Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Groundhopping

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

@Soup I'm not sure if you're still around, but I'm guessing you would be able to help me with this? @Stuntman_Mike I've seen on another thread you're off here soon too, have you booked tickets?

Yeah we booked ours for €30 each and we're in block 752 for the Villarreal game 3rd May. I have no idea where's best to sit, but thought stands on the sides are usually better for neutrals or tourists. Plus I don't mind being high up either, think it's a better view!

estadio-mestalla-seating-plan.jpg

• Thanks 1

Decided not to do the game at Naprzód Lipiny this morning. Banging headache and a bit of heatstroke. Plus was happy to get 8 hours sleep. I had been planning to go to sleep earlier last night but got talking to a guy from Hampshire, who was en-route from Kyiv to Georgia, in the centre of Katowice, and opted to have a beer in the Rynek (main square) with him instead. 

Rather than Lipiny, i chose to head to the Park Śląski - a massive inner city park (think Central Park doped up on communist steroids) - to take a look around the renovated Stadion Śląski. This was Poland's national stadium for decades, but fell into disrepair saw its renovation take much longer than expected, and was usurped by the Stadion Narodowy in Warsaw.

Compress_20230423_125756_6745.thumb.jpg.77d3c69ea83ff050264f19aec36c23b5.jpgCompress_20230423_125756_6307.thumb.jpg.b0b13ea264013ae53e545e34eb69d048.jpg

Whilst there, on the pitch of the nearby team (also called "Stadion Śląski"), there were a couple of kids' games going on. That'll count as my fourth game, right? 

Compress_20230423_130154_4410.thumb.jpg.6757ac4be153720fa8750e7cd55c46b4.jpg

Don't know which teams were playing, but the number 13 in goal for the team in white made a handful of phenomenal saves. 

Now in Katowice, waiting to catch a train to the big game in Zabrze. 

Edited by Górnik Leicester
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Wrexham coming up means I'm back down to 91 of 92. 

Hopefully Notts County join them, but if not Boreham Wood or Woking would be fun! (said no one ever lol)

Impressive!

• Thanks 1

Found out last night I'm sorted for Preußen Münster's away end against Wuppertal next Friday. Game's being played in Oberhausen due to redevelopment of Wuppertal's ground.

Excited by the prospect of an open, curved terrace and an away end that should be bouncing due to Münster's promotion last week.

Also in an away end the following day, with Bochum at Gladbach. Not a new ground - or even a new away end - for me. Saw Mainz play there when Shinji played for them. Still, so much on the line for Bochum and a dozen Leicester are due to be in there with them. Can't wait.

Didn't manage to get Leverkusen v Köln derby tickets so may just plump for some non-league, beers and bratwurst with mates on the Sunday at TuS Hordel in Bochum. They're relegation-bound and playing Holzwickede, a name people may recognise if they've ever faced the pain of trying to get to Dortmund Airport by rail.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2

On 16/04/2023 at 14:00, FoxesDeb said:

Can anyone give me any advice on where we should sit in the Mestalla? We'll be in Valencia when they play later this month and there are plenty of tickets available, I'm just not sure where is best. Does it really matter where we choose?

Was it last nights game you went to? :)

Huge win for them.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Was it last nights game you went to? :)

Huge win for them.

It was, and yes it was :) Really enjoyed it, and you can't beat a stoppage time winner for a bit of excitement!

We're back in Valencia for 3 weeks next month so we're hoping to get to both their Real Madrid and Espanyol games, I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy decent live games.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

It was, and yes it was :) Really enjoyed it, and you can't beat a stoppage time winner for a bit of excitement!

We're back in Valencia for 3 weeks next month so we're hoping to get to both their Real Madrid and Espanyol games, I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy decent live games.

Glad you had a great time and got your live football fix! 

Hopefully our game is as exciting Wednesday :cool:

• Like 1

Not much of a groundhopper really but have been to a few new grounds this season

Dickens Road - Harrowby United

Sandy Lane - Worksop Town

Ashby Avenue - Lincoln United

Ingfield - Ossett United

Jakemans Stadium - Boston United

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2023 at 10:21, Stuntman_Mike said:

Valencia 1-1 Villarreal

The game was a poor standard but it was a fantastic experience! 

Will definitely come back to the Nou Mestalla. Valencia is incredible.

IMG-20230504-WA0017.jpg

In a weird six degrees of separation, I think your missus must follow my missus on some social media. In random conversation, my fiancée mentioned the Mestalla looked steep 🤣 - I asked her how she knew that and she mentioned someone on her Facebook or insta went there 

On 28/04/2023 at 07:59, Voll Blau said:

Found out last night I'm sorted for Preußen Münster's away end against Wuppertal next Friday. Game's being played in Oberhausen due to redevelopment of Wuppertal's ground.

Excited by the prospect of an open, curved terrace and an away end that should be bouncing due to Münster's promotion last week.

Also in an away end the following day, with Bochum at Gladbach. Not a new ground - or even a new away end - for me. Saw Mainz play there when Shinji played for them. Still, so much on the line for Bochum and a dozen Leicester are due to be in there with them. Can't wait.

Didn't manage to get Leverkusen v Köln derby tickets so may just plump for some non-league, beers and bratwurst with mates on the Sunday at TuS Hordel in Bochum. They're relegation-bound and playing Holzwickede, a name people may recognise if they've ever faced the pain of trying to get to Dortmund Airport by rail.

Oberhausen was a real treat in the end. Münster fans I spoke to were very friendly, nice pyro show from Wuppertal and a 4-3 thriller to boot.

Ended up at Schwarz-Weiss Essen, rather than Hordel, on the Sunday. Former German Cup winners but now in the fifth-tier Oberliga. Beautiful ground approached through a forest from the S-Bahn station and a huge curved terrace. A very authentic lower league German football experience.

5 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Looking to do a few in Europe next season, appreciate any recommendations re: Germany & Netherlands in particular 

Biased but go to Bochum. Even better going there being a Leicester fan, will be treated so well. Tickets no danger if they drop but if they do stay up drop us a line. UFS have a few season tickets there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Biased but go to Bochum. Even better going there being a Leicester fan, will be treated so well. Tickets no danger if they drop but if they do stay up drop us a line. UFS have a few season tickets there.

Nice one thanks for that, will keep it in mind 👍

On 07/04/2023 at 11:35, grobyfox1990 said:

Anyone been to football in Greece? I am in Athens 10-12 May. Originally booked to come back to Leicester for Liverpool home, now that’s been moved to Monday night so I won’t go. Thinking of changing my flight and staying in Athens that weekend, Pana and AEK are at home. Is it too mental a scene for me to go alone? It’ll be last day of their season

Didn’t manage to get to a game but looked around the olympiakos stadium. It’s still pretty new but looks worn out and tired. Following the pattern of Athens which is a total dump. Unfortunately I got there a day late and missed their match v Pana

On 13/05/2023 at 08:52, CosbehFox said:

In a weird six degrees of separation, I think your missus must follow my missus on some social media. In random conversation, my fiancée mentioned the Mestalla looked steep 🤣 - I asked her how she knew that and she mentioned someone on her Facebook or insta went there 

I checked with her and it seems it's a complete coincidence!