can I just order on their official site? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Let me see if my contacts at Excelsior can offer any help or secure tickets for you. I'll drop them an email in the morning. 

And what's app a couple of mates out there. How many tickets you after?

Edited by Bayfox

10 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Let me see if my contacts at Excelsior can offer any help or secure tickets for you. I'll drop them an email in the morning. 

And what's app a couple of mates out there. How many tickets you after?

Only 3 mate although can’t I just buy online?

Edited by Unabomber

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Only 3 mate although can’t I just buy online?

Dropped you a DMl mate. Not sure if they will just sell you online direct or if you will be requested to provide passport details.

Holland still has massive issues with hooliganism, I've been requested to provide passport on collection at numerous grounds and my.season tickets now can only be released each season once I've provided upto date photo ID uploaded to club website.

Like LCFC are running the operation 

If you have no joy the message includes the direct emails for staff at Vitesse 

• Like 1

On 30/07/2023 at 18:26, CosbehFox said:

23/24 Season Goals

Overall Grounds now 276 - Aim to make 300 by end of the season 

This season I am hoping to:-

• Finally finish off the 92 - 90 - A weekend in Harrogate booked in October for the visit of Stockport. Would leave Wrexham which I think will have to be in the away end for a Southern Based club. 
  • Complete Midland Football League Premier Division 16/18 - Congleton & Northwich Victoria to visit. Preferably do after work up that way. 
  • Complete Southern League Midlands Premier 17/22 - Berkhamsted, Kettering, Leiston, Needham Market, Royston to do 
  • Complete Northern Premier League Division 1 Midlands 19/20 - Spalding 
  • Dent away at UCL North (1/17) & UCL South (5/20)
  • Visit Rotherham and Plymouth with Leicester - only Championship grounds I've not seen us at 
  • Following non-league grounds I'd like to visit Hastings, Chorley, Marine & Wingate/Finchley 

• Hoping PAOK or Aris make group stages of Europe for September 
  • Feyenoord v PSV in early December - about to book Eurostar - gonna need a bit of help for a ticket but will do Utrecht if not, and plenty of games to choose from elsewhere on the weekend. 
  • Hopefully get up to Scotland some time - really want to do Greenock Morton, was hoping for the Dundee Derby but no luck. 
  • February - Italy trip - a bit all over the place at the moment, Serie B and C are in utter crisis as it stands. 
  • That will be it with a Wedding this year!

If you need any help with the Morton trip, give me a shout. It's my local team. 

Hertha Berlin vs. Greuther Furth & Rot Weiss Essen vs. Preussen Munster later this month with the Signal Iduna Park tour.

Netherlands vs. England in the Women's Nations League in Utrecht & Ajax vs. Volendam with the stadium tour the next day for September.

Roma vs. Torino planned for next Feb.

Looking to do Meadow Park (Arsenal/Borehamwood), Prenton Park (Liverpool/Tranmere), Victoria Road (West Ham/Dagenham) & Brisbane Road (Spurs/Leyton Orient) to complete the WSL this season and chip away at the Northern Prem Division One Midlands following Loughborough Dynamo.

Hopefully a few more between Leicester, England & potential trips later in the season too.

Edited by LCFCJoe96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1